Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2016, 03:26 AM   #541 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thee 85mm blades would give you less thrust than two 95mm blades, so that would seem like a strange way to go?
If the object of the exercise is to increase the hold of the tail then I'd expect to have to use three blades of the same size as the two blade tail (95mm).. which should give a roughly 30% increase in tail thrust.
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2016, 03:35 PM   #542 (permalink)
Registered Users

Didn't bother doing any sort of calcs. Sometimes going to a three blade setup necessitates dropping a blade size. Just an off-hand suggestion made while drinking a beer and eating dinner
jmtyndall is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2016, 04:28 PM   #543 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm an engineer, I have to do calcs!..

A quick fag-packet calc says you would loose some tail authority with a 3 blade 85mm tail over the standard two blade 95mm tail... So it would be a step backward on a heli already short of tail authority.
Three 95mm blades would be fine i'm sure. I run two 105mm blades on mine and it works great but needs a boom stretch to be safe.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:33 PM   #544 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

On other helis with 2 bladed tail and good tail ratio and blade size, doing a 3 bladed tail conversion would normally mean to either drop the tail ratio or go down on blade size. But on the 600 we want to increase the tail authority and keeping same blade size will probably bring us right at the sweet spot of available tail thrust even for lower headspeeds. Now for guys that frequently do headspeeds of 2400+ there may be some issues on the long term with material fatigue, especially the tail gears. Either way for headspeeds that high, tail authority doesn't seem to be an issue already so maybe a 3b conversion may not be worth it in those cases (except for bling factor).
Blade 450X

Last edited by Heli.Maniac; 09-01-2016 at 07:51 PM.. Reason: grammar error
Heli.Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2016, 02:56 PM   #545 (permalink)
Registered Users

Isn't there some maths/calc you can do to check main rpm, main thrust versus tail ratio, tail thrust to get a nice rpm range to fly with a secure tail all the time.

need to check that darkhorse calc...
apper001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2016, 07:42 PM   #546 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy_Old_Man View Post
I'm an engineer, I have to do calcs!..

A quick fag-packet calc says you would loose some tail authority with a 3 blade 85mm tail over the standard two blade 95mm tail... So it would be a step backward on a heli already short of tail authority.
Three 95mm blades would be fine i'm sure. I run two 105mm blades on mine and it works great but needs a boom stretch to be safe.
Me too, but after work I just don't feel like doing any more haha
jmtyndall is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2016, 06:25 PM   #547 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is the nitro auto gear mod. being used in this config. If so could 85mm blades be used?
Old 09-27-2016, 01:11 PM   #548 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobieg View Post
Is the nitro auto gear mod. being used in this config. If so could 85mm blades be used?
I'm not sure about the nitro gears but the gears from the older ESP version have been used which speed up the tail allowing stock 95mm tails to be used at less than screaming headspeed. You wouldnt want to use 85mm tails on a 600.
Old 09-27-2016, 04:30 PM   #549 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I'm not sure about the nitro gears but the gears from the older ESP version have been used which speed up the tail allowing stock 95mm tails to be used at less than screaming headspeed. You wouldnt want to use 85mm tails on a 600.
I was thinking of a scale model with lower head speed say, 1500 rpm.
I run my 4 blade scale 600 with the nitro/esp gear ( I think they are the same ) and have to use 105mm. The tail will try to come around on a hard collective input. I found out that it doesn't like tic-tocks! It does loops and rolls nice though.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:45 PM   #550 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have another blow out yestarday when doing a lopings whith my 600 pro efl. Did align solve this problem in the new 600x?
lmpf14991 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2017, 06:38 PM   #551 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmpf14991 View Post
I have another blow out yestarday when doing a lopings whith my 600 pro efl. Did align solve this problem in the new 600x?
AFAIK there is no 600X and the latest kit is the older 600L, which has the same tail gear ratio and tail blade size as the older 600E Pro kits. Still, there are some options to try to improve the tail performance on this model.
Blade 450X
Old 07-01-2017, 11:53 AM   #552 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli.Maniac View Post
AFAIK there is no 600X and the latest kit is the older 600L, which has the same tail gear ratio and tail blade size as the older 600E Pro kits. Still, there are some options to try to improve the tail performance on this model.
Hello.
What upgrades can i ude to get bet tail autority?
Tanks
Luis
lmpf14991 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2017, 12:10 PM   #553 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmpf14991 View Post
Hello.
What upgrades can i ude to get bet tail autority?
Tanks
Luis
A few options:
  1. Use the higher ratio Mod0.6 Auto and tail drive gears off the older 600ESP
  2. Do a mild 'stretch' using cut down 700e parts and fit 105mm tail blades
  3. Use the new three blade tail.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:52 PM   #554 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
A few options:
  1. Do a mild 'stretch' using cut down 700e parts and fit 105mm tail blades
For milder flight styles, one can get away with just elongating the rear hole on the boom and sliding the tail case further just a little bit. That small extra clearance is enough to allow the use of 105mm tail blades with 600mm mains without causing any issues with the TT inside the boom. Up until decommissioning my 600E Pro a year ago, with this mod I could do hard 3D without any issues with blade interaction like in the past. It's just another relatively safe alternative for fixing tail authority issues.
Blade 450X
Old 11-08-2017, 07:46 PM   #555 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ive been running 2450headspeed on my 600L and never had tail gears fail apart from my single only incident in 18months last month due to main bearings being obliterated in the main shaft block holders. Due to higher headspeed? maybe / maybe not.. But gears have thus far been solid at 2450 for me.

I managed to auto it down safely so this bird will live again very soon.
Synergy E7se - MSH Brain / CC Edge 120HV
nabl74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2017, 07:06 AM   #556 (permalink)
Registered Users

I installed the 550e 3 blade tail setup with the matching align tail blades. Blow outs are gone +-13° full pitch inverted reverse flying rock solid now. Get the 3 blade tail and be done!

Team Novarossi Motors U.S.A PlanetHobby.com "PushGlo" "SwitchGlo" Byron Fuels 2018
wifeorheli? is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2017, 07:56 AM   #557 (permalink)
Registered Users

had the 3blade tail unit it on my 600e pro DFC and could still produce blow out in full collective tail-in inverted cw funnel... though the tail performance was much better than with 2blades.

i used 95mm (not 3x 90mm) tail blades with 2250hs and +/- 12° collective.
szaki75 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2017, 04:47 AM   #558 (permalink)
Registered Users

Might be the difference I'm still running 2400 hs. I was thinking of lowering now but I guess the thrust just isn't there....

Team Novarossi Motors U.S.A PlanetHobby.com "PushGlo" "SwitchGlo" Byron Fuels 2018
wifeorheli? is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in