Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X BL

mCP X BL Blade Micro mCP X Brushless

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2016, 08:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default NON 3D setups?

OK, so not everyone is capable of flying 3D or even wants to fly 3D or for that matter. I'm one of them. I already have 3 brushed MCPX's and just stumbled onto a decent deal on a MCPX BL with only 2 flights on it (looks NEW) so I grabbed it. The BL is WAY more powerful than the brushed bird. I expected that but not the huge difference I see. Not complaining at all. Just need to tone it down a bit. I've been making a lot of changes to throttle/pitch curves/rates/expo in my DX-6 but I think it still needs a little more finessing. The stock swashplate is a loose, sloppy piece of crap and I already have a Lynx replacement on the way. Based on what I've read the stock swash could come apart in flight so it's grounded until the Lynx swash gets here.

Just wondering what other NON 3D pilots like me are using for settings in their DX series TX's. Post 'em up.

Joe
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2016, 12:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My mcpx bl setup for sport flying is pitch curve 30-40-50-75-100 all 3 modes, pitch travel 80 high and low,throtle curve normal 0-40-60-80-100 stunt1 75-75-75-75-75 stunt2 85-85-85-85-85 turns this little beast into a great sport flyer!
Helithunder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2016, 12:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojoe View Post
OK, so not everyone is capable of flying 3D or even wants to fly 3D or for that matter. I'm one of them. I already have 3 brushed MCPX's and just stumbled onto a decent deal on a MCPX BL with only 2 flights on it (looks NEW) so I grabbed it. The BL is WAY more powerful than the brushed bird. I expected that but not the huge difference I see. Not complaining at all. Just need to tone it down a bit. I've been making a lot of changes to throttle/pitch curves/rates/expo in my DX-6 but I think it still needs a little more finessing. The stock swashplate is a loose, sloppy piece of crap and I already have a Lynx replacement on the way. Based on what I've read the stock swash could come apart in flight so it's grounded until the Lynx swash gets here.

Just wondering what other NON 3D pilots like me are using for settings in their DX series TX's. Post 'em up.

Joe
What kind of flying do you do Joe? I ask because up until a couple months ago I was singing the same tune . My main thing was FFF but man now that I'm doing some light 3D I'm loving it . It makes the cp so much more interesting . You should really try it out if don't have one yet get a sim it's worth every penny .
3D Ambitions is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2016, 06:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Ambitions View Post
What kind of flying do you do Joe? I ask because up until a couple months ago I was singing the same tune . My main thing was FFF but man now that I'm doing some light 3D I'm loving it . It makes the cp so much more interesting . You should really try it out if don't have one yet get a sim it's worth every penny .
Because my left thumb was fused at the metacarpophalangeal joint about 20 years ago I'm severely limited in what I can maintain for collective/rudder accuracy. Hold your left thumb completely rigid and try to fly. That's what it's like for me. I can fly the crap out of any heli on Real Flight and Phoenix as long as it's at altitude when trying aerobatics. I've tried and tried and tried to do tic tocs and funnels on the sims with no success. That's the ONLY 3D that I'd really like to be able to do. Just can't make it happen. To me the slamming all over the field 3D faster than the eye can see is just ridiculous. Crazy skills required but it doesn't excite me in the least.

Sorry for the long explanation but that blasted thumb is a major roadblock for me. I have my brushed MCPX's dumbed down to my level and I also have the 180CFX almost perfect running 2S. I'm getting close with the MCPX BL but it still needs some more tweaking to get it like the brushed version. I got a good deal on the BL or I would have passed it up and just bought more Lynx goodies for the brushed MCPX's.

Joe
Old 05-18-2016, 06:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I usually run a flat 50% or maybe 55% TC. I have no need to run any faster.

I have to turn the music down while driving so I can see better.
MariaFan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2016, 08:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Lynx swash plate just got here. 8 second dead steady hands off hover under the ceiling fan and that's right after swash install with zero adjustments! Now I have to start all over again for the "soft" settings but it'll all be positive from here. Just like on the 180CFX I've added expo because it's so much more precise over the stock swash! I absolutely LOVE Lynx parts!

OK MariaFan, I know you're sick of this question but WHO is that in your avatar? Don't even try to slide the wife/girlfriend response by me.....

