Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lightbulb Logo Xxtreme Kit coming!

Look what I found...

http://www.der-schweighofer.at/artik...00_xxtreme_kit

1289€

;-) So there will be a choice for those that have been complaining...
nebuchadnezza is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2012, 05:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebuchadnezza View Post
Look what I found...

http://www.der-schweighofer.at/artik...00_xxtreme_kit

1289€

;-) So there will be a choice for those that have been complaining...
First time I have seen a bare bones kit listed. .
taosgraveyard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

http://www.readyheli.com/MIK2219-Mik...t_p_40990.html

Logo 690SX - Stock Scorpion motor, 12s 4500 packs

Last edited by sgrim80; 10-19-2012 at 11:16 AM..
sgrim80 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2012, 06:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm in for one of these! Will use scorpion motor as per the kit and probably a Spektrum ar7200bx but what sort of esc do people recommend? The YGE xxtreme version is locked for use with the vbar only from what I read??
macpass is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2012, 07:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpass View Post
I'm in for one of these! Will use scorpion motor as per the kit and probably a Spektrum ar7200bx but what sort of esc do people recommend? The YGE xxtreme version is locked for use with the vbar only from what I read??
Yes the Mikado YGE XXtreme 160A ESC is locked for vbar gov only....but why use another gov?
Old 10-26-2012, 08:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

i don't understand how its locked to vbar, why can't you get a prog card and just activate it to regular external governor.
shein95 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2012, 09:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by shein95 View Post
i don't understand how its locked to vbar, why can't you get a prog card and just activate it to regular external governor.
I think YGE locks it in the software.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I could still use a different gyro?

Also I'm new to big electrics but why the need for a gov?
Old 10-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

The XXtreme 800 and the V-Bar go hand-in-hand. They heli and the V-Bar are a matched system, and although theoretically you could use a different FBL control system and some other type of motor governing system, you would not be doing yourself any favors, and performance would suffer.

On larger electrics, a governor is needed to control power inputs to the motor, and thus keeps head speeds under control. In smaller helis you can get by with throttle curves, or even just running things a 100% until the battery dies. But with larger electrics, you NEED a governor.

(-: Dave
dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2012, 02:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The ESC is setup for the Scorpion motor that comes with the kit. The FBL controller as long as it will do an external governor should not matter.......Ron
Laughingstill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok thanks Dave, I have been using the Ar7200bx on my nitros and really liked them hence the questions but with what you've said I'll stick with the status quo.

Now if only I could find one to buy :-)

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahld View Post
The XXtreme 800 and the V-Bar go hand-in-hand. They heli and the V-Bar are a matched system, and although theoretically you could use a different FBL control system and some other type of motor governing system, you would not be doing yourself any favors, and performance would suffer.

On larger electrics, a governor is needed to control power inputs to the motor, and thus keeps head speeds under control. In smaller helis you can get by with throttle curves, or even just running things a 100% until the battery dies. But with larger electrics, you NEED a governor.

(-: Dave
Old 10-29-2012, 02:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I have being using the YGE gov without issues. The YGE is not lock to work only with v-bar but you need the progcard in order to use internal gov. Also you have to ask YGE for setup instructions for using internal gov.
Titusx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 02:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Excuse my ignorance but you're saying there is a gov in the YGE esc?

So one could theoretically use the YGE esc, 'unlock' it and use any FBL system without the need for an external gov or a FBL with a gov?
Old 10-29-2012, 03:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Excuse my ignorance but you're saying there is a gov in the YGE esc?

So one could theoretically use the YGE esc, 'unlock' it and use any FBL system without the need for an external gov or a FBL with a gov?
Yes, that's it.
I have been using YGE internal GOV with Ace One autopilot system until Kosmik was released.
You have to install a jumper on the on the control output and follow YGE instructions to setup internal GOV (YGE progcard II needed). Also you could revert YGE ESC to Vbar use.
Titusx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 07:43 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

now are you getting the barebones kit with no electronics or the combo kit? if you're gonna end up getting the same motor, esc and vbar as in the combo you'd same money getting the combo right? if you're getting everything seperate then you'd just be getting a yge 160hv that isn't pre programmed to the xxtreme and would need the prog card anyway. lastly, does the 7800bx have a governor feature? if it does then just set the YGE to the same external mode using the coding of heli middle, gov off x3 and then plane fast then use the rpm lead with the wire adapter to work the bx gov same as vbar.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:21 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Edit: Wrong forum sorry
taosgraveyard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2012, 12:12 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
now are you getting the barebones kit with no electronics or the combo kit? if you're gonna end up getting the same motor, esc and vbar as in the combo you'd same money getting the combo right? if you're getting everything seperate then you'd just be getting a yge 160hv that isn't pre programmed to the xxtreme and would need the prog card anyway. lastly, does the 7800bx have a governor feature? if it does then just set the YGE to the same external mode using the coding of heli middle, gov off x3 and then plane fast then use the rpm lead with the wire adapter to work the bx gov same as vbar.
Cheers for this. By my calculations the barebones kit plus buying esc, motor etc works out exactly the same as buying the normal kit - $2679 - as ready heli have just upped the price. I was trying to work out a way to get an xxtreme and as the kit was out of stock was exploring options with the barebones kit but as it happens I found one in near new condition so I'm all sorted now! Woo hoo can't wait for it to land!
Old 10-31-2012, 09:56 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Cheers for this. By my calculations the barebones kit plus buying esc, motor etc works out exactly the same as buying the normal kit - $2679 - as ready heli have just upped the price. I was trying to work out a way to get an xxtreme and as the kit was out of stock was exploring options with the barebones kit but as it happens I found one in near new condition so I'm all sorted now! Woo hoo can't wait for it to land!
cool deal, glad you found one. i've wanted one ever since i first saw it but will just be one of those things i will always want but not able to afford to own.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in