Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2014, 10:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New purchase: what replacement parts needed?

I'm pulling the trigger on one of these bad boys and want to order some replacement parts at the same time. What parts are the first ones to go from crashes?

Thanks!
DX6 (2014) Radio, Phoenix R/C
theskyiscrying is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2014, 10:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Landing skids and batteries are the only thing I would get right off the bat. Use the 45c Eflite batteries, they give it a little more pop. The canopy will break on the first crash, buy an aftermarket fiberglass canopy. Pitch links with pop off, I think it comes with a few extras. The tail boom with break if you crash it tail first. You'll eventually need a feathering shaft or spindle as some call it. Both motors will wear out faster then you think, you may prolong that by letting them cool down between flights. Eventually the canopy posts will break off of the frame so you will need a frame.
puppydog_taz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2014, 12:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog_taz View Post
Eventually the canopy posts will break off of the frame so you will need a frame.
Not if you have one of these installed.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Nano-Pin-Fixe...-/321440200314
Old 09-15-2014, 12:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

landing skids and the canopy are the only things I've broken. If you wrap your canopy with some clear packing tape, you probably won't have that issue.

Get some spare blades as those will get tore up, too. I eventually replaced the stock motor with the factor brushless kit, too, but my oem motor was still working (but on its way out) after 9 months of flying it (no hard 3D stuff...).

Blade 450x V2, Nano CPx, 120SR, mCX2, Scout, DX6i. Just assume I have others, I probably won't update this every time I get a new heli... ;-)
jbrandt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2014, 11:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Take clear packing tape and give the inside of your canopy a good coating of about 1 to 2 layers thick. I'll make it hang together when it cracks. I also like the lectron pro battery packs 180 x 45 C for about 6 dollars.

Its been about 12 hours since you posted so I'm going to assume that you're landing skids have broken by now and you know you need to replace them.

Happy flying!
Santa Cruz's most reliable source of broken Nano parts!
headless_monkeyman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2014, 02:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by headless_monkeyman View Post
Take clear packing tape and give the inside of your canopy a good coating of about 1 to 2 layers thick. I'll make it hang together when it cracks. I also like the lectron pro battery packs 180 x 45 C for about 6 dollars.

Its been about 12 hours since you posted so I'm going to assume that you're landing skids have broken by now and you know you need to replace them.

Happy flying!
Yes, the tape "mod" is a must. These canopies are nanometers thick, so they tend to just shatter. The added weight of the tape is well worth it. Put a single layer of tape on the inside and one on the outside. Doing this *might* increase the risk of breaking canopy mounts, though I haven't experienced that...

As for the landing skids, a good temporary fix is super glue (CA glue) and some heat shrink tubing - assuming the break is in the middle of the skids, and not near a joint. Get the smallest tubing you can (I think it's for 22+g wire, and cut a small piece of it and slide it on. Glue the ends together, then slip the tubing over the break and apply heat. My nano's skids broke where they mount to the frame, but I've used this on other micros I have.

Blade 450x V2, Nano CPx, 120SR, mCX2, Scout, DX6i. Just assume I have others, I probably won't update this every time I get a new heli... ;-)
jbrandt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2014, 06:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks everyone.
I ordered the Nano CPX today and the recommended spare parts.
Looking forward to it!

Last edited by theskyiscrying; 09-17-2014 at 06:26 AM..
Old 09-23-2014, 09:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default enjoy your nano

Had mine for a year and a half, was really timid with it last fall and found it hard to control.
I was also flying my 120SR at the same time. This spring the 120's 5-n-1 board went out and decided not to spend anymore on it. I learned how to adjust my DX6i radio and tamed the Nano to learn to control it and then increased my settings as I got more comfortable with how it flies. Still on my original landing skids although they are soft and spread easily now, 3rd tail boom (wrapped last broken one with sewing thread tightly so I have a spare), 2nd Canopy and needing another one again. 2nd main frame and also have pin fixer gizmo on 2nd frame. Rotor Blades mains 4 sets and 3rd set for tail.
Yet to need a feathering shaft or main shaft, or main gear (knock on wood) but have spares ready. Enjoy it and fly it like you stole it, it is a tuff little bugger.
Bry73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2014, 06:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys.
I posted here about the first flight

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in