Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Micro/Mini Helicopters > Zoom/Shogun 400

Zoom/Shogun 400 Electric - Zoom - Shogun 400 Specific Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2005, 08:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Any difference between Shogun and Zoom base kits?

First topic post in this forum. Great group you have here and I can really appreciate this flush Shogun/Zoom information base.

Is there any difference between a Shogun 400 and a Zoom base kit?

...any difference in quality between OEM parts for one or the other?
futura is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2005, 09:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't think there is any difference except the name and canopy stickers. This heli is sold in a lot of the world as a Zoom and in the us it's a Shogun. In other parts of the world it's has another name, but I forget what it is.

Bob

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Churchill
capebob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2005, 09:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

I have had a Graupner Micro Star and a Zoom 400 next to eachother, no difference, except for decals and tail boom/t.b. support/skids in another colour. It's also known as the Zap. Have a look at the numerous sites that sell these heli's and you'll find that all spare parts will fit all Shoguns/Zooms/Zaps and Micro Stars....

If you're looking for a new one to buy, make sure it has the new tail gears like on the following link: http://www.helihobby.com/html/ZOOM5.html (T0500-030 Tail Rotor Drive Shaft)
RCMADHELI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2005, 09:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys,

I've been flying a hornet II for a few months and bought a shogun a month ago. parts replacement is my only concern.

If there are three or four manufacturers that make the same part, is there one manufaturer that makes a better bit?

BTW - got the beveled gears stock out of the box.....

...in fact, I couldn't resist the base shogun on sale recently for $99 and got a second one for standby from hobbypeople through my LHS.

thanks for your quick replys
Old 06-09-2005, 10:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

Must say that some Brands deliver a better manual than others..... the best one I've seen is from Graupner and can be found here: http://www.shop.graupner.de/webapp/c...&show_cat=5408

Just download both PDF's, scroll down below (in the PDS's) for the English part of the manuals.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:14 AM   #6 (permalink)

....nice improvements in documentation, yes indeed. Thanks for that pointer. I had learned about the zoom/zap/shogun relationship but until now had never added Graupner to the mix.

Biggest reason I went to the shogun was availability and price of parts.....the added benifit was a solid flying micro electric heli.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:19 AM   #7 (permalink)

sorry, link doesn't work properly... here are the attachments...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 4441.s.pdf (655.8 KB, 397 views)
File Type: pdf 4441.b.pdf (4.33 MB, 307 views)
Old 06-10-2005, 08:13 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks again for your input everyone. I hope I can add something to the forum going forward.....
Old 06-10-2005, 08:23 AM   #9 (permalink)

I needed a new main shaft, couldn't get it anywhere, in the end I found one from Graupner, the package includes the two alu Shaft Collars as well for a reasonable price. Too bad they didn't have the HP (hardened) one, but this may allow me to fly this weekend as long as the good weather is holding up.

Have a great weekend everyone! (It's 03:25PM over here..)
Old 07-05-2005, 05:26 AM   #10 (permalink)

Is this wat you guys are talking about?[/url]http://www.jappausa.comhttp://I saw their helicopter on hel....... :twisted:
expensivehobby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in