Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba 14MZ - 12Z

Futaba 14MZ - 12Z Futaba 14MZ and 12Z Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2007, 12:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location
Default Pretty have my motorcycle sold.. 14MZ??

The guy at work who's been threatening to buy my motorcycle told me he's got the money and will do the deal this week.. So, I'm looking to peddle my 9CHP and get a new radio. I do have a DX7, but don't care for the feel of it and with two runaways on my SEV2 with it, I just don't trust it. I CAN tell there's a quicker response to my inputs with it oe my 9C so that's a plus.

I've got 5 helis (and eventually some planks) I need to "drive" with the new Tx and I'd really like to go 2.4Ghz. I want to buy a radio that'll last me for several years so was leaning towards the 14MZ and the FASST modules.. Anyone have any experience with 2.4GHz on this Tx?

Should I just grab the 12FG 2.4GHz rig?? I haven't even seen one of these "in the wild" yet....

No helicopters were harmed in the creation of this post.
AMA CD # 7309, Turbine Waiver# RW 890
Click Here For Bergen Intrepid Turbine Build Videos
Skiddz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2007, 02:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Easy there, tiger. Let those greenbacks burn a hole in your pocket a little while longer, as there's no definitive answer about how the 2.4 stuff for Futaba is gonna shake out, since only the lowest end of it is on the market yet, and the TM-14 has yet to be seen in even a final form factor.

Unless you're bound and determined to stay Futaba, don't get a 14MZ just yet. Just wait, and let those of us who plunged ahead first say if they got it right or not. If they don't, I think JR might have a winner in the X9303, and perhaps one in the upcoming 12X.

That ain't to say the 14MZ, and the 12Z and 12FG aren't just wonderful. I love my 14MZ to death, and just can't be convinced to switch now, 2.4 or not. But if I wasn't married to this lady, those other radios would look rather tempting.

-Planks are like feel-good buddy movies, and helis are like horror movies. You just gotta like being scared.
Trooper Sam is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2007, 05:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Still doin' research Sam.. Just lookin' for feedback. I'm not married to Futaba or JR, just lookin' for opinions. I'm actually headed to the LHS in a few mins to check out the 9303 to see how it feels.

I really like the 9C and how it feels in my paws, but I can tell the difference between it and the DX7 in terms of "feel" between me and the heli.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Be sure and take a look at the JR 9303. A lot better value, easier programming, more ergonomic case, 2.4GHz. Just my humble opinion. I won't even start trying to talk you out of selling the bike...

Added in edit: Gotta start reading to the bottom before hitting the reply button. Yeah, what Sam said.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Ok, I've held the 9303 in my paws.. Feels like a nice radio. Unfortunately, I didn't have much time to poke around in the menus to check out the programming. Looks pretty straightforward tho..

As for the motorcycle, I just don't ride it anymore and I'm tired of paying for the insurance while it collects dust. I still have the 4 wheeler for when I want to go out and get crazy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in