Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 11:21 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just had my first crash with my logo and although it wasnt the hardest crash ive seen I went in nose first from about 30 feet in the air while piroing outa control streight on to the concrete cause I lost the tail......I had hit less hard with my 450 and paid more for repairs on that then im paying for this crash.....I can think of no other bird out there I want....cept maybe an Aurora...all told my crash was less then 200
Havoc07 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2009, 03:19 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great info helicraze, I'm sure it will help a lot of people. Thanks for taking the time to compile.

Synx666, I did much research before deciding on the Logo 400 for a 500 class heli. In the end, the difference in price is minimal when you add up all the upgrades people use to make them (Aligns for example) look and perform better. Crash prices are not much different either, and in some cases (eg frames) the Logo is considerably cheaper. Also, more aftermarket parts are becoming available now, and Mikado is dropping its prices on these parts, so it's win win for Mikado lovers!
Wogboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2009, 04:12 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks everyone, i truely hope it will help people, after a few posts of broken swash and tails i realised that many people were not aware of certain things.

I am simply forwarding information on, some was what i found out myself, other things were pointed out by Shawn and Fredrik among other peeps as well in various threads.
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2009, 08:44 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag72 View Post
No offense man...but if you are comparing the performance of the logo to the blade 400 and Gaui 200...it's no surpise that you think the logos are the best thing going

Those aren't exactly the best machines out there ...even the align machines can beat those
hehehe you said align hehehehehehe
mikado rules
hawkins221 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2009, 08:54 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Z Guy:

The Logo 500 v-bar kits do not come with the hardest dampers (3092) which are said by Ready Heli staff to work best with v-bar. I happened to be short two dampers so they sent me six of the 3092s (hardest). Hope that helps.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:47 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wogboy View Post
Great info helicraze, I'm sure it will help a lot of people. Thanks for taking the time to compile.

Synx666, I did much research before deciding on the Logo 400 for a 500 class heli. In the end, the difference in price is minimal when you add up all the upgrades people use to make them (Aligns for example) look and perform better. Crash prices are not much different either, and in some cases (eg frames) the Logo is considerably cheaper. Also, more aftermarket parts are becoming available now, and Mikado is dropping its prices on these parts, so it's win win for Mikado lovers!
Well everything needed is on its way! Logo 6003d with the vbar head should be here next week. And for the parts price, I compare it to a henseleit ( which I sold ) then mikado is way cheaper
Synx666 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2009, 12:44 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicraze View Post
Thanks everyone, i truely hope it will help people, after a few posts of broken swash and tails i realised that many people were not aware of certain things.

I am simply forwarding information on, some was what i found out myself, other things were pointed out by Shawn and Fredrik among other peeps as well in various threads.
in this post you mentioned broken swashplates, the anti-rotation pin on my plastic/metal one that came with my logo 10 broke the first time I tried to remove he linkage! so Ijust got the metal one and no problems since!
Old 06-13-2009, 03:59 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im still not sure what the link length of the head should be on the logo 600 with vbar? 60 or 65mm? And the links from the servos 15mm? (manual is a little confusing)
Synx666 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2009, 04:33 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

' I just had my first crash with my logo and although it wasnt the hardest crash ive seen I went in nose first from about 30 feet in the air while piroing outa control streight on to the concrete cause I lost the tail......I had hit less hard with my 450 and paid more for repairs on that then im paying for this crash.....I can think of no other bird out there I want....cept maybe an Aurora...all told my crash was less then 200
'

In case of emergency HIT the AUTO switch. I just saved my Swift from an overactive cheapo gyro that way. Then you don't need a tail rotor.
Old 06-13-2009, 05:54 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synx666 View Post
Im still not sure what the link length of the head should be on the logo 600 with vbar? 60 or 65mm? And the links from the servos 15mm? (manual is a little confusing)
The 65MM is the total lenght of the link for when you re-order. The distance between link ends is in the manual. Refer to that, and adjust from there.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:13 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I couldnt auto I was in a left bank and being only 30 feet up by the time the tail stoped spining to right my heli it was to late

Last edited by Havoc07; 06-15-2009 at 12:48 PM..
Havoc07 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2009, 01:50 PM   #32 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Great info, guys! I'm waiting for a used Logo 500 complete with V-Bar to arrive, so I won't get the build experience...unless tear it down completely and rebuild it.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2009, 09:45 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBum View Post
Great info, guys! I'm waiting for a used Logo 500 complete with V-Bar to arrive, so I won't get the build experience...unless tear it down completely and rebuild it.
Oh man, are you the guy who traded to get that VBAR 500 with the Neu/Jive combo? I was very close to buying that one. Either way, hope you enjoy the new machine. I'm pretty sure I have one in my future too.

Daniel
dswitkin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2009, 09:53 PM   #34 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswitkin View Post
Oh man, are you the guy who traded to get that VBAR 500 with the Neu/Jive combo? I was very close to buying that one. Either way, hope you enjoy the new machine. I'm pretty sure I have one in my future too.
If you're referring to the one flymustangs had for sale, yep, that was me.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 07-09-2009, 07:57 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Bum.

I bought a used flybar 5003D that was supposed to be lightly used. I have been dragging my heels about installing the electronics and getting it going for some reason..mostly doing a lot of flying and not taking the time to finish it.

I made a knee jerk decision to disassemble the entire thing to be certain that everything was up to snuff, even though it looked like new other than a few scratches on the skid pipes.

I kind of regret my decision to take the damn thing apart as everything looks to be in tip top shape. I stripped a couple of the slotted screws that hold the flybar cage together......which gave me the urge to get a V Bar instead of replacing a couple of machine screws...but Ive been good and not done it yet.

I really want to try it w/ the flybar since Ive never flown a FBL heli. That way, if Im impressed with it as is, I should love it when I do convert it. That is the plan today anyway.

If we could get a couple of rainy days around here I would be able to finish setting the thing up. It is getting dry but that makes it too tempting to go flying every day

All in all, Im glad I broke it down so I dont have to worry about whether every has loc tite where it needs to be and Im more familiar with the heli. The manual doesnt name too many of the parts and it was a little confusing to me when I looked at the parts selection at Readyheli what some of the parts were or where they went.

Good luck with your FBL 500. I hope we both love them.

Jimmy
TT E-620 SE x 2: Scorpion 4025-740 200srx, nano qx JR Parkmites x 2
Jamesppp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2009, 12:15 PM   #36 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

I may just watch Finless's Logo 500 3D build videos to get an idea of its construction instead of stripping it down. The videos are all downloaded, converted to MP4, and loaded on my iPhone.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 07-14-2009, 01:02 PM   #37 (permalink)

Default flybarless

Setting up a flybarless heli is a piece of cake...I find it simpler by far than a traditional flybarred setup...
Jag72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2009, 05:04 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Regarding the jesus bolt, on the VBAR head before tightening the 2 clamp bolts on the hub, "preload" the jesus bolt against the main shaft, so hold the gear and push head anticlockwise so the bolt will centre in the main shaft hole, this way if you remove the head you will get same pitch etc and not offset.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:35 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

helicraze nice little tip
jimheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2009, 05:18 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

hello guys,

could you tell me what size is are the main shaft bearing please ?
neohp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in