Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2008, 10:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location
Default Trex250 Manual

Thanks to Helifreak user kenny.c for sending me the manual. Here is the manual just as it comes off the CD. It's a set of JPG scans.

Align Trex 250 Manual (12 Megs)

Here is the PDF version donated by Helifreak usere Bubber Jones

Align Trex 250 Manual in PDF (12 Megs)

NEW! Trex250 SE manual! Special thanks to HF user Average Joe for supplying it!
Align Trex 250 SE Manual in PDF (4 Megs)

Bob

Last edited by Finless; 11-17-2009 at 10:53 PM..
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2008, 05:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

so Bob you going to get one?
mapleleafs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2008, 07:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks a lot.
I was looking for it.
Angler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2008, 04:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Bob! Just printed out..

LOGO 400 VBar | LOGO 500SE VBar | Trex 600N LE VBar
Primus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2008, 10:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Just added a link to the PDF version of the 250 manual. Thanks to Bubber Jones for providing it.

Bob
Old 11-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
Just added a link to the PDF version of the 250 manual. Thanks to Bubber Jones for providing it.

Bob
Bob someone above was asking if you are going to get your hands on one, Im curious myself. Any chance of seeing 250 build videos in the future?

XL Power: Nimbus 550
SeanOC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2008, 01:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Probably not. I am not really interested in a heli this small. I have no where in my area with an indoor flying area and for me living near the coast we always have pretty good winds so it would not get flown much.

If Align asks me to and supplies everything needed then I would probably go ahead and do it just to help out people getting this heli. BUT currently I have a back log so even then it would not be until the beginning of the year.

Bob
Old 11-11-2008, 02:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks for answering....i know in the summer someone asked the same question and you replied almost the exact same answer and reason as you did here.....just wanted to make sure though!

EDIT: Actually i had put aside about $800 in the summer for this heli, but after flying the gaui 200 last week, i really do not like the feel, size of these 200/250 size heli's.......

I decided to buy another plank(QQ Somenzini 49" Yak) and the rest of the money goes towards making my Trex 700 FBL.....i am proud of my decision.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
Probably not. I am not really interested in a heli this small. I have no where in my area with an indoor flying area and for me living near the coast we always have pretty good winds so it would not get flown much.

If Align asks me to and supplies everything needed then I would probably go ahead and do it just to help out people getting this heli. BUT currently I have a back log so even then it would not be until the beginning of the year.

Bob
I appreciate the honesty. If Align doesn't offer a kit and all components in exchange for build review and videos they are nuts. I'm sure you generate a ton of business for them!

XL Power: Nimbus 550
SeanOC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2008, 02:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

thats why i feel Horizon Hobby/JR are nut cases.....

A) Ask Bob to do videos on some of their heli's
B) Send Bob Vibe 50, Vibe 500E, and Vibe 90SG with most electronics included, if not all.
C) Bob will be a happy but busy man....
D) Bob post build videos
E) Sales would, at the very least double if not more.

poor marketing if you ask me.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:01 AM   #11 (permalink)

Very honest Bob,

re:

Quote:

Bob
With a great degree of self, The relevance of whether or not the 250 will get increased sales is pales in significance, when it comes to your geographically less than stategic significance when it comes to challenging and windy situations, not to mention as we age things that are small appear smaller and of course faster.

I have privilege to be of first hand experience to absolutley acertain the above facts. You are definately, "A Man For All Seasons". I commend you for your stoic resolve and absolute resolution to not deviate from any verbal colonostic refraction therof rendering your innermost sanctions to be such as unattainable by any means other than surgical.(I am sure JK will send u one) I take my hat off to you Bob.

Cheers Chris
nkosibubezi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2008, 12:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

um,

Ya dude, well said.

So,,,.... Bob, are you going to do a build vid?

lol
Old 11-15-2008, 07:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Old 11-15-2008, 08:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 11-18-2008, 07:31 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

just watch the trex 450 build vids. it's basically the same thing half the size
blahblah9 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2008, 08:04 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi bob,

I just did a new version of the PDF manual with the production manual (other one is pre-series)

Please find it there to share with all the HF members:

http://www.gamani.org/trex250/TREX250MANUAL.pdf

Cédric

Last edited by jurassic5; 11-18-2008 at 12:39 PM..
jurassic5 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2008, 01:54 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

One thing has been bothering me since I learned that the bolt length change seemed to fix things. People are using the term "preloading" to, as far as I can tell, say that the bearings have a lateral load on them due to the bolts clamping the inner race against the hub instead of bottoming out and leaving a little wiggle room.

