Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2008, 02:24 PM   #181 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does Finless fly Airplane as well and if he does which is he a better pilot planes or Heli. I have seen him fly Heli and he is great in the vid....
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2008, 08:20 PM   #182 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Hey guys if I wanted to ask Bob a question, what would be the best, most appropriate way to do so.

I see that he has a personal website with an e-mail link but I don't want to bother him that way if doesn’t like that.

Thanks
WBFAir is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2008, 07:55 PM   #183 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir View Post
Hey guys if I wanted to ask Bob a question, what would be the best, most appropriate way to do so.

I see that he has a personal website with an e-mail link but I don't want to bother him that way if doesn’t like that.

Thanks
Just PM me as I will have PM's on this evening (in about 2 hours). I was on a biz trip and just got home... Let me catch up and then I will turn PM's back on.

However if your going to ask a question for help I ask that you post that kind of question in one of the forums! If I answer you via PM no one else gets to learn... Thats what forums are about so other can participate and learn too... So unless the question is about me of my videos, please ask a technical question in a forum!

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2008, 08:49 PM   #184 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
Just PM me as I will have PM's on this evening (in about 2 hours). I was on a biz trip and just got home... Let me catch up and then I will turn PM's back on.

However if your going to ask a question for help I ask that you post that kind of question in one of the forums! If I answer you via PM no one else gets to learn... Thats what forums are about so other can participate and learn too... So unless the question is about me of my videos, please ask a technical question in a forum!

Bob
Hello Bob and thanks for the reply and offer to PM you.

Yeah I was hoping to post the question to your board for that very reason but I found out that we can't start a thread there which understand and makes sense as I'm sure that it would be posted to relentlessly if that were possible.

Basically I have a question stemming from something I saw on your 450 frame build relating to the tail drive gear assembly and was hoping to ask you about it but I would certainly like the discussion to be know to others too so I guess I will post it in the 450 section and I'll PM you with the title so hopefully that should cover all the bases.

Thanks
WBFAir is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2008, 01:20 PM   #185 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hello Bob,

I am downloading many of your vids whether related or not, there are always small hints hidden somewhere, so thank you very much.

I have a couple of questions, first, what are the chances on making a nitro2electric conversion video, like an Raptor-E conversion? (erm.. yes, I have a titan kit and still thinking what to do with it after reading more n more about nitro mess *grin* )

And second is about video format, ever considered to convert vids to mp4 AVC format, instead of wmv? it might be smaller (your video qual. is perfect, but in video bussines, looking more perfection never ends), plus, do you apply noise removal before encoding, this also helps to decrease the size.

My sincere thanks.
ontheway is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2008, 12:32 PM   #186 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Thanks and welcome

Been to a few heli forums but have settled on Helifreak as my home.
No. 1 reason? You Bob. Thanks, and Welcome!
Trex 450SEV2 <(Two thumbs up!)
DX6-i/AR6200/ 430XL / RCE-BL35X 35A / GY401 / S9650 / HS-65MG's.
SCCreations is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2008, 10:56 AM   #187 (permalink)

Default THANKS BOB!-your my hero!

Just want to thank you Bob, i am somewhat new about a year into helis now and your vids have made it alot more fun then frustraighting for me now. the vids on pitch and throttle curves were the most helpful info i have ever gotton. keep up the great work. i also have a suggestion. instead of marketing and selling your vids maybe have a place where people can sponser you with donations to help pay for your time and cost to make the vids. i would be the first to flop down a twenty. thanks again, Mudder
mudder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2008, 12:30 PM   #188 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still haven't gotten through all of them yet, the curves101 was really helpful and the gyro one, well actually they are all great.

Thanx,
Hawk
Old 04-21-2008, 11:53 PM   #189 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'd still be looking at all the bent and broken pieces if it wasn't for you and your vids. Thanks Bob!!!
jayrat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2009, 06:15 PM   #190 (permalink)
Registered Users

HI bob
my name is Marvin my wife bought me a JR Venture 30 the moter that is in it leaks like a water hose so i bought a os 37 heli engine i need to break it in but i don't know
how to hover yet do you have any helpful advise for me
flytier20032000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2009, 07:16 PM   #191 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Bob just wanted to take the time to say a very big THANK YOU for all the build videos you do. It must be very time consuming making the vids and a real drain on your broadband connection to upload the hundreds of megs worth of clips that you kindly put up to educate us all. Many many Thanks...
loopyleigh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2009, 10:29 AM   #192 (permalink)
Registered Users

I buy some also
Your vids have saved me countless times already and I'm only one year into this crazy hobby I love
JRod
Raptorg2zman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in