Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2014, 06:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ncpx brushless conversion problem - PnP - XP 7A

Hello

Dr.Faisal here ,i am back again for ur kind help , did nt give up , still working on my nano cpx , lots of money put in , very disappointed .

SETUP
got 2 more new main boards and
2 oversky pnp xp-7A kit ,
2 brushless motors ,
flashed esc with BLHELI 12 .

--------------PROBLEM---------------
when the motor spin unloaded it continues ....but under load after reaching 40-50 percent head speed .......it starts dying ...........blue light on borad goes off for a second or two ,it like blinks......turns on again and motor spins but reaches only to 40-50 percent head speed .... and shuts off again.....and keeps doing the same ..... need ur expert advice on this

MADE A VIDEO to explain
alo sending snapshot of BLHELI setup and Brushless setup.

Nano cpx brushless problem (0 min 45 sec)

Thank u
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BLHeliSuite BetaSetup.png
Views:	142
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	535879   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20140914-00444.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	535880  
Attached Files
File Type: mov VID-2014091400134.mov (3.89 MB, 71 views)
faisalnawazkhan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2014, 02:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

That to me looks like the oversky 10a pnp which IMO is way too big even a 7a is mega overkill on a nano. The xp3a is a prime choice.

That aside, it sounds like a bad connection. The 3n1 isn't getting enough power and is hitting lvc no longer sending a signal to the esc and shutting it down, then the 3n1 gets power again and starts working.

Just an observation from the video you posted.

Would be best to direct solder everything. Currently there is too many small plugs and connections which add up to potential voltage drops and current limiting leaving the esc with too little to work with.
vtown nick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2014, 07:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtown nick View Post
That to me looks like the oversky 10a pnp which IMO is way too big even a 7a is mega overkill on a nano. The xp3a is a prime choice.

That aside, it sounds like a bad connection. The 3n1 isn't getting enough power and is hitting lvc no longer sending a signal to the esc and shutting it down, then the 3n1 gets power again and starts working.

Just an observation from the video you posted.

Would be best to direct solder everything. Currently there is too many small plugs and connections which add up to potential voltage drops and current limiting leaving the esc with too little to work with.
That is pretty much verbatim of what I told the OP when he PM'm me this morning about his problem.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try a re-bind holding the rudder to the full right when you do. In my experience last night converting from HH plug and play setup to xp3a wild, I noticed this same exact issue. First thing I checked was the main motor wires and noticed one tiny little wire had been cut (not the whole individual strand but a single wire on that strand) The best solution would be to cut the motor wire at that short length you ended up with and solder some other thin cable to it. Use a magnifying glass if available. If that wasn't the problem, try separating the motor wires from each other while you spool up to eliminate the possibility of a short on these wires, causing heat build up and amperage spikes that could not leave enough power for the board to function. The board is not going into lvc; it is instead left without power to even be able to safely get to the power reduction that is called LVC. I hope this helps. I also have a xp3a brand new in the bag that I can flash for you for a reasonable price. I would also definitely do what NCcraig and vtown nick recommended and get rid of all those plugs. Night and day difference.
Andrillox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2014, 10:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

A dude had basically the same problem here just a few days ago (4 posts down - link) and he fixed it by using a new battery, i.e. his battery was bad. Other explanations include bad wiring from the battery, or a partially broken solder connection to the receiver. But basically, the advice given above is right on point. Troubleshoot any/all of the above.
Blade CX2 stock, & DX8, +some quads + small fixed wings
Guapo131 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2014, 02:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default U are right

thank u , u are absolutely , i switched to brand new batteries and problem has gone. it does this to old batteries .
faisalnawazkhan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
nano cpx brushless xp 7a, ncpx bl problem, ncpx brushless problem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in