Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One)

DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One) DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One) Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2014, 06:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Naza H pitch issue servo died

Hi .

I just set up my naza H for the first time on my E-rix 500 (trex clone) , I'm on graupner radio and GR 24 and nothing work .

I don't use any naza BEC and the servos V is 5.8 .

When i tried ti setup the swatch nothing move if i move my gaz 0 or 100 % nothing happend .

After 2 or 3 min in setup my elevator servo just died .

Can you guy help me ? i don't know what to do does anyone use a graupner receiver ? Why my servo just burn and the voltage is fine .

For the hell setup i use this one : http://www.eligasper.com/offerte-di-...ml?language=en

This is my first electric heli only nitro until now .

I'm sorry for my english (french) thank's a lot for your answers .
seeyou57 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2014, 11:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeyou57 View Post
Hi .

I just set up my naza H for the first time on my E-rix 500 (trex clone) , I'm on graupner radio and GR 24 and nothing work .

I don't use any naza BEC and the servos V is 5.8 .

When i tried ti setup the swatch nothing move if i move my gaz 0 or 100 % nothing happend .

After 2 or 3 min in setup my elevator servo just died .

Can you guy help me ? i don't know what to do does anyone use a graupner receiver ? Why my servo just burn and the voltage is fine .

For the hell setup i use this one : http://www.eligasper.com/offerte-di-...ml?language=en

This is my first electric heli only nitro until now .

I'm sorry for my english (french) thank's a lot for your answers .
When in the setup screen it will not let all the servos move in some of the set up screens unless they required to move. Also you should not content your rudder servo till you get to the tail servo set up that is where you set up your servo speed. Also if you only using 5.8 voltage servos you should be using a BEC set to the correct voltage. Other wise you can burn out your servos. Because the Naza can use high voltage but servos and receiver have to be able handle high voltage.

What type of battery are you using??
filtr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2014, 03:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you for your answer.

I'm using the stock 6s 2500 batterie when i look in my common the current servo voltage 5.8v so i think it's fine but maybe i should buy the naza h bec .

My esc has a stock bec 4a .
Old 09-04-2014, 01:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I burn 2 cheap servos , they're analog and naza h was on digital i feel so stupid right now
Old 09-04-2014, 05:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thank you for your answer.

I'm using the stock 6s 2500 batterie when i look in my common the current servo voltage 5.8v so i think it's fine but maybe i should buy the naza h bec .

My esc has a stock bec 4a .
I would use a BEC weather it is from the ESC or a stand alone BEC. with the 6s cell count your voltage with this set up would be to high on less you have a BEC set 5.8V for the servos unless they are 7.4 HV servos.

This is from the web instructions.

(Optional)BEC
· Connect : connect the BEC to the right ports on MC
supplying power for NAZA-H and other electronic devices.
· Toggle switch: slide the switch to 7.4V if high-voltage
servo is used, else to 5.8V if low-voltage servo is used.

BEC Module(Optional)
Switch
A 2-position switch which is selection for high-voltage or low-voltage servos, andprovidesvoltage detection function at the same time.
7.4V: high-voltage servo
5.8V: low-voltage servo
BECCable
To MC X1 port.
Power Supply Cable
For battery connection
Old 09-05-2014, 05:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

THe internal bec of my esc is set to 5.8V .

yesterday i take my multimeter and check the servos output and it was 5.58V exactly in every port of the naza h and receiver .

I guess it should work , but if i'm wrong i will add an external bec .

Thank you again .
Old 09-05-2014, 11:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

if you had the servos not set properly Digital to Analog that would be a big issue. Hope this fixes the problem.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok so i plug new servos and do the setup everything work fine .

I tried to switch to ATTI gps mode (on the table) , the green light flash everything work fine .

I tried to move my gaz on the radio and the swatch plate move slowly until the top (60 % gaz) .

So i tried to move my gaz lower and the swatch plate go down slowly until the bottom .

Did i fuc.. something ? why the swatch move until he ritch the top or the bottom ? why don't he stop ? .
Old 09-10-2014, 12:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

In Atti/Gps mode the pitch is controled by Naza..
Outrage 550 _my big love
flydoc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2014, 12:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Ok so i plug new servos and do the setup everything work fine .

I tried to switch to ATTI gps mode (on the table) , the green light flash everything work fine .

I tried to move my gaz on the radio and the swatch plate move slowly until the top (60 % gaz) .

So i tried to move my gaz lower and the swatch plate go down slowly until the bottom .

Did i fuc.. something ? why the swatch move until he ritch the top or the bottom ? why don't he stop ? .

