Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 09:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Easter festival in Mexquitic de Carmona

Yesterday there was a local Easter festival organized by a municipal government of a small town, Mexquitic de Carmona 20km from our city. The township has invited our club to participate, prepared makeshift runways, cordoned off flying area in the bed of a dried-out artificial lake, and brought over soda and food for the hard working pilots . Even Mrs P has showed up for a few hours during the recess in her weekend yoga classes

Testing the GPH2 camera that was giving me false "no SD card" message, Mrs P at my table:

20130330_001HC (0 min 15 sec)

The runways were a bit rough, and the wind choppy reaching 30kph causing some early landing casualties between the plankers, so there weren't many volunteers to fly, especially with more expensive planks.
Second hexa flight, video a bit choppy but gives a good look of the event:

F550_FPV_20130330_002 (7 min 17 sec)

One of my B300X flights, got applauded for decently managing relatively strong gusts :

B300X_Hatcam_20130330_005 (4 min 51 sec)

Finally, after a few months I finally maidened the Blade 450X, completely stock. Wow!!! Easily 2-3 times the power compared to B300X:

B450X_Maiden_Hatcam_20130330_006 (5 min 0 sec)

And even my 6HV rose up to the task and behaved. The were a couple of shudders related to blades being to tight and SK720 gyro not strapped tightly, but other than that it flew perfectly . The tail is finally locked the way it should be, I'll explain the details in 6HV thread, here is the test flight video:

6HV_Hatcam_20130330_007 (6 min 12 sec)

We were already packing up in the late afternoon when a few club members and organizers have asked me to see the hexa fpv flight, so I went up again. As an extra benefit, the wind has almost died down for the most of the flight except for landing during the demonstration of RTH function, when it gout rough again. This encouraged me to go further out and higher up, I'm estimating ~400m out and ~100m up. Beautiful scenery, you can perfectly see the dam that's there to hold non-existing water:

F550_FPV_20130330_003 (8 min 51 sec)
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2013, 12:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am almost lost for words.

What a great day you must have had. There are so many things to say, I am not even going to try. I'll have to use some dancing bacon.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2013, 04:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sweet Jerry! What a great event! Must have been a wonderful time you had, indeed! Even Mrs. P. didn't look too bored. Glad she could tear herself away from her yoga and join you.

Seeing the gimbal jump around reminds me that I'm convinced the only way to get a true stabilized vid, even in high wind is with the new bl gimbal.
They are finally releasing them and some of the vids I've seen are fantastic! Even when they test fly them without playing with the settings they are heads above anything else.
Me, I'll make that my winter project, probably, as I really want 'others' to do all the testing and the companies will be making improvements over time. I'll wait for version 2 or 3 to come out.

Excellent event and some great flying in that wind.
Good to see the HV up and flying.
Why no noisy smoking nitro?
Old 03-31-2013, 06:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

All my beautiful noisy smelling nitros are down for maintenance/repair/modification at the moment (no crash damage, just some wear and tear and change of concept issues) and they weren't getting enough priority lately to get airworthy quick...
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2013, 06:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

very nice Jerry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in