Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems > AP and Scale

AP and Scale Discussions for Scale, Multi-blade and AP applications using CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix, Digimix-3.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2007, 08:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default multi blade rotor heads 3, 4 and 5 blade

i dont know how but i got linked to deetee enterprise and the page was a 5 blade rotor head for the 450... i was like WHAT!!! and then found they have 4 and 3 blade versions to. but they are pricey... all of them are over 350.00 plus the 200.00 mixing board. so if your serious about getting a scaled out 450 and willing to spend the cash. this is the way to go. put some white blades on there and go scale flying. they also have a nice collection of scale bodies too.

here is the 5 blade with links at the top for the others, the bodies, mixing board and videos
http://www.deeteeenterprises.com/NS....ndex.Scale.php
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2007, 11:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks great. I guess putting the scale look aside... You'ed get more lift maybe? How about any other performance advantages of 3 or more blades? I've seen some decent 3d stuff on video. But uncertain as to weather or not there's any real performance to be gained?
Old 09-16-2007, 12:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just put the three blade head from flying-hobby.com on my #2 TRex in preparation for making it a scaler. This head is quite a bit less expensive ($100 complete) than the Deetee version, though theirs is nice in that it uses some Align parts.

You can fly a multi-blade head without a mixer or gyros, you just have to be aware that the flight characteristics are different. There really is no performance gain to be had. If 3D is what you're after, stick with a flybar head...

"we are the people our parents warned us about" - J. Buffett
Rodan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2007, 06:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Neat stuff, but man I can't see spending that much on a 450 size "scale" unless you have really small fingers. I just got done with my Agusta A-109 project and while it looks cool flying around, it's not much of a scale Heli unless you are willing to spend many many hours sanding off the oversized rivets, and panel lines, making covers for the tail gear box, retracts, cockpit, etc, etc, etc. I think I'd rather do that with a .50 or larger electric conversion.

You'd never notice the extra blades when it's in the air so if you want a good flying display model, I suppose it might be worth it.
tz250w is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2007, 07:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tz250w View Post
You'd never notice the extra blades when it's in the air so if you want a good flying display model, I suppose it might be worth it.
I don't think this is about noticing the extra blade while in air.
It has more to doing away with the flybar. When you fly more than two blades - from what little i know, you can do away with flybars - that makes scale models more scale like.

k
octotus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2007, 07:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
There really is no performance gain to be had. If 3D is what you're after, stick with a flybar head...
i saw a flybarless head for the t-rex on runryder. just 2 blades... kinda like the mikado V-Bar. and this thing was NUTS, it did every trick in the book with ease, and in the video it seemed to roll and loop faster without the flybar.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I was speaking more in terms of the 3, 4 and 5 blade heads. The extra mass will slow things down. 2 blades w/o flybar should have less inertia than a std flybar head, thus the performance, however it will be less stable.

"we are the people our parents warned us about" - J. Buffett
Rodan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2007, 10:25 AM   #8 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I was speaking from a visual aspect. It's still going to look like a spinning disc no matter how many blades it has, to the naked eye that is.
tz250w is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2007, 05:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi there

Naked eyes under sun will not see the different between 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 bladed flybarless head. But naked eyes can see the different between flybarred and flybarless.

Under the street lamp or over camera, you can really see the different between 2 or 3 or 4 bladed head.

SH
Super-Hornet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in