Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 01:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tracking problem.......

Hi everyone this hobby just keeps confusing me.....
Ive got a belt cp v2, i set my zero pitch at mid stick, hover pitch middle as per instructions, i then tracked my blades adjusting one blade a turn on long link to get tracked. i then removed my blades to set gov store, blades off at 4V per cell did what it should. Then when i put my blades back on i throttle up and what the hell my blade track is miles apart!!!! Whats going on...blades went back in the same place they are coloured to go in the same place. I measure the pitch of the blades and there is now a 3 degree difference at bottom on the stick....Whats changed.....Very confused been chasing my tail all arvo....tried changing the dampners.. Have i got some setup wrong somewhere as throttle increases one blade just seems to climb above the other when looking at track....
Would really appreciate some help.
Im using stock esky radio, with a yge esc and 4400kv motor.
Thanks
kiwiguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2012, 01:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My blades have been balanced also, weight and COG.
kiwiguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2012, 05:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

blades that go in and out of track severe is usually bent spindle or feathering shaft, and/or bent mainshaft, crappy wooden blades that constantly swell and contracting...sometimes even linkages that are just flexing to much that connect to the blade grips..

there could be other reasons as well... these are just the major culprits... ive seen head blocks that arent drilled correctly causing issues as well... just lots of things to check till u figure it out
Old 11-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just want to share my experience. I used to have tracking problem with wood and fiber glass blades. Only carbon blade works. I didn't have any crash. I did try replacing parts, but doesn't work. Then I use Trueblood dampener for 450 v1. My problem gone.
I can just use my carbon blades but I have several pair or wooden blades I want to use.

Recently I have a crash because of failing elevator servo. My wood blade gone. I use other wood blade and give me tracking problem. I still use Trueblood dampener, but this time I suspect the blade is not good. It might be deform or else, because it's a 2 year old blade. I keep all my blades hanging.
pinguin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Shrink wrap

Hi Guys,

On some of my wood blades although the covering looked OK, it was actually loose and would expand under lift causing tracking problems. Try using a hair dryer on the blades to tighten it up. This is especially necessary for the eBay woodies.

Also, the esky heads and ebay esky style metal heads are notorious for tracking problems. I finally solved ALL my tracking problems by going flybarless! Better blades also help. Splurge for some $12 carbons!

Terry
exblade is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in