Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

Angry yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazor 22 View Post
I'll pass
yeah i dont niether a flybarless unit or a bail out unit device mechanism thingy. THE real question is how far into the future will it be before where flying without transmitters?
genuine is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Part of the draw of doing 3D ,for me, is conquering your heart!
Old 05-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

I remember seeing a group of universty students put together a unit and teach it to fly a helicoper 3d all on its own with no one required to use the stick

thats impressive

but I have to agree this sytem looks allot more capable than self levelling.
dl5973 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 07:21 PM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Marks View Post
Hi:

Not to take anything away from Skookum. I figure they're decent units. But Co Pilot has had bail out switch capability since early 2000's, beginning with the original CPD4. What we're talking about here is an imaginary plane, programmable to an altitude you desire, say 50 feet. If you pass through this altitude, the bail-out switch is thrown automatically for you. Many would say that bail out switches are great, but many would say they have not time to react and find the switch in time. From 100 feet up, you're in the ground in around 1 second. At 50 feet, it's about 1/2 a second. I'm happy that our recent "teaser" campaign spurred this much interest in the module. Before long, we'll get some video put together.

Whether something like CPII with or without the new HD module is something "for you", it is amazing to watch how it recovers. CPII already flies faster than humanly possible. It's a computer after all! But to see a model heli fall into the HD at any attitude, and then perform a hands-off recovery to level flight. Well, you just have to see it to believe it. It's extremely "robotic" looking. And I'm talking from experience here having seen literally 100's of recoveries over the course of testing.

Thanks for your interest and keep an eye out for additional information.

Thanks also to Night for starting this thread and answering so many questions!

Tim Marks
President
FMA, Inc.
Revolectrix Partner
I think you got yourself a good unit and it will appeal to a fast frowing market of newbies and people that crash regularly. This is probably a big share of the market.
dl5973 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can this avoid trees by sticking a wall in the way or something? Most crashes I've seen on youtube are usually because of a mechanical/electrical issue or hitting something on the side like a tree. When they crash into the ground its usually just someone doing 3d really close to the ground... but of course the people on youtube are usually intermediate and up pilots.
BurritoSnake is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Email sent out today...

Did anyone else get the email with the hard deck link? My did not work! Tease!!
Crash71 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used the co pilot 2 system a couple years ago and the bail out feature worked just as it was supposed to. It also made the heli much more stable for nose in training. If this device works as described as my co pilot 2 setup did, I could see worse things to spend my money on (crash replacement parts).

If this new unit could you save me from a crash then it wouldnt be nessesary to go home and discharge packs that could have been flown out otherwise.
Jr Vibe 50, Beastx, all Futaba servos OS55hz, Hatori sab 50, Radix
Punkin71 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 07:26 PM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailid View Post
What I was replying too was nightflyers comment that he hadn't seen any bailout features that would work during 3D flying. I was merely commenting that the Skookums bailout will work during 3D.
To clarify..
I know of many platforms that incorporate a bail function, I own quite a few...
But how many are out there that will react automatically at a predetermined height at any giving attitude and at pretty much any speed or angle of attack you care to try?
And still give the pilot complete and full control above that set height?

nightflyr is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
To clarify..
I know of many platforms that incorporate a bail function, I own quite a few...
But how many are out there that will react automatically at a predetermined height at any giving attitude and at pretty much any speed or angle of attack you care to try?
And still give the pilot complete and full control above that set height?

That's what I call real life sim...
CAP21 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
"Full power vertical dives" into the deck is often how we test HD. I'm not trying to start an argument here, and I didn't actually use a stop watch to time decent, but we can play back video frame-by-frame and the numbers I mentioned, if not perfect, are very close and to the best of my memory.
Well if its a deliberate test, then the tester would know what they are doing and have plenty of time to flick a switch. My point was the comment about not having time to flick a switch was made using numbers that (from the altitude you mentioned) are at the absolute minimum end and do not really correspond to a typical pilot, especially one practising a move they are not comfortable with.

But yes, this device has more capability than the SK720 can boast currently, its SL would just mean that the dive would end with the skids buried in the ground, since it makes no effort to counter the helis momentum. Heres hoping the price tag is not too excessive.
-Goblin 500, HC3SX, Hyp DH16/MKS980BL, Scorp 4015-1100
desertstalker is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

As to the questions about trees, hills, birds and anything else that could come in contact with a RC Helicopter..

Folks time for a reality check here....

Unless your willing to shell out boocoo $$$ and go to the US or foreign goverments and attempt to purchase one of their ground/air avoidance radar systems.. your basically S.O.L.