Did you have it switched in ATTI/GPS mode. Not sure what gaz is?? Did you have your sticks at top and bottom of travel. If so they will travel to the full limit with out stopping. Also I learned from DJI that you must have your sticks centered before switching the modes.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

maybe the way i try to explain it is not the best .

My heli is on my table , everything setup

My motor was unplug , i tried to simulate so i push my throttle to 50 % in normal mode swatch plate move pitch is fine everything work great .

I switch to atto gps mode the led blink green and the swatch plate don't move i can move from right to left etc ... .

I push a little more my throttle and the swatch plate go up until the top limit .

I set my throttle to 50 % the swatch plate move back to the right position (pitch ok everything work ) .

I set my throttle to 40 % , the swatch plate go down until the bottom limit .

I know i'm not flying so maybe the naza H don't understand why the heli don't move and continue to move the swatch plate .

I'm just asking if this is right , i mean i don't want to fly my heli and lose control of altitude or crash .

Thanks again for your answers guys and sorry for my english i'm french :thumb up:

Ps : my throttle curve for now is as follow : 0 25 50 75 100 linear
and pitch curve -2 1 4 7 10
Old 09-10-2014, 01:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
maybe the way i try to explain it is not the best .

My heli is on my table , everything setup

My motor was unplug , i tried to simulate so i push my throttle to 50 % in normal mode swatch plate move pitch is fine everything work great .

I switch to atto gps mode the led blink green and the swatch plate don't move i can move from right to left etc ... .

I push a little more my gaz and the swatch plate go up until the top limit .

I set my throttle to 50 % the swatch plate move back to the right position (pitch ok everything work ) .

I set my throttle to 40 % , the swatch plate go down until the bottom limit .

I know i'm not flying so maybe the naza H don't understand why the heli don't move and continue to move the swatch plate .

I'm just asking if this is right , i mean i don't want to fly my heli and lose control of altitude or crash .

Thanks again for your answers guys and sorry for my english i'm french
Just switch to ATTI mode and try the movements. And see if they are acting the same. I was having the same issue in the ATTI/GPS mode. Before switching have your throttle/Pitch at center stick postion then switch to ATTI mode wait a sec then move the stick to see what is happening.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also have you done compass swing outside that will cause your issue because it has not been set up for ATTI/GPS mode yet.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tryed in atti mode and everything work , the swatch plate move exactly like the normal mode , if i move the heli the naza H move the swatch plate in right direction but everything work .

And i tried the compass calibration but inside , i will try it outside and test again

Thank again for your answer
Old 09-10-2014, 04:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

It should be good to go then. Once you do the GPS swing and is this a fly bar or fly bar less you then have to do a trim flight.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's a flybar so i don't have to do the auto trim if i understand .

Only calibrate the gps outside
Old 09-10-2014, 06:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok i was happy to fast i guess .

I change my lipo just to try if everything work fine .

And now he do the same in atti mode , the led is orange and he do the same . I do exactly how do you say .

Throttle to 50 % normal mode , switch to atti mode led orange i move the throttle and the pitch go until the top and the bottom if i move the throttle down .

I change my lipo again and take the first one same thing .

What did i do wrong , can you help me ?
Old 09-10-2014, 06:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

the naza will not work correctly while on the bench.!!! While on the bench and not in the air,,, only in Normal Mode will the swash work correctly... This is normal.. If you flip your mode switch and have yellow for atti, and green for gps.. and you leveled your swash correctly... put it in the air...
StripedGear is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2014, 06:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Ok i was happy to fast i guess .

I change my lipo just to try if everything work fine .

And now he do the same in atti mode , the led is orange and he do the same . I do exactly how do you say .

Throttle to 50 % normal mode , switch to atti mode led orange i move the throttle and the pitch go until the top and the bottom if i move the throttle down .

I change my lipo again and take the first one same thing .

What did i do wrong , can you help me ?
It's normal... Naza's barometer didn't sense any changes in altitude so it keep moving the swash plate to the max...

Remember in atti and gps mode you only tell naza you want to go up or down, you dont control the collective directly. The percentage on collective stick is translated to how fast you want to go up or down by naza, and it will determine how much collective your heli will need to achive the requested velocity.
It's pretty much like what a heading hold gyro do...

Add: Just make sure your swash moving correctly on the last tab on the setup menu (wizard) in naza assistant software. Check and double check.... Or things can get nasty...
eenoph is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2014, 06:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

thank again for your answer guys .

I will finish my work and put the heli in the air as soon as possible .

It's 2 am here in France , my girlfriend will kill me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in