Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 03:12 AM   #161 (permalink)
Registered Users

pinguin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #162 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Congrats. That is one stripped down heli .

I would love to see a heli designed not for 3D but for sport flying like F3C type flying and prolonged flight time over high headspeed and extreme power. I would settle for 20 minutes with loops, flips, inverted flight. Certainly that could be done based on my Trex 500 that I can get 11 minutes on now (4000mah and 2440 RPM).

The way some manufacturers are now designing for very fast 3D and high head speeds is a pattern that is becoming the norm and is not what I am looking for in a heli. I don't want excessive power. I prefer a lower head speed and tamer heli. The gearing is going toward high head speeds though and slower tails which doesn't work well when you start reducing head speed. The tail ends up becoming too slow.
StatiC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2013, 02:21 PM   #163 (permalink)
Registered Users

Raf :
are we going to see 3 hrs , you got to take the record back

http://www.twheli.de/modelle/weltrek...00-se/english/
Old 11-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #164 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looking at that link... since when were LiIon batteries lighter than LiPo batteries? That pack is claiming it is half the weight of a similar voltage/capacity LiPo. Where do we get these magical batteries?
StatiC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #165 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragge1 View Post
Raf :
are we going to see 3 hrs , you got to take the record back

http://www.twheli.de/modelle/weltrek...00-se/english/
+1. Just tell us if you need any help at all, of any kind. Can't have the record fall into German hands for too long, can we now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStatiCa View Post
Looking at that link... since when were LiIon batteries lighter than LiPo batteries? That pack is claiming it is half the weight of a similar voltage/capacity LiPo. Where do we get these magical batteries?
Not sure about it. The commercial Li-Ion batteries are usually encased in metal enclosure, hence the weight. It states that someone built a custom pack out of Panasonic cells, so I'm sure the metal housings were ditched.
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #166 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm in, too, whatever you need, Raf!

The new DJI v2 is using these batterys.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:16 AM   #167 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thank you all guys. And we know about the new record the day after it was broken, I have been in contact with Timo who broke the record, and have all the technical details. We both agree there is still room for technical improvement, but it becomes almost impossible to fly for such a long time. He was as good as dead after his record flight. And frankly, there are to many other things in life that keep me busy right now to invest time and energy in another attempt.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #168 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird300 View Post
Thank you all guys. And we know about the new record the day after it was broken, I have been in contact with Timo who broke the record, and have all the technical details. We both agree there is still room for technical improvement, but it becomes almost impossible to fly for such a long time. He was as good as dead after his record flight. And frankly, there are to many other things in life that keep me busy right now to invest time and energy in another attempt.
I'm sorry for my ignorance but how was that possible???
Calil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2014, 04:06 PM   #169 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great job Raf and Erwin!!!! I know I'm a little late and the record has already been broken but you guys are still my heros! I couldn't be more proud of you. TRULY AWESOME !!!!!
It doesn't surprise me a couple o Belt CPers could engineer a better machine to whip the old record. We had Belt CPs. The only thing Belt CPers know how to is to engineer something better for obvious reasons. Heck the Belt CP forum should hold a record for most engineers that can't figure out how to get in a box .... Cause we only know how to think outside of it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in