Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba CGY750 FBL System

Futaba CGY750 FBL System Futaba CGY750 Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2014, 08:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ail shake in Elevator Tic-Tocs

Sorry if the heading is misleading, I realized after I posted I should have made it clearer that this was a question not a solution to the issue I am dealing with...

The Situation:
I have updated all 3 of my CGY750's to version 1.4 and I am getting the above mentioned issue. The heli's are: 1. Trex600N,
2. Synergy N7
3. Whiplash Gas on TRM 275v2 and tuned pipe.
This issue happens on all 3 to a varying degree.

On heli 1, it has become even more pronounced than with v1.31 and v1.2 which is odd as with this latest update I completely fine tuned the head with the "linkage comp" section to make it even more consistent at all cyclic/collective throws. I have set static cyclic at 11 degrees, and tried changing stability gain down to 4 and 3 with no change. I also dropped gains down from 84 to 60 but this only made the heli feel more "soggy" with no change to the wobble.

Heli 2 is the most locked in and has a really consistent feel, however when pushing the collective stops quite hard the wobble is still visible. Just not as pronounced. Aside from this, heli 3 fly's very consistently through all moves and behaves really well and overall I'm loving the 750 on this machine.

Heli 3 is the worst of all 3 and has a very obvious fast wobble at the end of stops. I have wondered if using the Zeal material between the plate and the sensor is making the sensor move a bit with harder collective moves and then creating the oscillation. I have had the thinner Futaba foam on this machine before with no vibration probs but it still wobbled and did make me a little nervous as it's a gasser running fairly hard on a tuned pipe. Although realistically, very smooth for a gasser. To be honest, I can't really remember if there was any difference in the level of wobble between the harder and softer isolation mount system on v1.31 or not.

My other concern is that since the 1.4 update in heli 1, I am now getting the "nose pullup" in FFF as experienced by some other users doing this update. It seems in most other case this was due to insufficient static cyclic throw with the newer firmware, however I have set approx 11 degrees of static cyclic but the condition still exists whether it's in nose first flight inverted and upright, and both into and with the wind. It doesn't happen all the time, but still often enough. I did test fly on both windy and calm days to see if it made any difference.

Does anyone has some useful suggestions that would be worth trying? Dr Ben do you have any further suggestions? Could/should I try increasing/decreasing D gain on Aileron?

I have researched and researched to see if I could find a possible trigger for this but with no luck for my particular case. And It is possible that this issue is exaggerated by the inherent geometry of the head setup on heli 1 and 3 more than 2. Although I have seen another Trex 600 on a vbar that doesn't exhibit this behavior. Not the same machine although still the same geometry nonetheless.

Overall this firmware update is feeling the best the CGY750 has ever felt in terms of consistent flight performance, just need to sort this issue.

Cheers
-> Whiplash Gas, TRM VX275tt, QD Pipe, CGY750, BLS 272SV/256HV & S3072HV, Cyclone 695's. -> TREX 600N, OS55HZ, CGY750, Hatori, FS-0521HV/BLS 251, RJX 600's. -> N7, OS105HZ-R, BLS 272/276SV/FS-0521HV, CGY750, Gryphon AutoGlow, Rail 106's, RJX 690's

Last edited by eluminous; 07-24-2014 at 06:54 AM.. Reason: Added info and some clarification.
eluminous is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2014, 03:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you tried turning up the D gain on your elevator? That pretty much eliminated the issue for me..
MikeG4936 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in