Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2015, 11:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertico View Post
I thought the instructions were written in good english which i appreciated but found the order it wanted me to assemble stuff was ass backwards.
The instructions didn't even call-out all the screws... you had to determine what was in the bags vs. what was called out in the drawings so you could algebraically determine which remaining screws went where. I love my 550SX, but the instructions were totally half-assed. I own my own business and have my share of employees who can half-ass anything. However, Mikado's instructions give my chuckle-heads a serious run for their money.
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2015, 05:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

just use a allen driver to push the locknuts into the frame side ,( 2mm driver shown with a step in it ) I agree the manuals are pretty bad , just built a 690 , tried for hours to figure out how to get the c-clip on the bottom of the shaft(doesn't need one ) instructions clearly say to install one , and a few other "issues" ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7561.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	267.5 KB
ID:	590868  
Dennis Everett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2015, 09:40 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Interested but?

In my experience, a frame break is only slightly more likely on a Logo heli compared to others. I've generally had good luck with not breaking them except on really bad crashes that would have broken any heli frame.

And I wouldn't call those crashes a "rekit" in the sense that it costs almost as much as a new kit... Just that you have to tear the frame completely down to change frame halves, which means pulling off the electronics and all. So it may be a "rekit" in the sense that you feel like you're building it from scratch again. But after you've done it a few times, you'll find that it only takes a little bit longer than rebuilding something else. You'll get to where you can build the whole thing up pretty quick. The parts count is super low. The slowest part is getting the little nylock nuts into the new frame. Plus the frame halves are pretty cheap. At least the regular, v1 or whatever. Idk about the v2 frame price.

I recommend not letting that stuff stop you. They're great flying helis. Totally worth the little extra rebuild time. Worry more about how it flies than how it crashes. I mean, I buy mine to enjoy the flights... Not to enjoy the crashes. The crashes will come and they'll be a pain in the rear no matter what heli you've got.
corrosionate is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2015, 07:37 AM   #24 (permalink)
closed

plastic frames are what make logos fly that nice imo. they are very light and, to me, it is easier to maneuver and control a lighter heli. i wouldn't like to see logos with cf frames, but, unfortunately, plastic frames are way more fragile than 2mm cf ones.

the problem is not paying for new frames, but the endeavor it is to replace them. if the servos were mounted on an aluminum mini frame and the entire rest was plastic, we'd have the best possible solution i think. the mini aluminum frame would add little weight to the model, preserving its flying characteristics, i hope.
hilarious is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in