Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 03:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Can't Decide

Hey guys well Ive always wanted to get a nano sized Walkera CP heli. Well now is the time to get one. I have been flying for a while now on my trex 450 clone and can do some mild 3D with it. I like the smaller size heils for some reason, I own a blade mcx2, msr, 120sr, and just want to get a small CP heli. I have been doing some research online and found two possible helis.
They are:
1) 4G6S
or
2) V120D02

I know the only difference is the flybar but still can't decide on which one. My money limit is $300 MAX!! So it's either the 4G6S with the cheap TX for $230 or the V120D02 with the 2801Pro TX for $300?

Any and all advice/ opinions is greatly appericated. Thanks guys, JC
Jhook is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2010, 08:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Out of the 2 options the V120D02 is the best - the 4G6S Rx (2610S) only works in 2601 mode and does not give access to curves etc even if you later decided to get the 2801 pro - where as the 2610V in the V120 works in 2801 mode - and the 2801 pro is so much better than the stock Tx its well worth the extra $70.

PS make sure its version 2 of the V120D02 (Red Canopy) V1 had some weaknesses in the Rx.

Regards David
DocD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 for v120d02
you got fbl right out of the box.
Another important thing is the throttle hold works on the 2610v in all modes. The TH of 2610s only works in normal mode.

Tail clutch mod, wolfgang's metal tail gear, and procrasher's harden main shaft are highly recommended. Unless you never crash.

Good luck
Old 11-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just to put a different spin on it, how about a 4G6 and 2801PRO? Given the new "S" and Flybarless versions, you can probably get a good deal on a classic 4G6.
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2010, 03:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys for yalls advice. Ive been thinking about it for awhile now and I have decided to go ahead and get the V120D02. I thought about getting a 4G6/S for a cheaper price but since Im going to eventually make the helicopter flybarless I might as well buy it like that. I can now afford to buy the nice combo that Wow offers with the 2801Pro Tx and maybe I can find a 4G6 someday for cheap and bling that one out. Thanks again guys, JC
Jhook is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in