Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Protos 700/800

MSH Protos 700/800 MSH Protos 700/800 Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2014, 11:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Flying the Protos Max

Going through all the threads, it would appear that up to this date nobody has maidened/tested any of the machines of the first batch .....(and I realise it's wintertime)

Just curious

Belgo
belgoheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2014, 04:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

probably because everyone is bitching about its weight LOL
dl5973 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2014, 05:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
HAV
Registered Users

Hahahaha.....good one!
HAV is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2014, 06:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I dont get why people compare this to other 700 machines. This thing is designed to hold togeather with 800mm blades. It's not heavy in that 800 class. One guy from finland just told that hes logo 800 is 7.1kg!!

I try to get the rest of the wiring done tomorrow and fly the maiden day after tomorrow
Old 02-21-2014, 06:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohtori R View Post
I dont get why people compare this to other 700 machines. This thing is designed to hold togeather with 800mm blades. It's not heavy in that 800 class. One guy from finland just told that hes logo 800 is 7.1kg!!

I try to get the rest of the wiring done tomorrow and fly the maiden day after tomorrow
Post a video please! (-:
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2014, 10:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will
Old 02-22-2014, 06:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

One of the two that made it out to Australia was Maidened today, owner likes it. We have a big meeting on next weekend (Nick Maxwell is coming out) and the Max will be there and I am sure we will have some video. I heard a whisper that one of our 3D Masters will get his hands on it for a flight, so that will be one to watch.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2014, 07:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Maidened my max today. Put 3 flights on it. i flew at 1700, 1850, and 2000 with a 800 setup. No disappointment, its fantastic! I havnt quite figured the flight times yet because i was flipping through the different headspeeds, but it seems like 4 - 5 min depending. It is quiet; all you can hear are the blades! This is also the first experience i have around an 800 machine, the size is impressive in the air. Cant wait to start beating on it a bit more!
Old 02-22-2014, 08:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Ewing View Post
Maidened my max today. Put 3 flights on it. i flew at 1700, 1850, and 2000 with a 800 setup. No disappointment, its fantastic! I havnt quite figured the flight times yet because i was flipping through the different headspeeds, but it seems like 4 - 5 min depending. It is quiet; all you can hear are the blades! This is also the first experience i have around an 800 machine, the size is impressive in the air. Cant wait to start beating on it a bit more!
Nice! I've been waiting to read a flight review. When i'm ready to step up to a 700/800 size this will be it.
Trini92 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2014, 08:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Ewing View Post
Awesome! I figured we would hear a flight report today since it's a Saturday and the weather has been beautiful (here at least). Did you notice any special characteristics about how it flies or does it just fly like a normal 700/800 except quiet? I know that may sound like an odd question and be kind of hard to answer, but I have flown certain helps that have a different feel than others in the air like the Warp (flies more like a super smooth 600 than a 450) and the Synergy E7se (has a smooth, but yet snappy feel that is unmatched by any large heli I have ever flown). I am super excited about the Protos. I have been waiting on it since it was announced and I planned on it being my first 700, but I have had around 8 of them now. But yet Iam still very excited and I am really hoping it brings something to the table that none of the others have. I am starting to wonder if I should go ahead and grab a set of 800mm blades and build it as an 800 from the beginning. Did it still have a snappy, agile feel as an 800?

Controlled by: Jeti DS-16
Clay333 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2014, 02:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

maidened mine yesterday as an 800. Flew 1600, 1850, 2050. It's fantastic, feels very light in the air. Fast on pitch changes (faster than my 7hv in fact). It was a bit slower on roll speeds than I like, but I have to play with my fbl to fix it. Also it's really silent - all you can hear are the blades

At 2050, it's a smack machine, very agile and fast - can't really tell much difference from a 700 machine. At 1850 it still has all the power and speed you need and I actually enjoyed it more than 2050. But I fly smooth 3d, not smack.

Also dampeners - I would recommend going to hard 3d ones. Mine also started to wear after a couple of flights, as someone else has already mentioned it on some other post.

Overall, I prefer it much more over my 7hv which I loved.
ciobrelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2014, 06:48 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciobrelis View Post
maidened mine yesterday as an 800. Flew 1600, 1850, 2050. It's fantastic, feels very light in the air. Fast on pitch changes (faster than my 7hv in fact). It was a bit slower on roll speeds than I like, but I have to play with my fbl to fix it. Also it's really silent - all you can hear are the blades

At 2050, it's a smack machine, very agile and fast - can't really tell much difference from a 700 machine. At 1850 it still has all the power and speed you need and I actually enjoyed it more than 2050. But I fly smooth 3d, not smack.

Also dampeners - I would recommend going to hard 3d ones. Mine also started to wear after a couple of flights, as someone else has already mentioned it on some other post.

Overall, I prefer it much more over my 7hv which I loved.
Awesome. Are you running 12s or 14s?
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2014, 07:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hard to comment on unique flight characteristics as i havnt pushed the heli yet. If anything, id say it reminds me of my 6hvu, except giant! After a few of piro pitch pumps and piro flips, i feel like it flies the way it looks in Darios videos. At 2000 it moves! Im using 12s 5000
Old 02-23-2014, 09:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

14s, Xnova 4535XTS 460kv motor
ciobrelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in