Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X BL

mCP X BL Blade Micro mCP X Brushless

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 03:01 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I hope they don't make one with a TT... imagine how small the C/D gears would be

I think it's ok like it is too but I might just jump straight to +80 and give it a try.

It's no precision machine but lots of fun... and that's all I want from it really.
xpantz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default The Fix and Review on the MCPX BL

Well, I tried the fix. It does help quite a bit but it does not eliminate all the wag.

I have a DX6i. I reset the Gyro to on, and it is at 40% and I still have wag. So I wanted to see the difference so I set up the 1 Position in the Gyro to 25%. This seemed to work better. Rudder is at 80% as well.

I did rebind the radio. This seems to work pretty well. I still get a bit of wag if I really get on it. I don't do 3d but I do jam the sticks a bit.

Wow, this sucker really has some power. I flew my Nano CPX and my Walkera V120 and these don't compare to it. The V120 is close in power and much smoother than the MCPX BL. I guess I could say the MCPX BL is a real Beast!

WT
Old 02-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbe View Post
Re: wag

Try -30. -50. -80. -100? . Report!

Seems no one is trying lower gains and reporting result!

David.
I have a JR9503 and yesterday maidened my new McpX BL. It wagged furiously, and I don't care what type of flying you do, it is not right. Even my wife who knows little of this commented on what was wrong with it. I called HH and a very nice tech person walked me through and learning how to get to the Gyro on my TX. Initially he put me on the "act" mode and he said that was 50% on the gain if I understood him correctly. it helped a lot, but after we hung up I switched to the Gov mode and before my lone battery gave out, I had the gain at 30% working my way up. It seemed to be much much better. Does this mean it will perform poorly when doing 3D? I sure didn't see it wagging on the HH videos .Not sure if any of these settings are negative? I also maidened a 450X and it also wagged!! This one was my fault and where I learned about the Gov mode and the 54 setting per the book. I think I remember him saying if I went negative on the gain, the gyro would turn off on the 450X? yes very confused, but learning
renefigueroa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is no gov mode on any of these blade heli's. Sorry, not really sure what you are trying to say? Maybe give HH tech a call and let them explain this to you again, incl the 450x settings.

Cheers,
TomC
Now also a FPV addict; Quads and Planes (soon to try heli's!)
TomC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 450 does, but in the little heli, I think all it is doing is turning the gain up or down. It seems to work as I turn the gain down, the wag gets better
Old 02-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
There is no gov mode on any of these blade heli's. Sorry, not really sure what you are trying to say? Maybe give HH tech a call and let them explain this to you again, incl the 450x settings.

Cheers,
TomC
I believe what he's trying to say is on a JR transmitter you use a governor mode too dial in your gain, same with me I have a JR transmitter and I go through governor mode to set up my gains.( either through gear endpoints or governor mode.) It's a jr thing. that's why I still don't know whether I'm doing it right.on this helicopter.. my tail doesn't seem any different no matter what I do.
bradharvy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks, just what I meant
Old 02-07-2013, 02:08 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

just bought a jr 11x and cant figure out how to get the gain working :S read some one say its the gryo channel and hen others the governor channel but how the heck do you get it to work haha sorry if its easy to work out havnt had the radio long :\

cheers liam
Old 02-09-2013, 07:16 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam-b View Post
just bought a jr 11x and cant figure out how to get the gain working :S read some one say its the gryo channel and hen others the governor channel but how the heck do you get it to work haha sorry if its easy to work out havnt had the radio long :\

cheers liam
Yes I was confused also. I have a JR9503 but this should work. Start TX while holding the ENT button, as if you are going to select a model heli, scroll over to DEVICE SELECT. Go to the bottom of screen under gear and gear sw. There should be an OUT: choice. It should be in the INH position. If you will hit enter , it will switch over to ACT. Hit enter again and it will show GOV . This is how we activate the gov mode on the TX. Now restart TX normally and hit enter on the LIST button, and you will see a governor menu. In the case of the McpX BL it allows you to adjust the gain in the normal, ST1 abd ST2 modes
Old 02-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf-Tau View Post
Well, I tried the fix. It does help quite a bit but it does not eliminate all the wag.

I have a DX6i. I reset the Gyro to on, and it is at 40% and I still have wag. So I wanted to see the difference so I set up the 1 Position in the Gyro to 25%. This seemed to work better. Rudder is at 80% as well.

I did rebind the radio. This seems to work pretty well. I still get a bit of wag if I really get on it. I don't do 3d but I do jam the sticks a bit.

Wow, this sucker really has some power. I flew my Nano CPX and my Walkera V120 and these don't compare to it. The V120 is close in power and much smoother than the MCPX BL. I guess I could say the MCPX BL is a real Beast!

