Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2014, 07:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Log Review

Hoping someone can decipher my log and help me get a little more locked in. I thought everything was going great but during my flights today everything felt kind of loosey goosey. For example, performing a rainbow-ish move; pulling back - stop - add + collective to come back level and as I would do that, the heli would roll to the right. I tried this a few times to make sure my hand wasn't pulling and it did it every time. And also, during pitch pumps. I would go pretty heavy on negative and hard positive a few times and then the heli would start to roll right again. After landing I made a couple of changes but not sure if they will help but I was out of batteries so I couldn't test. My log should be able to show you all of my settings so any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!!
Attached Files
File Type: skl LOG14.SKL (500.0 KB, 41 views)
XL V2, Soxos 7.1L - Previous: Kraken 580, Nimbus, Protos 380, Kraken 700, Diabolo 700, Oxy 5/2, Logo 600 / 550SX, Protos 700, Synergy 516, Velos 880, Gaui X7 / X5, Goblin 380, Blade 120SR/180SR/ mcpx BL/300X/450XL, Align 700X/150/Leap 3D
gtruk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2014, 08:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I zoomed in on the area during flight where you were making heavy pitch transitions, and for the most part they are clean. There is only one place where I see some aileron being applied during the move, and its hard to know if this is just you correcting or doing something intentional.

I noticed in your setup that you have changed the elevator and aileron stick deadbands to 1.0. Have you tried a lower Hiller Decay to see if it locks the heli in a little better for you? The lowest you have is 150. It wouldn't hurt to drop it to 100 just to see if anything changes

Lets see what Georgi has to say, but I'm not seeing any errant aileron control inputs during the hard pitch transitions that would be rolling the heli, so this could also be something mechanical or phase related.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LOG14.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	538693  
Old 09-27-2014, 09:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks. I added a little deadband to try compensating for any errant movements so is not necessary and I can remove it if that's the suggestion. I can change the HD but wasn't sure which way to go with it honestly. I forgot to mention that when doing a tail flip and upon completing the rotation, the heli seemed to have a tendency to keep moving and not stop when the stick was returned to center. I thought that had to do with HD but again, am not certain. I did the flip a few times and again, it did the same thing where the bird wanted to continue rotating like the swash was slow to return to center.

I did the rainbow a few times and there were a couple instances where I added correction myself but when repeating without correction is when it would roll right. I would add pos collective, pull back until nearly inverted and then just add neg collective and that's when it would roll right, with my hands completely off the elevator.
XL V2, Soxos 7.1L - Previous: Kraken 580, Nimbus, Protos 380, Kraken 700, Diabolo 700, Oxy 5/2, Logo 600 / 550SX, Protos 700, Synergy 516, Velos 880, Gaui X7 / X5, Goblin 380, Blade 120SR/180SR/ mcpx BL/300X/450XL, Align 700X/150/Leap 3D
Old 09-27-2014, 09:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your control rates are high enough at 300 that you could raise your Bell gains up as well. This will give the heli a more connected feel to the sticks so it doesn't feel like its lagging behind your controls. You are at 65 now, and could easily go up to 80 or more, but try in 5% increments and tune the feel to your liking. Raising your cyclic accel may help a little as well if the stops aren't to your liking, but I suggest you only adjust one thing at a time

Lower Hiller Decay value add more "heading hold" to the swash and keeps the heli at it last attitude, where higher numbers loosen it up. What you end up with will all come down to personal preference and feel for the way you fly
Old 09-27-2014, 11:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

=] Xrayted is steering you well in the correct direction, so that should cover that bit. 40% gyro gain is a little low on this heli.

also, you are bleeding off more than 300 headspeed rpm's at times, I would use the SK gov to fix that!

georgi UK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2014, 11:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys! I will adjust my settings and have another go. Thanks for the suggestions. As far as rpms, I wanted to fly a bit to get things locked in before having to switch out the pinion which is a pain. I've done so much maint recently I just want to fly for a while.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in