Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ron,

To me, and it's just my opinion, it feels better all the way around. Definitely does a better job holding head speeds, and so far, no overspeeding what so ever.....not at all like the overspeeding you see with a Helijive...

Also, bear in mind that I'm a pilot in learning I'm just starting to learn some advanced moves...can do tick ticks, rainbows, hurricanes, mainly basic stuff...have a friend that is Compass sponsored that as flown it hard, and just said "wow". ... I sure the YGE and VBAR are great as well, but what really sells me on the Kosmik(besides the logging) is the clean neat setup that the HV bec allows you to do...the only batteries on my helis other than the main flight pack is a 250mah 2S buffer pack that I plug directly into recieve before each flight
#1 - Compass 7HV, Scorpion 4530 , VBAR, Kosmik 200
#2 - Logo 700
G200driver is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flew my Goblin 700 w/ yge160 and 4530-540. Was flying at 2175 and it seemed to overdspeed a lot when unloading. Time to play with the gains.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
aviator493 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is a video os Al Austria flying my XXtreme on it's third flight. VBAR GOV, YGE 160HV, 14s. Look at the blades and listen to the HS........Ron
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMebMvQWSs0&list=UUo3reIwyqk0qrPLVFVkATpA& index=5&feature=plcp[/ame]
Laughingstill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 09:09 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't have a L700, but do know YGE's pretty well with VBar. You can see the sticky in the YGE forum for optimum setup.

Heli Middle/Plane middle with VBar Gov and Xera 4530 is best performance. Heli middle/Plane Fast does not offer much difference with such a powerful motor. Now on a less powerful setup, it "might". Heli Middle/Plane Slow just reacts too slow for my taste.
IMHO just went back to Helijive mode 4 on a diablo and over speeds like crazy, might have to go back to YGE/Vbar gov

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Synergy N5C sitting in Box...
Mystic3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 10:22 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can tell you overspeeding jive you dont have enough headroom, of al esc's its the one with least overspeeding, btw i have yge jive, kosmik and tested many others, also vbar gov, jive needs to run no higher than 65% for best performance.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolla View Post
I can tell you overspeeding jive you dont have enough headroom, of al esc's its the one with least overspeeding, btw i have yge jive, kosmik and tested many others, also vbar gov, jive needs to run no higher than 65% for best performance.
70% uncalibrated, so above, but not a higher pinion worth.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you logged it, check pwm if reaching 100 percent often, other reason lipos not up too scratch or motor not strong enough, ive logged many setups with jlog, as said jive has least overspeed of any esc, you shouldnt notice anything by ear, if you do something wrong with the setup
Old 12-03-2012, 02:41 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No logger, will just go up a tooth. 4525 ultimate and good packs. Thanks stolla

Old 12-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also what mode?, i find mode 6 works best for me although the percentage slightly higher but it doesnt influence pwm, also if you run ksa turn it off.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolla View Post
Also what mode?, i find mode 6 works best for me although the percentage slightly higher but it doesnt influence pwm, also if you run ksa turn it off.
It's been a while since I used the HeliJive, Mode 4 Currently, no to KSA as 4525 Ult is YY.
Always had good success with Mode 4 and Jive..

Old 12-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sidenote but;

Jive (and PJ/Jazz) always had a "down, very deep into the core" code to prevent overspeeding, some like it, but I actually do not.

If you look closely, when you do sustained tictoc, lets say at 1900RPM, it drops to perhaps 1700 or 1750 "just to make sure it does not overspeed".

With that, when I do end the tictoc, it starts as flying with 1750RPM (for sample when doing a rainbow at end of tictoc)

On the same geared heli, the K flies "boring" compared to Vbar governor (Which overspeed but keeps SET rpm during the tictoc)

Granted, you can overgear to minimize, but there is no free lunch, overgearing is like peddling a bike uphill on a high gear, it cost power.

Also, 10hz logging does NOT show all the details, 100ms is too long between logging points, I use 20hz logging for most tests and when I need to I use 50 or 100hz, it's a big difference.

Last, one thing to keep in mind, logging motor RPM is one thing, some ESC's use brake, then you really need to check main shaft to see what going on since we have one-way bearings in the system.

Overall if you look at % time spent closest to set RPM the top governors differ from the regular map, and that's most important.. or is it?

it's VERY easy to make the perfect governor, I actually know one who did, problem is no heli held up to it, stripped maingear and tailkick was violent...

It's all a tradeoff.
I now go what feels best inflight only.

Last edited by MrMel; 12-06-2012 at 03:19 PM..
MrMel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good info in this thread !

subscribed
4cyclic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not really related, but if anyone getting the Logo 700 decides to go with the Kosmik and wants to sell the YGE PM me. I plan on converting my whole fleet to YGE 160s slowly as i get the cash. Thanks.

Controlled by: Jeti DS-16
Clay333 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in