I understand preloading to mean that the inner race is pulled one way (by the bolt) while the outer race is forced the other way by the grip. If this was the case, the grip wouldn't turn at all since the grip would be pressed against the hub.

If you look at the picture (I know, I'm putting too much thought into this), the inner race of one bearing is clamped between the hub shoulder and the washer, the other between the washer and the bolt head. The outer race is contained by the grip. There shouldn't be any preloading caused by this configuration.

I understand the main that has been identified by Align and by people in this forum, but I'm wondering if this preloading could have even been a factor?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	foo.jpg
Views:	711
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	71269  
ferret30 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2008, 03:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm happy to do build videos on helicopters that aren't free... check the forum for my thread about it. Should be done with them some time this week. Will be following the build thread on here and using the good old noodle a lot

This heli is very similar to the Trex 450, so the same principles apply - build it straight, make right angles, use thread lock, same radio set up and servo centering, swash leveling, etc... just you might have to break out the reading glasses cuz it's so small
Jasmine2501 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2008, 12:48 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ferret30,

You are absolutely correct. The original twin-bearing blade grip setup has absolutely no preloading capability. It's simply two bearings with a spacer between to prevent the bearings from interfering. As you said, the only way you could preload this setup is to force the blade grip against the hub shoulder, in which case the grip wouldn't turn. I think Align did this to 'widen' the bearing area, thus adding more stability. No preloading, though, and the slop of the grip is determined by the slop in the bearing races.

Heim's "custom spacer" video explains how to solve this problem. It's much the same, but instead uses a larger spacer outside the inner spacer, which sits against the bearings' outer races. In this setup, with a slightly narrower inner spacer (he uses a crushable one), you are basically sandwiching the bearings together, slightly more with middle races, which preloads the bearings much like the hub of a bicycle wheel.

I actually did Heim's preload experiment in a very crafty way. I took the balls out of an old bearing, which left just the inner and outer race. I used this as my set of inner and outer spacers between the two bearings in the grip. I slightly ground the inner race/spacer (since it isn't crushable) using fine emery sand paper. This moved both inner races on either side a bit closer together, and the outer were separated by the spacer provided by the scrapped outer race. So, my whole stack is 3.6mm wide. Two 1.2mm bearings, separated by a 1.2mm set of spacers which were previously a bearing. I used the longer screw that was for the blade grips to secure the stack inside the grip.

Result: perfect preload. No slop in the grip, no play, and the grip spins like a top.

The new tail hub kits with the single 2mm bearing won't provide any preload, either, unfortunately. Neall
ndoren is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2008, 12:59 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ferret30,

To answer your last question, it's my understanding that preloading (or lack of it) was never an issue with the tail, and didn't lead to the tail hub redesign. After all, as you point out, the original hub setup didn't have any preloading, nor does the new hub Align's sending out with the single 2mm bearing.

Instead, the binding issue stemmed from really crappy 1.2mm bearings that couldn't handle the side (lateral) load. That is, once up to speed, some tails had binding issues simply because of the side load put on the bearings due to centripetal force. It's possible the new 2mm bearings will be better with side load issues, simply due to the bigger balls and larger races. However, if the 2mm bearing is crappy, too, it may still bind when dealing with heavy side loads.

Heim's 'sandwiched' techique for preloading will better tolerate side load issues, because the side load fights against the preload, instead of pulling against the bearing races. By the way,that's why Heim recommends you actually preload the bearings before you do the Chinese weight mod. Those weights are going to add a butt-load of side force that a single (or non-preloaded set) probably won't handle. Consequently, Align's new tail hub assembly isn't going to be ideal for the Chinese weights. You may want to go back to a good pair of 1.2mm bearings and preload them. I think he's going to offer the preload kit, as well as the Chinese weights, exactly for that reason. Neall
ndoren is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in