Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > R/C Helicopter Tools and Supplies

R/C Helicopter Tools and Supplies Tools and Products used with R/C Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2013, 03:03 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Center workbench is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToFly1 View Post
i built this wood table to fit the center of the room so i have access all the way around it.
Thats what I'm missing at the moment! My next workbench will be in the center with 360° access to it for sure.

So I would go for this solution if you have the room. Or even a mobile workbench which you can roll to the wall when you don't build stuff or need the space in the middle of the room

Soko
soko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2014, 06:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Workbench

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhu667 View Post
I've been informed by my soon to be wife that the kitchen will no longer be suitable for helicopter projects if I would like for her to cook dinner. To be fair, I do have every bit of counter space, including stove top, covered with heli parts and heli related stuffs. So it's time for me to build a workbench. I think I've settled on this one, but I welcome any suggestions.

http://www.familyhandyman.com/worksh...bench/view-all

15 2x4s is sure going to make a heavy bench.

I'm not opposed to buying a workbench, but they can get pretty pricey and not be exactly what you want. I'm thinking something about counter top height, so you can work comfortably standing up but can sit at with a stool.

None of these suggestions can include ditching the fiance! She's been pretty handy so far, and she enjoys all of my hobbies.

Thats the workbench i built, works really well, i most likley used way too many screws putting it together, but it is def sturdy
GrumpyNav is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2014, 11:49 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use an old office desk my wife use had before we got married. It's about time I upgrade to something bigger as I'm running out of room to work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	478190
Old 01-11-2014, 12:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah, I reckon its time to get a new one

I like the touch of the fire extinguisher
soko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2014, 06:08 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hit up craigslist for an old all metal desk. They're built well and can be found for free or on
the cheap.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:34 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

late post, but maybe useful? I bought an interior door from home depot, then some 4x4s for legs. Applied sheetrock to the top. Dead flat to build planks and nice and big for building just about anything. Wish I'd done it sooner.... very handy.
usnscpo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2014, 12:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default controlled chaos

Work bech is out in garage, makes it dificult to work in winter since garage isnt heated yet.
on the plus side since it is in the garage i can dust it with the air compressor...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMAG0055.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	518962  
Old 07-11-2014, 01:17 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's a picture of my workbench while I was still building it.

It helps that my other hobbies include woodworking. The bench is in the garage and has a 4' T8 aquarium light above the bench and a 6' power strip mounted along side the light. There's also a swing magnifying light that attaches to the right. I have both a small 4" vise and a large 8" vise that get mounted to the top when needed.

The biggest feature of the bench top is that the melamine top is inset in the pine edging. There's a hole in the right hand side that I can use to push the edge up. This allows me to remove the top and slide a new one in when I tear up the first one.

I've added some other storage options on the wall for small parts and a paper towel holder.

This bench sees everything from helicopter parts to small engine repair to appliance fixes.

If you want some really good overall bench ideas, check out a forum called garagejournal. I'll warn you... 10 minutes of reading that site and you will feel that all of your tools are suddenly inadequate
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2013-01-20 17.06.19.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	521391  
niget2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2014, 01:16 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been working on this one for a while. It is a dedicated helicopter and hobby room, detached from the house. I ran conduit to the building and will be pulling wire giving it a dedicated 50 amp 220v circuit in my sub-panel. I have a window ac unit that I will install permanently through an exterior wall to keep me cool and an electric heater to keep me warm during the winter and summer months.
The room is 8x13, and will have a large 8' wide desk/table for building and tuning, and I will be able to leave my soldering gear and heat guns out and all of my tools and projects half finished sitting out on the table. Right now I have to pick everything up every night to keep the kids out and the wife happy.
I Will post more pics as I get more progress.

Team Blue Collar "Footin' the bill since 2012" Sent from my S5 using tapatalk.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:33 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

That is awesome, I would love to do that but I think my wife would prob make me add a bed in there as well
crazycraig is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2014, 02:27 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekicopter View Post
When I built the addition to my garage last year I built the benches to match the height of the tool box which is about 40". It worked out to be the perfect height for me to work on the heli's.
I know this is an old thread but very nice!
500 Pro DFC
nighttrain06 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2014, 02:34 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessdigs View Post
I have been working on this one for a while. It is a dedicated helicopter and hobby room, detached from the house. I ran conduit to the building and will be pulling wire giving it a dedicated 50 amp 220v circuit in my sub-panel. I have a window ac unit that I will install permanently through an exterior wall to keep me cool and an electric heater to keep me warm during the winter and summer months.
The room is 8x13, and will have a large 8' wide desk/table for building and tuning, and I will be able to leave my soldering gear and heat guns out and all of my tools and projects half finished sitting out on the table. Right now I have to pick everything up every night to keep the kids out and the wife happy.
I Will post more pics as I get more progress.

Thats a very nice heli tinker house! Need a dedicated PC/SIM/kickass sound system...
for heli parts ordering and cataloging.....what kind of lighting are you gonna use?
Thats nice man!
500 Pro DFC
nighttrain06 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2014, 02:47 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain06 View Post
Thats a very nice heli tinker house! Need a dedicated PC/SIM/kickass sound system...
for heli parts ordering and cataloging.....what kind of lighting are you gonna use?
Thats nice man!
I am not sure what kind of lighting, I just know that I will not use fluorescent lighting. Fl flickers and tires out the optic nerve, and I do not want to be fatigued when I'm working on Helis. Lots of light, lots of power. All my soldering stuff stays out and set up, tools stay out, and spare parts hung up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in