Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 02:27 PM   #181 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am reading mixed reviews about the DFC head designs. How will it perform on the 450?

Last edited by Mathias; 04-14-2012 at 03:30 PM..
Mathias is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #182 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use the module XYZ tarot, but somewhat impaired in tailnya wagging, I use a servo D9257 tarot, please help me
alibaba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #183 (permalink)
Registered Users

What general settings are you guys on with the Mini VStabi V5.1./2.3 on the 450 Pro? I am thinking main rotor style, agility, gyro gain, tail rotor yaw rate and gyro gain... Preferably for 3D flight.

Thanks,
Old 06-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #184 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibaba View Post
I use the module XYZ tarot, but somewhat impaired in tailnya wagging, I use a servo D9257 tarot, please help me
You could also try to post your question to this forum: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1512179. This forum concentrates on ZYX gyro issues in different size electric helis.
465 (6s), Align DFC, HW50AV3, KST315 & 8910A+, SK720BE
lcc014 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #185 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Anyone else having trouble with the Mikado 450 FBL head being way to soft, leading to cyclic bounce? I have adjusted the cyclic gain countless times, but with no luck. I also tried shimming the head to remove the softness without any obvious results. I actually went so far that I applied a large OD shim between the cone and the dampeners, which completely removed all dampening in the head.

After just a few flights in on this head, I have decided that I am getting the Align DFC head when it comes out. Question is, Can I fly it without any head dampening (extremely rigid)?

I do not like the design of the Mikado head at all. It does not use thrust bearings, it has o-rings instead of one piece dampeners (works best on 450s) and 3 mm spindle instead of 4 mm. The hub and blade grips are also not as wide as the stock Align one, which makes the total blade span a little longer.

Thanks,
Hi there.. i have a 450 pro fbl with older mikado i just converted today to the dfc head.. i did not do a set up yet on the PC never did it.. any advice would be great appreciated . thinks its 5.1
Old 07-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #186 (permalink)
Registered Users

What advice are you looking for?
Old 07-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #187 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
What general settings are you guys on with the Mini VStabi V5.1./2.3 on the 450 Pro? I am thinking main rotor style, agility, gyro gain, tail rotor yaw rate and gyro gain... Preferably for 3D flight.

Thanks,
Setting up a trex 450 pro with 5.2 mini va bar DFC head i spooled her up and the tail spun.. i went back last night and adjust gain setting . goin to ckeck it in few minutes in driveway try to hover it.. but mainly i just put the first page settings where it says for a 450 etc. i also used the bert kammerer video to help center all the subs trims and travels etc. so let you know asap. I'am not a 3 d flyer just mild loops rolls etc.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:53 PM   #188 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone here using Thunder Power 325 (335) mm blades with FBL configurations? I am running them myself and I am wondering how they compare to FBL blades like Edge 325 mm.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:53 PM   #189 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blades

Hi mathias..iam just using the align white blades standard 325 mm work good for me . Also the tsil problem was fixed went to my lhs and we downloaded the 5.3 again mini v bar. There was a issue on my setup program where the mount sensor page would not display the four pictures so i could not select one. So thats fixed. And i flew it and its ok kinda not used to it ,, little tuning should help , i might try the precise setting.

Thanks
Old 08-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #190 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Anyone here using Thunder Power 325 (335) mm blades with FBL configurations? I am running them myself and I am wondering how they compare to FBL blades like Edge 325 mm.
The thing with blades is that it is personal feel. You really have to get a pair that you are looking at and feel for your self.. I run the EDGE 325mm FBL blades on my 450pro and for me they feel good, but that is me. You may not like them at all.. As I said, It's a personal feel..
SAB Goblin 700Comp.
CoolKD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #191 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like a good statement to me to .
I will try the edge blades when i get a chance to buy them
I think there more money but try em out anyhow.
Tues i get new 450 pro dfc and a700 to follow dfc hv )
So time to rotate few older 450 etc ok ciao!!
Old 08-22-2012, 11:02 AM   #192 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default My 450 Pro Setup

Hi all,

Knowing how often in the past i've scoured the web for suitable settings for my heli, I thought i'd post mine in case they come in useful to anyone...

Firstly, a disclaimer:

I am still learning to fly my 450 Pro, and so these settings are what is currently working - for me - I know they won't be everyone's cup of tea.

And so...my setup is as follows:

Trex 450 Pro
DFC Head (Trueblood dampers)
CopterX 3X1000 FBL Controller (same as Tarot ZYX)
Align 430XL Motor (3700kv) Rhino 10T Pinion - set for around 2400 Headspeed
Align 35A Esc
6 Channel OrangeRC receiver with Spektrum Satellite
DS410M cyclic servos
DS520 Tail servo
Align carbon blades / KBDD Tail Blades
Turnigy 2200 Packs
DX8