WT
Wolf, try 0% on your DX6i. That is the lowest setting for gyro gain and it works well for me indoors. Have not tried it yet for stunt flying outdoors.
Ric66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gyro gain adjustment option in Tx

Just bought one today. I flew the first batteries thrue it without messing with the gain but was not impressed at all with the tail performance. The least touch of collective makes the tail swing about 90 degrees. After months of flying real heli's, without a single crash, i crashed the mcpx bl on my second battery due to the tail being all over the place and making me lose my orientation. It crashed right into a small patch of concrete in between all the grass i was flying over. Result: cracked tailboom...
I've replaced it with a solid cf rod i had laying around from back in the days i was tinkering with mcpx's. I decided to make it allmost 1 inch longer too.

After this i activated the gyro function in my dx7s, set the channel to gear and the switch to gyro. This way i have 3 positions. Set 0 to -50, 1 to 0 and 2 to 50.
I spooled her up in the living room and did some pitch pumps, no difference. Still a very sloppy tail at all 3 positions. Went straight to 100 on the gyro and that seemed to help a bit. I hope the tail performs better next time i fly the mcpx bl outside, or this REALLY is the last blade product i ever bought.
I don't mind the wag in a hover but i want a tail that holds like it's supposed to.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk HD
Old 02-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by renefigueroa View Post
Yes I was confused also. I have a JR9503 but this should work. Start TX while holding the ENT button, as if you are going to select a model heli, scroll over to DEVICE SELECT. Go to the bottom of screen under gear and gear sw. There should be an OUT: choice. It should be in the INH position. If you will hit enter , it will switch over to ACT. Hit enter again and it will show GOV . This is how we activate the gov mode on the TX. Now restart TX normally and hit enter on the LIST button, and you will see a governor menu. In the case of the McpX BL it allows you to adjust the gain in the normal, ST1 abd ST2 modes

Thank you for the explanation mate worked a treat tail is loads better know =D. Just need to get the main shaft swapped as its warped

Thanks liam
Old 02-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

I believe you have to rebind once set up though, no? Please correct me..
I was trying to use gear switch but no different feeling in tail. How or what numbers/ values did you guys use in the gov.mode? Thanks, brad.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:49 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

So i've been messing around with the gyro gain but nothing i do seems to make the tail better or worse. I have it set to the gyro switch on my dx7s, wich has 3 positions. I have -100, 0 and 100. None of the 3 makes the tail hold better or wag less. Am i doing this wrong or is this thing just a joke? Talk about buyers remorse.
I re-binded with the gyro menu activated, channel set to gear...

Old 02-10-2013, 08:23 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by -kenny- View Post
So i've been messing around with the gyro gain but nothing i do seems to make the tail better or worse. I have it set to the gyro switch on my dx7s, wich has 3 positions. I have -100, 0 and 100. None of the 3 makes the tail hold better or wag less. Am i doing this wrong or is this thing just a joke? Talk about buyers remorse.
I re-binded with the gyro menu activated, channel set to gear...

Man I would have a hard time believing a tail rotor could do what it did, except it came from Isaac. If you go back to the beginning of this thread, Isaac suggests using the KBDD tail rotor for the McpX. I did and wag is mostly gone, I am back to INH on the gain. Cheers
Old 02-10-2013, 09:04 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think it does fine the way it is. I just thought that you could adjust. ?
No way kbdd is getting any more of my money. I never thought kbdd was that great for my needs. Not saying NOT to go buy em. Just not needed imo. Heli flies good. Little wag but not in flight, for me anyway. I just don't know why there is some adjustment that does not seem to work. I might call hh tomorrow when I'm home looking at a cold, windy day lol.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was able to adjust using the ACT mode or the GOV mode on the TX. The point is that the little rotor took all the wag away, and i had an ugly ugly wag. Even my wife who knows little about Helis wanted to know what was wrong with it. I am not sure about rebinding as the HH rep didn't have me do it
Old 02-10-2013, 09:56 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm totally fed up with thinkering with these crappy blade micro's. I have it about 24 hours now and the canopy is allready in pieces of crashing due to tailblowouts. Makes not even want to fly my heli's anymore.
Why can't they just sell something that works. I'm not wasting more money on this by buying upgrades.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a DX7 and read somewhere on HF:

" You want to set Gear-Gear not Gear-Gyro. Then you set the gyro gain with the endpoints of the gear channel instead of the gyro sens menu tied to FMode switch.HH to the right of center and Rate to the left."

Does this work for the mCPX BL?

In the menu unther the gear value i see + 100% and - 100%.

How do i adjust the gain?

Gear position 0 a value example 60% for a little more gain?
Gear position 1 a value example 40%for a little less gain?

Please help because my tail wags and kicks a little by full pitch pump.

Grtz.
Olaf
Old 02-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Welcome to the club there's only heading hold. No rate mode.
I'm also interested to know if i'm doing it right. Because my tail crap, no mather what setting. Why do they make it so hard??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in