Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2015, 06:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default problem with 3gx

listen freaks i cant get this to link to any computer.drivers wont even show up in the device manager..but i do hear the chime the pc make when i plug it in.but it wont work..is the dongle bad?the 3gx has been sitting around 3 yrs and i never used it.i tried setting it up on a heli once but i had the wrong parts to go flybarless so i stop due to health issues..now for the last 2 days i've been trying to get it to work but it wont link..i never updated it ..can i just set it up with the out of date firmware and fly it like that? im disabled now so i dont have the income to buy another one. all three of my helis are fb and i wanna try flb for a change..anyway how much is a dongle??
craymanus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2015, 12:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you have it connected to a receiver and battery? Unless it sees a valix RX signal, it won't initialize, and you can't connext to it.

- Tim
tadawson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2015, 05:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

... or add a sat and a battery, bind to the Tx and do the same tadawson said.
Mateyhv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2015, 12:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

yes did everything i can think of..btw it a futaba rx followed the intructions and went over them multiple times... i did everything but reformat the pc thinking could it be but did the same on three seperate pcs.i've search everywhere on the internet did everything over and over again..are the drivers suppose to show up in the device manager????cause i dont see them but i do hear the chimes that windows make when i plug in the usb but dont see the drivers there..
Old 05-15-2015, 01:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 3GX must initialize otherwise you wont connect and you wont fly either. There might be some issue with your setup because the gyro initializes when there is an incoming Rx signal.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

two things you need to check.

- Make sure USB dongle is recognized by your PC. You don't need to connect the 3GX. Just the connect the USB dongle to your PC and make sure your PC is recognizing the USB dongle. On Windows 7/8, it takes a while to go through the driver installation as it searches for any driver update in Windows which doesn't exist for many of devices like 3GX dongle. Also with USB dongle recognized, you can launch the 3GX PC software without connecting 3GX. If you are still having problems, uninstall 3GX software completely and reboot your PC before installing it again.

- Make sure your receiver that is connected to 3GX is bound to your transmitter.

3GX will not initialize without a receiver bound to the transmitter as mentioned above
nameci is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2015, 08:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

thats just it..it wont recognize it...
Old 05-16-2015, 09:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

everything works as it should..just wont update..can I use it without updating the software?other than that it works..
I even formatted the pc and still don't update..wont link to pc.could the dongle be bad??
Old 05-16-2015, 12:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by craymanus View Post
...could the dongle be bad??
Check that out. When you open the 3gx software the status should say 'Check USB Device' in amber. When you plug the USB with the dongle to the PC, when its recognized the status must change to an amber 'Linking...'

If that doesn't happen there are three possibilities, the USB cable is bad, the dongle is bad, or there is some problems with the PC drivers.

I don't know your current version but three years ago it may be v1.2 that I can't recommend you at all. Current version is 5, its proven and stable.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

has to be bad dongle..i see the drivers in the add remove programs menu.it just never link..and I tried different versions they all do the same thing..
Old 05-16-2015, 12:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

where can I get a dongle? and whats the cost? im disabled hope its not too expensive.
Old 05-16-2015, 01:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have no idea as the donlge comes with every 3GX, try in the for sale forum. I have also read here that the Tarot XYZ dongle is the same as Aligns.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

The first time you hook up the dongle, it could take up to a good 5 minutes for the drivers to install the first time.

Get your 3GX powered up normally. Hook it up to the computer. Then go have 2 smokes.

See if that works...
HEXAHYDRATE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2015, 09:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

tried waiting 15 minutes and still wont work..would I still be able to use the 3gx without updating it??it still works but just cant update it..
Old 05-18-2015, 12:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

It will still work yes. But older firmware versions had issues that an upgrade would fix. You shouldn't have a problem finding a dongle. There 1000's out there.
HEXAHYDRATE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in