Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2014, 06:39 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Me, I'd pull a page from Raf's play book, go for longest and most stable time I can get.

Go Bronco's!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2014, 09:15 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

ANDY post #37 is correct. I JUST tested at tx power -5dBm. upon signal loss it RTL for me. So Ithink you need all fail safes to servo hold even throttle. I'll go to the wifi bar and put up the video in the usual spot.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:28 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomstoy2 View Post
Me, I'd pull a page from Raf's play book, go for longest and most stable time I can get.

Go Bronco's!
I'm with you Tom! I think I'm really building a new LOS bird. Honestly my current DFC 450 seems perfect for this FPV aplication. I just would need to swap pinions, swap BEC's to 10a CC and add the APM unit.

Broncos win!
Old 08-28-2014, 11:11 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Have you done this?

Andy, "The fence requires the GPS to be functioning well so do not disable the GPS arming check nor the GPS failsafe while the fence is enabled. Conversely if you disable either of these checks, disable the Fence."
Old 08-29-2014, 04:49 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Cheers Chad, I saw that, and mentioned it earlier in one of the threads. It isn't disabled, and I think if you try it warns you when fence is enabled, but even if it doesn't it is definitely on. It's with the magnetometer check we discussed the other day.

Also, before that last long trip I had 6 flashes from the LED, which is very good, and no logical reason why that would degrade massively over the course of a relatively short 500m trip.

Everytime it does something odd, of which there are a number spotted so far, I think back to what Rob said to me. Walkera are using the software in breach of the licensing agreement, and have made changes to the code without publishing what they have done.

He told me that the requirements are indeed rather light, in that you must simply acknowledge that you are using it, and that you must publish any changes you make. He said that they have made changes, and failed both to acknowledge the source code, or publish the changes, making it very difficult to give detailed guidance as to why certain features may or may not work. I think in the nicest possible way he was saying, all bets are off in terms of support, as Walkera do not recognise the use of MP, and APM support is unclear when they have made unknown changes.

This having been said, it is still a good enough platform, near enough, for me to get to grips with the general operation, ready for the Ardupilot 450 FPV project. Especially since you will likely have solved it all for me by then anyway.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2014, 12:55 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default more pieces on the way...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=26464

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=35677

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=52340

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=35036

Old 08-29-2014, 01:39 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The motor/ESC will be for LOS DFC. Im going to use the HDX 3550/12T/Align 35a ESC w/CC10a BEC for FPV DFC.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:52 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Shopping list updated

CC 10a BEC
Align parts
600mW VTX
4x KST DS215MG
Mushroom ant
Pilot HD FPV cam

Getting closer...
Old 08-29-2014, 02:52 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ive read that spectrum users have a much harder time working w/APM for some reason. Look under flight stabilazation forum thread APM 2.5

I only read a couple pages but it seems like a worthwhile read when I have time.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:55 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So been doing my homework. You MUST have GOV mode on ESC. AC only deals in pitch in any mode except Stabilize and Acro. The align ESC does have gov so I will need to test it and decide if it will sufice. Digital servos are a must also no prob. They also reccomend running a RX pack on a heli.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:00 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Kind of makes sense, I mean it will still pass the throttle value from the Tx, so a v curve would approximate some control of headspeed when you're flying it, but when it is doing its own thing, and controlling its altitude by pitch, the HS could vary too much, and they would have to have a section for built in throttle curves otherwise. Might be some other reasons too, that I can't weight up yet, but even that alone would be enough.

I could guess it wouldn't be an issue if you were blasting along with a high HS, but that probably isn't going to be what people want to do, as you would probably be trying to find the lowest possible stable HS, and if you didn't have a governor then a big change in pitch would lower the HS so much it may no longer fly how you need it to.

Damn it, so that's another thing to add to the mix. Never had much luck with governors. I guess I'll have to learn.

Nice spot Chad.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 08-31-2014, 08:23 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Heres a good read about it.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...imodel+ice+esc
Old 08-31-2014, 09:04 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mhhh, yes, well I read quite a bit, and skim read some, and what I got from that is typical of what I found in the past. It takes a very simple matter of running a V curve, that can be done in seconds, and works almost perfectly, and flies well enough for me, as you will have seen from some of my exploits. Jerry too for that matter, and it turns it into some complex mess of issues, tail kicks, gain adjustments, and other such nonesense, that we could do without.

Since I have the Castle ICE 50 on the 450 pro, and it is meant to have a good governor now, and it is easy for me to update the firmware, I'll give it one more go, and see what I make of it. Won't be anytime soon though, as there are a lot of other things taking up my time, even on the heli front. I know from your post that it is something I'll have to sort out, but not right now.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 08-31-2014, 09:29 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well that is why I pasted here so it wont get lost.

I on the otherhand need to get this sorted ASAP. I will have gov on the YEP ESC too so I will have to see which is better. damn now I need a tach.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:35 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, nice move, and a good find.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 08-31-2014, 10:38 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just got a nice Turnigy optical tach, which you may have seen. Well, seems nice, but I haven't actually tested it yet, lol. Like I said, things to do, etc.

If you think you might get the same one I'll test it directly.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 08-31-2014, 04:26 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutty View Post
I just got a nice Turnigy optical tach, which you may have seen. Well, seems nice, but I haven't actually tested it yet, lol. Like I said, things to do, etc.

If you think you might get the same one I'll test it directly.

Cheers

Sutty
I have one of those, too. Quite a nice unit. The instructions make it seem more difficult than it actually is. Once you go through it a time or two it's really simple to use. I like having the pages for pre-setting different targer/stored RPMs.

Taking into account a 93% efficiency (determined from test readings calculated for the throttle settings) I get readings well within about 60 RPM of my calculations at most any setting. Flying with a flat governed 70% throttle I get 2576 RPM headspeed with a calculated value of 2600 for that setting. Very solid and if I vary the tach one click in either direction the rotor image starts rotating from a (blurred) stop image so the accuracy is 1 RPM as claimed.

Highspeed
Highspeed1964 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2014, 01:27 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I dunno about this CC 10a BEC. 25 bucks is fine but then another $22 for the CC usb link to change voltage output and throw it in a box to never use again. BS greed on their part. Im going to get the Hobbywing version w/jumper selectable voltage and lowest rated RF noise.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:05 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Really, damn that sucks. I just bought a CC 10A BEC. Didn't realise I had to connect to it to change that. Haven't opened it yet.

Luckily I got one of those USB doohickies either with it or for my ICE50 in the 450.

Intended to fit it to the 550, but haven't got round to it yet with all this FPV stuff.

New video to come in the video progress report, soon, from yesterday. and will probably knock together a compilation from today's activities shortly.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 09-01-2014, 04:00 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah if I had a CC ESC or intended on buying other CC products it might be worth it but I dont. HW UBEC has never let me down. Ive been using it sence I got it for the Belt. I was sad to have to cut it off the ESC and box it. Now its bigger and 5a HW clone from HK. It seems exacty the same as HW.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in