This is a hobby ( please keep that in mind ) as nice as it would be to have all those features and still keep the price within reach of say a moon shot.
Be happy with the thought that many could safely avoid lawn darting their helicopters and save the crash costs for upgrades and/or new machines.
Not to mention the fact the fear factor is now greatly reduced.

nightflyr is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 07:41 PM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

$$$$$ always talk. where do I pay????
Paka is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Hi:

Not to take anything away from Skookum. I figure they're decent units. But Co Pilot has had bail out switch capability since early 2000's, beginning with the original CPD4. What we're talking about here is an imaginary plane, programmable to an altitude you desire, say 50 feet. If you pass through this altitude, the bail-out switch is thrown automatically for you. Many would say that bail out switches are great, but many would say they have not time to react and find the switch in time. From 100 feet up, you're in the ground in around 1 second. At 50 feet, it's about 1/2 a second. I'm happy that our recent "teaser" campaign spurred this much interest in the module. Before long, we'll get some video put together.

Whether something like CPII with or without the new HD module is something "for you", it is amazing to watch how it recovers. CPII already flies faster than humanly possible. It's a computer after all! But to see a model heli fall into the HD at any attitude, and then perform a hands-off recovery to level flight. Well, you just have to see it to believe it. It's extremely "robotic" looking. And I'm talking from experience here having seen literally 100's of recoveries over the course of testing.

Thanks for your interest and keep an eye out for additional information.

Thanks also to Night for starting this thread and answering so many questions!

Tim Marks
President
FMA, Inc.
Revolectrix Partner

Tim thats all fine and good.. but again way too many sensors and external only RX requirement as well as having to run another box on already crowded helis is a turn off..

partner with a FBL company and get a 1 box solution and you will have a home run.

CeeveeSiN is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

Me 2., who do I pay?
Old 05-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailid View Post
What I was replying too was nightflyers comment that he hadn't seen any bailout features that would work during 3D flying. I was merely commenting that the Skookums bailout will work during 3D.
Hi:

O.K. Gotcha!

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 09:15 PM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This is my dream! A uncrashable heli.. I'd buy one in a second (if it actually worked).. I know I'd sure progress faster. I hope the deck can be low enough to be useful.. at least 10 feet. I hate flying high up.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #117 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Anyone else think that with this perceived safety net there will be more pilots out there willing to risk even more uncontrolled flying and could potentially cause some serious damage ?
Old 05-24-2012, 09:18 PM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good point. It could be a little dangerous for some. Not for me though... I am terrified of getting hit.. so I fly 50 feet out or more.. and I don't think that a hard deck would ever change that.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #119 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeveeSiN View Post
Tim thats all fine and good.. but again way too many sensors and external only RX requirement as well as having to run another box on already crowded helis is a turn off..

partner with a FBL company and get a 1 box solution and you will have a home run.
Hi:

Point taken. It's doubtful we will need to "partner" with a FBL company. We have all of the in-house capability to do exactly what you say and it's likely we'll go that direction down the road in a completely new system. But an all-in-one system with FSU, HD, GPS, etc, cannot be based exclusively on IR sensors which MUST be mounted on the outside of the aircraft. IR vs. MEMs. There are still advantages and disadvantages to each technology. There is no one perfect solution. For those satisfied and happy with the performance of our patented IR systems, the separate pieces required are "logical". The main system components are limited to main sensor, vertical sensor (both of which must be mounted on the outside of the aircraft), and an avionics computer. Yes, HD Module will add one more box. But from a reliabilty standpoint, if this box fails, it wouldn't likely take down the whole model. You would simply lose the HD feature. Oh, and HD Module has a super-bright, green, all systems GO LED that can be seen for a mile or so. For now, HD is a major achievement and aimed initially at customers who already own CPII systems; there are many thousands of happy customers using them every day in the field now, as well as potential new customers who see the major benefits of IR stabilization; faster, more accurate response, perfect for 3D; can not be confused and do not require start up self-calibration such as gyro-based platforms. In fact, it is not likely that any other technology will be fast enough to support the concept of Hard Deck as we have implemented it. I could be wrong, but this is what we suspect for now.

Perhaps in time, you will grow to be in our target market.

Tim Marks
Old 05-24-2012, 09:30 PM   #120 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash71 View Post
Did anyone else get the email with the hard deck link? My did not work! Tease!!
Hi:

Does this link work for you?

http://www.revolectrix.com/new_appli...t05.24.12.html

or this one?

http://www.revolectrix.com/HD_Animation.htm

Tim Marks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in