The attached files are for the FBL Controller and DX8.
This setup gives me around 10mins flight time per lipo to the 80% rule, although my timer is set for 7mins.
My flying at the moment includes FFF, circuits and stall turns.
I hope someone finds this info of use...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.jpg
Views:	2022
Size:	761.2 KB
ID:	342679  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Setup Files.zip (2.3 KB, 219 views)
xpower180 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 02:19 PM   #193 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have finally finished the FBL conversion on my pro and loving it. It was fast before, but this is a hole different mini beast now. Got even the blue light on the BeastX on 6deg setup point
My setup is as follows:
  • KDE Direct headblock(not V2)
  • Trueblood green dampeners
  • Align 450pro 3G FBL bladegrips
  • Align 450pro 3G FBL main blade link rods
  • Align 450pro swash driver arms(arms only kit)
  • EDGE 325mm FBL main blades(V1)
  • EDGE 60mm tail blades
  • Align new tail pitchslider assembly(V2)
  • Tarot carbon tail control rod
  • BeastX V3
  • Spektrum DSMX satelite
  • Cyclic servos, MKS DS95(6V)
  • Tail servo, Futaba BLS257(5,1v)
  • CastleCreation BEC
  • CastleCreation ICE50
  • CastleCreation QuickConnect
  • Scorpion 2221-6 motor(12T pinion)
  • Hyperion 3S 2100mAh 25C packs(coming down warm but not hot, the one hyperion 2200mAh 35C is cool)
The peak Amp on a 3D flight is 65Amps and average 35Amp
With the setup above and the governer set to 3200rpm this thing flies straight and true and tracks excellent in the air. Flight time went from 3min to 4min(Flybar vs FBL)
The heli flies now with no surprising moves when doing a maneuver, tail is rock solid and is a big confidence booster. It does what I tell in to do and nothing else
My 700N is getting the BeastX treatment next season for sure..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01082012792.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	342703   Click image for larger version

Name:	01082012795.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	342704  
SAB Goblin 700Comp.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:36 AM   #194 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wow 65amps peak and 35 average, I didn't know the 3 cell setups were that much of a difference from my 6cell. I just purchased an align 450DFC combo kit and swapped out the stock power setup for a 1700kv motor with the ICE 50 Lite and 1300mah 6s 35c packs. I am running a governed 3200 headspeed with a slanted 12T pinion and a 121T main gear and my max amperage hits 26amps once or twice but averages 5-6 amps flying a somewhat mild 3D flight with a lot of pitch pumps and big air. All this will give me a sound 6 minute flight while coming back with only 77-80 percent of the pack used. I normally put back 925-990 mah into the packs. Another advantage i have found with the 6s setups is that you have a stronger punchout with no bogging due to the voltage staying very linear though out the flight.
sal98 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2012, 11:13 AM   #195 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default f

I wasn't sure how to search for this...

I have the TREX 450 Pro V2 3GX (v2.1).

The heli spun rapidly (rudder) as I took off from the ground. It had previously flew fine. I had just rewired it with the 3GX unit mounted upside down in the frame and I didn't redo the rudder setup again.

I did the rudder setup again and it seemed fine. However, I noticed that if I turn on the TX, then the heli - if I flip the Aux switch from Head hold to rate and then back to Head hold - the rudder sticks to one side and will no longer move freely (left and right) as when I first turned it on (sitting on the ground) with throttle hold on.

I'm using a DX7 (not DX7S) and I have my tail gyro gain set at +48 in the up position (Aux). The down position is -40.

If I don't flip the switch at all and just leave it up at +40 it flies great.

I was just wonding if this is a know issue?

I could see if the setting wasn't right when I use it with the switch in the down position, but why would it lock the rudder after switching back to what is set correctly.

What again is the gyro gain range for rate/head hold with the DX7 and 3GX? I thought Head Hold was over 50, but under 50 is holding the tail great.

Thanks.
richord is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 06:04 AM   #196 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi.
Im kind of a nobe, just update my 3gx to 3.0 and having problems with my 450. It spinns round when I try to fly. Have tryed to set different rudder settings in from pc, but it still spinns around. Any tips or trix how to solve? Vill try looking for answers in the forum.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #197 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by roblord View Post
Hi.
Im kind of a nobe, just update my 3gx to 3.0 and having problems with my 450. It spinns round when I try to fly. Have tryed to set different rudder settings in from pc, but it still spinns around. Any tips or trix how to solve? Vill try looking for answers in the forum.
Not an expert on the Align 3GX but sounds like your rudder correction direction is reversed.
SAB Goblin 700Comp.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #198 (permalink)
Registered Users

so this thread is dead?
notsobad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2014, 04:41 AM   #199 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can anyone help me leveling my swashplate on my trex450 plus dfc whit 3gx mrs and align t6 radio. I just not understand what I do wrong. I do just like they do on youtube
samuifreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2014, 05:20 AM   #200 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuifreak View Post
Can anyone help me leveling my swashplate on my trex450 plus dfc whit 3gx mrs and align t6 radio. I just not understand what I do wrong. I do just like they do on youtube

Are those photos at different levels of collective(throttle)? If so then first make sure in the radio your DR for each servo is set the same at 100%. Mine has a little differ eve like that due to some servo inequality. It's never caused any flight issues. Not sure if that can be dialed out. Awaiting other more intelligent pilots input.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
weav01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in