Joe
Old 05-18-2016, 08:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pitch ATV in the transmitter is pretty good when set at 70% to 80% high and low. I run linear pitch curves on all three flight modes and straight throttle curves of 75 on normal, 85 on IU1 and 95 on IU2. These could definitely be lowered to tame the BL head speed a little. The BL has a pretty decent soft start coming out of TH. You can tame aileron and elevator with transmitter ATV settings also, 80% to 100% is pretty good area. The tail needs to be set up high in the transmitter ATV setting, I like it at 130%, stock tail is very slow on piros with ATV at 100%.

Great decision to upgrade the swash, stock swash is terrible. My only other upgrades are RKH solid CF main shaft, stock main shafts are known to not be straight and an extended boom (150 mm) with Asteroid Designs boom supports for stock frame.
pctomlin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2016, 09:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pctomlin View Post
Pitch ATV in the transmitter is pretty good when set at 70% to 80% high and low. I run linear pitch curves on all three flight modes and straight throttle curves of 75 on normal, 85 on IU1 and 95 on IU2. These could definitely be lowered to tame the BL head speed a little. The BL has a pretty decent soft start coming out of TH. You can tame aileron and elevator with transmitter ATV settings also, 80% to 100% is pretty good area. The tail needs to be set up high in the transmitter ATV setting, I like it at 130%, stock tail is very slow on piros with ATV at 100%.

Great decision to upgrade the swash, stock swash is terrible. My only other upgrades are RKH solid CF main shaft, stock main shafts are known to not be straight and an extended boom (150 mm) with Asteroid Designs boom supports for stock frame.
I'm going to experiment with some linear pitch curver straight th curves when I get my mcpx bl. Thanks for the tips.
3D Ambitions is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2016, 04:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
OK MariaFan, I know you're sick of this question but WHO is that in your avatar? Don't even try to slide the wife/girlfriend response by me.....

Joe
The lovely and talented Maria Sharapova.
The 6'-4" Russian tennis player. ♥ ♥ ♥

Wanna see the 2nd YouTube video I made in her honor?
Don't worry, it's PG rated.

Old 05-19-2016, 06:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Aha! Maria S! Her and Anna K. are just two of the many heart stoppers the Russkies have shared with us. Man they produce some hotties! Makes me want to wiggle my way into 6 or 8 parkas and go visit the frozen red country. Never really cared for Vodka but what the hell, maybe I can acquire a taste for it. Coming with me comrade?

Joe
Old 05-19-2016, 06:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Almost forgot. Hell yeah I want to see that video! Only PG though?

Joe
Old 05-19-2016, 07:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Almost forgot. Hell yeah I want to see that video! Only PG though?

Joe
Ask and you shall receive.

2nd video
(see the guy @ 0:35? That would be me in my Dream Job)

Maria Sharapova - ♫ She's So High ♫ (3 min 45 sec)

1st video

Maria Sharapova - ♥ My Maria I Love You ♥ (2 min 59 sec)

Enjoy!!

Old 05-19-2016, 07:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

One of my favorite Maria videos from Mafee02.

Enjoy!!!

lovely maria sharapova (4 min 18 sec)

Old 05-19-2016, 07:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Aha! Maria S! Her and Anna K. are just two of the many heart stoppers the Russkies have shared with us. Man they produce some hotties! Makes me want to wiggle my way into 6 or 8 parkas and go visit the frozen red country. Never really cared for Vodka but what the hell, maybe I can acquire a taste for it. Coming with me comrade?

Joe
Oh, hell yeah. I could learn to like cold vodka.

What the heck.... My very first YouTube video.
The lovely, feisty Danica Patrick. ♥
(oh, by the way, Danica and Dan Weldon became very good friends before he was killed)

Danica Patrick Sink Into Me (3 min 12 sec)

Beats the hell out of talking about heli set-ups, eh?

Old 05-19-2016, 07:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm on a roll.....

Into pretty eyes?
Female eyes?
Female eyes wearing racing helmets?
You're in luck.

The Lovely Eyes Of My Racer Girls (2 min 19 sec)

Old 05-19-2016, 09:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good stuff man! Gotta love those looooooong legs!

Joe
Old 05-21-2016, 06:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

A buddy sent me this one of Maria a long time ago. I'm 6'3" and normally prefer tiny little spinners but WOW!

OK, lets get back to helicopters........

Joe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Maria-Sharapova.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	653221  
Old 05-21-2016, 07:21 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

What are these helicopters you speak of?

Old 05-22-2016, 10:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up

Look at those eyeeeeees!!!

Giddygal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2016, 04:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giddygal View Post

Look at those eyeeeeees!!!

And he only has eyes for you.
(and your heli's....)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in