Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2014, 01:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default T-REX 500 tail pitch slider problem?

I wanted to upgrade my stock plastic tail with metal stuff for the PRO model and got original Align parts. Everything fits like it should but I'm not sure about the function of the tail pitch slider. The metal "housing" is connected to the servo and inside here is a black tube that goes on the tail axel. The metal housing can move 1-2 mm on the black tube before the tube itself start to move and change the pitch angle. It looks like the design is made to be like this because at the rear of the black tube, there is a stop so it can't move to far, but having this gap seems strange or maybe there is something here that I'm missing?

On the part I got, the number 500T080 is written.
samuel_a is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2014, 02:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've just upgraded my HK500 with the same metal tail stuff as you. If I remember correctly, the black tube screws into the slider body, so there shouldn't be any movement between them.
Abenn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2014, 02:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I need to take it apart again and see how it is working. All I screwed on was the ball for the servo arm, nothing else.
samuel_a is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2014, 10:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah, I think, if I read you right, the slider tube has very fine threads on one end, it slides into the slider bearing, then gets screwed the rest of the way tight. The collar should be facing the tail case, this makes the slider bearing.. ( the thing that the ball gets screwed to ) and the tube one piece that slides back and forth on the tail shaft.
HC500SE ....GO TEAM FLYBAR!
Blayd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in