Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Batteries and Charging Support > Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support > Bantam

Bantam Bantam e-Station Charger Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2008, 04:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New Bantam e-Station Support Forum

Welcome to the Bantam e-Station Support forum. I would like to thank Helifreak for the opportunity to share information regarding the Bantam e-Station product line with everyone.

The intention of the support forum is to help anyone who needs questions answered before a purchase of a Bantam product or post sale support. All questions are fine as long as they pertain to the Bantam products and not flamatory towards other products or brands.

I ask that everyone be respectful of each other as the creed for which Helifreak was founded, "Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect".

As time goes on I plan to add FAQ's, helpful tips, and other useful information that I hope everyone does find useful.

Welcome.
RC Accessory is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2008, 10:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

where's the free samples?
WayneBrown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2008, 04:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneBrown View Post
We'll have to work on something...
Old 02-25-2008, 09:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have a bantum 902 charger it is about 2 yrs old. I dont see any where how to charge or update my charger for a123 batteries. It does have a secection for 3.6v lipo/ion and 3.7v lipo.ion. But nothing on the a123 or life ? or does the above selection do it ?
JEEPWORLD2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2008, 09:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneBrown View Post
Old 02-25-2008, 09:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPWORLD2002 View Post
i have a bantum 902 charger it is about 2 yrs old. I dont see any where how to charge or update my charger for a123 batteries. It does have a secection for 3.6v lipo/ion and 3.7v lipo.ion. But nothing on the a123 or life ? or does the above selection do it ?

If you go to the User Setup, Lithium Type, you should have 2 or 3 options. If you only have 2, Li-Ion and Li-Poly, then you have either V1 or V2 of the charger. If you have the Fast and Storage charge programs, then you have V2.

To update to V3, the 902 does have to be sent back into the factory for the update. The charger is also recalibrated too.

The update is at no charge, you just have to pay freight. You can send it to your dealer to send in for you or I can send it for you myself. Please contact me privately if you would like to do the update.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:52 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillJames View Post
what? I'm innocent
Evan sells a good product at a reasonable price, and his customer service is outstanding.
I got what I expected with that post, some traffic in here.
WayneBrown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2008, 09:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Jeep, I have a great "trick" for you.

If you have the 902 V2, you can do this. To know if you have the V2, go to the lipo function and if you have the Fast and Storage programs, you have the V2.

Set the Lithium Type to Li-Ion in the User Setup. Charge your A123's using the Storage charge function. The Storage Charge function will terminate the charge at 3.75V per cell. A123's normally terminate at 3.6V per cell, but they do not have any issues accepting a slight over charge. 3.75V per cell will not damage them at all.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

yup I have a v2. cool thanks for the tip. Do you also sell the heli tachs from them. if so do you have any ? How much I have been wanting one but havent got one yet ? Does it come with the li-ion upgrade or what batt comes with it ?
JEEPWORLD2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2008, 01:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
yup I have a v2. cool thanks for the tip. Do you also sell the heli tachs from them. if so do you have any ? How much I have been wanting one but havent got one yet ? Does it come with the li-ion upgrade or what batt comes with it ?
Helimaster: http://www.rcaccessory.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=135

This is the latest version. Not Li-ion, but 1000 mah nimh.

Evan
Old 03-06-2008, 02:49 PM   #11 (permalink)

Evan, I just got my BC-6, it looks good. How do I know when it is done charging, also what is the number that counts up as it charges?
kevinvandeusen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2008, 03:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinvandeusen View Post
Evan, I just got my BC-6, it looks good. How do I know when it is done charging, also what is the number that counts up as it charges?
When done, the charger will beep and display "FULL".

That is the total mah that was put in the battery or removed (discharged) from the battery.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:46 PM   #13 (permalink)

thanks for the quick answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 03:47 PM   #14 (permalink)

whoops, one more, when it is done, what is the problem of leaving it connected, is it harmful if I do not get right to it?
Old 03-06-2008, 08:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinvandeusen View Post
whoops, one more, when it is done, what is the problem of leaving it connected, is it harmful if I do not get right to it?
Not at all. I would not leave it on the charger all day, but it won't be an issue.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:57 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Problem with BC8

I have a Bantam BC8. I was trying to charge 6S 2500Mah lipo batteries (25C) today. After I set the charger up to charge, I then pressed the start button (battery check) and the charger comes up with the same error message on ALL the batteries - as per the manual saying that there are dead cells/cells with very low voltage. I tried this with all 6 batteries and the charger showed this error message each time. I then changed the connections on the connector, and then the charger charged the battery - I think. The problem is that the display showed the voltage of C5 and C6 as zero but C1 to C4 all showed various voltages?

So why isnt the voltage displayed for C5 and C6?
tricky dicky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2008, 07:00 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky dicky View Post
I have a Bantam BC8. I was trying to charge 6S 2500Mah lipo batteries (25C) today. After I set the charger up to charge, I then pressed the start button (battery check) and the charger comes up with the same error message on ALL the batteries - as per the manual saying that there are dead cells/cells with very low voltage. I tried this with all 6 batteries and the charger showed this error message each time. I then changed the connections on the connector, and then the charger charged the battery - I think. The problem is that the display showed the voltage of C5 and C6 as zero but C1 to C4 all showed various voltages?

So why isnt the voltage displayed for C5 and C6?
Sounds like a defective balance board on the 6S socket.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:18 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hear what you say, but the batteries were run through two BC8's, with exactly the same problem - could this be possible? BTW, I have previously successfully charged batteries on the BC8.
tricky dicky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2008, 07:28 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky dicky View Post
I hear what you say, but the batteries were run through two BC8's, with exactly the same problem - could this be possible? BTW, I have previously successfully charged batteries on the BC8.

Did you use the same balance connection board on both chargers? You need to elliminate the components one by one to see what is known to be good.

The chances of multiple batteries being defective or 2 BC-8 both showing the same issue is slim, so it must be some other component. Charge cable, balance connection board, ect.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:35 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default which balance board for Align

I have an Align battery. Which balance board do I need for the BC6? The EAC124, EAC128, or EAC144. If I get the EAC144, would it be ok to charge just one battery or do I always have to charge two 3S batteries with it. I have never used Lipo before and my head is spinning from all the plugs out there.
wannaheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in