Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Micro/Mini Helicopters > Zoom/Shogun 400

Zoom/Shogun 400 Electric - Zoom - Shogun 400 Specific Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2004, 09:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Overall Wiring Diagram

Rob and others, help needed.

Sometime in the past week I think I saw a post around here that was a block diagram of the electronics and radio setup for the Shogun 400.

I am making progress in getting mine together but it's pretty slow. There seems to be so much that has changed since I have been gone. If some of you could link me to that block diagram, or send me your setup I would appreaciate that very much.

Then... there is the radio. I have the JR6102 and haven't been able to make head or tails on the setup or programming of it. I need some help there.

I have the servos mounted and hooked up. I made the extended battery mount as per Rob's post, have the two TP1320's charged, have soldered the plugs onto the ESC to connedt the motor, and have the GY240 servo mounted. My Receiver is the Berg 5 SDP11 and I am unsure as to how to plug all of this together. I know it's old hat to those that have evolved to this point over a few years, but I'm like James Taylor's... 'Frozen Man', and I'm 'Comin' Around Again'.

Help!

Tommy
tconnell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2004, 01:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

tconnell,
are you new to the radio or do you know how to use/set up your 6102? I've got the same radio w/ my Shogun and really like it. I'm gonna assume you know how to set up the radio to set it to "helicopter", ppm etc. Once that is done you can, with the power on, push your left hand buttons on the bottom of the radio at the same time and you will enter into the set up screens. Keep pushing up or down w/ the left button and that will show you the channel # and travel screen for each stick. Then just hook up to the corresponding channel on the rx.
Hope this helps. If you have more questions feel free to let me know.
j
StrangeRanger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2004, 01:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Try this:
Channel on your receiver is to the left:

6-Collective
5-GY401 yellow lead (single wire)
4-Rudder
3-Elevator
2-Aileron
1-Throttle/ESC
Hotshot Charlie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2004, 01:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

J,

Thanks for the reply. Well, no I don't know beans about the radio at all. I have scrolled through some of the directories but have no idea as to what I need to set it to other than helicopter.

I have the Berg receiver, but I did go ahead when I got the radio and got the whole package on the radio, receiver, batt and servos. I know that I probably would put that part back in one of the fixed wing aircraft that I have out in the shop. I haven't gotten to the Berg receiver yet although I do have it in the heli. I have a crystan in it for chanel 41 and have tried to get a servo to work through that receiver with no luck. Wonder if I have to program something for that receiver.

I did just put the battery into the 400 and hook all the servos up to the receiver that came with the 6102 and spooled up the head without the blades on. The tail rotor was a little buzzy so I did the sheet of paper trick on the gears and the motor gear and the fit between the motor gear and tail gear were pretty tight. I loosened the 4 screws and moved the tail housing back a cuple of thousands and retightened things and that smoothed that out. Seems to be a bit of vibration in the head though and I can see there is a tad of missallignment in the paddles. But man this thing should go like stink. Can't believe the power from the HiMax motor.

When I can get back to this Saturday I will get the head smoother and continue to work things out. I probably will make a trip out to the flying field Sunday afternoon to see if I can get some hand's on help from the guys there. Got to make some friends out there again.

So that's where I am now. I got to put this down now and get ready for the first part of my 50th high school reunion tonight. So that statement should also nail down about where I'm coming from too. It's been a long time since I've had a transmitter in my hand and the .60 sized heli that's out in my shop had rotor speeds much less than what I just saw here. If you guys can help me get it all together it's going to be exciting.

Thanks,

Tommyh
Old 09-24-2004, 03:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tommy,
The 6102 is actually a pretty cool radio for the price. First thing first, do you have the pcm or fm version? It's sounding like you might have the pcm version if the berg is not responding. I don't have my radio w/ me, so I can't give you button names. But down by your display you have 4 buttons, 2 on left, 2 on right. First thing to do is w/ the power OFF, hold down teh 2 left buttons and power on. Now you can choose your model type (plane vs heli), model name, pcm or FM, swash type etc etc. You use the left rocker button (big one) to scroll thru the menu items, use the little left button (select?) to highlight the item you want to change, use the right hand big button (+ & -) to change/increase/decrease the value of that item and use the small right button to "clear".
You will want to set up as helicopter, FM (cuz I believe you berg is FM not pcm) and normal swash - 1 servo. Now, you can either press both left buttons at the same time or power off and back on to get into "normal" mode. Once in normal mode w/ the power on, again press both left buttons at the same time to get into another set of menu options. And the buttons work the same way, left side chooses menu item and right side adjusts values. Let me know if you need more help. And I gotta ask, have you read the manual?
j
StrangeRanger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2004, 03:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

J,

Yeah I gotta laugh at that one also. Yes I have been into the manual each night and last night my wife rolled over and said "That's distracting!" I said, "What's distaracting?" She said, "All those clicks and beeps" Now I could hear the faint (to me) clicks when you press those two buttons next to the LCD... but it wasn't until I was in the quiet of the shop this morning that I heard the faint beeps when you press the buttons. I need a hearing aid now??

I think my main problem is there is just so much info to try and catch up on it's overwhelming. The 6102 I have says it is the PCM version what ever that is/does.

J, is it John, Josh, Jim?? I might just call you one night on my cel as that's free. If that would be ok with you. It sure would be good to have someone to walk me through this. It would be early next week one evening if that suited you. You can email me direct at: tgconnell@connellstudios.com with a number if you'r inclined to.

I am going to digest your two emalis tonight and see if I can take some action on this Saturday morning.

Be Good

Tommy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in