Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2011, 03:43 AM   #661 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My СС85HV works without red wire...
morrolucky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2011, 04:12 PM   #662 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The red wire into the rx doesn't carry any voltage cause there is no built in BEC
maarset is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2011, 01:59 PM   #663 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great video tutorial. This really helped me understand the basics of setting the esc up, though I'm trying to use the Pheonix ICE 100, and the software is alot more involved now. But I atleast have some of the basic principles. Does the way you set up the normal mode with 0 still hold true? I havent set up my hold curves yet on a 500 build, and I'm along, long way off from doing auto's, but I'd like to know if this is still the practice. My Tx, ( Walkera 2801Pro ) I dont think, has a cut off.
I am a fairly new pilot, flying mostly in Normal mode, stunt one being set up as a slightly more aggressive normal mode, and stunt 2 set up in full -10~+10, but I dont fly in stunt 2 yet. I like the idea of governor mode for all three, and will be planning on using it, so I was just wondering about the hold set up. I have yet to set up anything in hold, so if this way still is used, I'd like to know. The new software is alittle overwhelming until I get use to it.. ( old guy here..)
HC500SE ....GO TEAM FLYBAR!
Blayd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 07:13 PM   #664 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

My videos are now old compared to the latest software. I plan on doing an update soon. However the fixed throttle end point adjustments still hold true. The gov stuff has all changed so while a lot of it is OK, there are many options now I do not cover.

You know there are videos on CC web site about the new software? Until I can get a chance to update please use those.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2011, 06:09 AM   #665 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
My videos are now old compared to the latest software. I plan on doing an update soon. However the fixed throttle end point adjustments still hold true. The gov stuff has all changed so while a lot of it is OK, there are many options now I do not cover.

You know there are videos on CC web site about the new software? Until I can get a chance to update please use those.

Bob
Bob, looking forward to seeing you at the Nall. Would be good to go through all the new features to show you how they work. Also the calibrations have changed and I can show you the trigger points to save you some time. Thanks, love your videos....
Old 06-04-2011, 10:07 PM   #666 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Bob
Great found exactly what I was looking in one of there videos I had no idea they had those
Thanks Bob
kipper1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2011, 07:11 PM   #667 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Need video showing how to connect 2 Lipos in Series, ESC, and BEC

Hi, I wish you would do a video showing connecting 2 Lipos in series adding into that a ESC and BEC . Show all parts, all connectors and the soldering involved. I'm building a 700 class electric Heli and have 2 5000mah 6s 40c lipos , a Castle Creations Pro BEC , motor, and a ESC that need to be connected and a video would be great to see how it's done. My Lipo's are the Turnigy that came with 5mm bullet connectors on them which I want to leave.

Thanks,
Lenny7118
Lenny7118 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2011, 04:01 PM   #668 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

For the 6HV finishing build, I will be doing something like that. It will be generic and not Castle related though.

Bob
Old 06-24-2011, 02:15 AM   #669 (permalink)
Registered Users

A generic how to video would be great.
Thanks,
Lenny7118
Lenny7118 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2011, 05:57 AM   #670 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

Thanks for great instruction videos Bob. I have a question about programming the throttle endpoint. I've watched the video and done in similar way but my ESC is giving the melody at 60% low stick and 70% high stick and that makes me wonder if it really could be correct? here's some details:

Heli: T-rex 600EFL Pro Super Combo stock parts, DX8
ESC: Phoenix ICE HV 80 w/o BEC, using external BEC
Out of the box, not programmed through castlelink yet. Castle link USB on it's way
Using a DX8 I set throttle curve to 0-25-50-75-100 for both Normal and ID
Changed the travel for throttle channel to 50% low and 50% high
Turn Tx on, Rx on and connect ESC to power
Go to servo setup, travel menu, throttle servo and put throttle stick at max
Start to raise from 50% and when I reach 72% I hear the melody
Disconnect ESC power, Rx off and Tx off
Repeat all steps above for min throttle stick position and at 60% ESC plays the melody.

Are the values OK or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance
/Martin
mgorgis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2011, 11:19 AM   #671 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

My video is with older software and not with the new ICE controller. So I honestly cannot say if those values are OK for low and high throttle ends. I know guys are still using this end point setting proceedure on the new controllers but again I do nto know what values they are getting. You might ask int he main forum to see what others have gotten.

Bob
Old 08-05-2011, 12:28 PM   #672 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
My video is with older software and not with the new ICE controller. So I honestly cannot say if those values are OK for low and high throttle ends. I know guys are still using this end point setting proceedure on the new controllers but again I do nto know what values they are getting. You might ask int he main forum to see what others have gotten.

Bob
According to clintstone, those values are reasonable for airplaned and indeed, after getting my castle link usb today, I hooked the ESC up and changed to helicopter and programmed fixed endpoint throttle and later the gov mode. No need to tach, just enter the desired rpm and some other parameters and that's it! just as easy as the multigov pro on my nitro!
mgorgis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2011, 09:38 PM   #673 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
OK guys and Gals... as part of my Raptor e620 build I used a Castle Creations HV85. I have to tell you what a GREAT ESC this is IF you set it up right!

Special thanks to Clint Akins for helping me understand how best to get ths video series done and some details about the ESC and how it works!

I hope this helps you all out,
Bob

Part 1: Initial heli setting on the bench
VIDEO -> Castle 85HV initial settings for a Helicopter (70 Megs)

UPDATED 5/30/2007
Part 2: Setting up in the field, reading head speed, and setting up governor!
VIDEO -> Castle 85HV In the Field setup and governor (39 Megs)

UPDATED 5/30/2007
Part 3: My final settings and radio setup for governor use
VIDEO -> Castle 85HV Final settings discussion and Radio Setup (40 Megs)

ADDED 5/30/2007
Flight Test... Hey I am no hot 3D pilot but I think this vid shows how well Gov mode works!
VIDEO -> Castle 85HV Flight test (23 Megs)

Let me know if this helps you out

Bob
idon't watch
fire79 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2011, 03:49 PM   #674 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Question

when I set my throttle end points high and low I do not get any beeps just light changes it is castle hv110.is this Ok or is something not right? I am using Futaba 9c
Old 05-17-2012, 05:06 PM   #675 (permalink)
Registered Users

anyone still using this?

What software version should not be used with this ESC...

It's easy to say "use latest and greatest" unfortunately that advice caused a few crashes (bugs in the newer versions).
X-cell Fury 90: 601/9251, 8231's Cyc; DS650; OS 91MP-6; Jr Vibe 90; OS 91RJX Pipe; Jr 8231 cyclic, 770 3D/G8900, Prfct Reg. CCPM; T-Rex 600 NP: 6965HB, 425MG Throttle GY 520/9254; OS50 Hyper,MP-5, Prfct Reg; 600E Bstx, nue1910
seanh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in