Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography > FPV and Real time Video

FPV and Real time Video Discussions of receiving video in realtime from the aircraft

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2014, 06:33 PM   #281 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonisms View Post
Pretty cool. I've been flying my FPV quad around all summer and have gotten to the point where I feel pretty comfortable in the goggles. I'm also a fairly experienced CP heli pilot so I've often thought it would be a more efficient FPV platform if you gear it down for lower headspeed. I'm curious how the helicopter is set up. Did you drop the headspeed down lower than you would for sport/3D flight? Which FBL system are you running and are you flying with self-leveling enabled?
PM sent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2014, 06:32 AM   #282 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatimoto View Post
Nice flying ducati I just got my mini going still needs tuning but it's great fun
Blackout Mini H (4 min 50 sec)
Ynot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2014, 04:32 AM   #283 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile FPV Sheep Herding Mini Quadcopter

Hi All,

The challenge is to get the flock of sheep grouped together and then move them all to the bottom of the field so that they can be sheered.

Normally the farmer would have to walk up the field with his dog and use whistles or commands at the dog to round the sheep up and move them to the bottom of the field.

The total flight was just under 5 minutes, I decided to use a 1400mAh Nanotech 3s lipo to give me plenty of time out in the field. Near the start of the flight you can see a group of white and black sheep huddled against the hedge that wanted to stay there, these are a different bread to the other white sheep which is why they reacted differently.

The farmer commented that the flock seemed a lot less jumpy and less stressed after being herded by the mini quadcopter rather than how they would be after being herded with the dogs, he thinks it might be because they could all see and hear the location of the mini quad whereas the dogs are silent and the sheep are only reacting to the movements of scared sheep close to them which can cause fear which leads to stress. I showed this video to an RSPCA officer and they thought the same as the farmer.

Full permission was given by the land and animal owner. The quads Flight Controller and RC Rx fail safes are set to 0% throttle. Thank you to my spotter for the Day Chris.

Best viewed full screen 1080p
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
JAB1a is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2014, 02:16 AM   #284 (permalink)
Registered Users

FPV- The Fattest Rat Blackout Mini H EPIC prox (3 min 2 sec)
Ryhza is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2014, 06:10 PM   #285 (permalink)
Registered Users

Some awesome flying there Ryhza
Old 11-19-2014, 05:30 PM   #286 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wings over Senigallia:
Wings over Senigallia (3 min 48 sec)

Enjoy!
LorisM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2014, 09:23 PM   #287 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My latest fpv video

Cane Beds FPV: http://youtu.be/p4Yi4qXtZ9I
Old 12-10-2014, 11:12 PM   #288 (permalink)
Registered Users

One more for your viewing pleasure!

FPV The Beginning (3 min 57 sec)
escsniper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2014, 05:27 AM   #289 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi All,
We got permission to fly around a local active gravel quarry, no workers were on site during the weekend so we had the opportunity to check it out and have a fly around the all the equipment.

This video was filmed back in September while the weather had a break from the rain and wind. The site is used to create fine gravel and aggregate for local businesses and has been active many decades.

The location would be so good to have Mini FPV Quad races around all the equipment, there is even a track behind this location that would be an excellent advanced course for the later races with a 50meter high incline on the straight.

Best viewed full screen @1080p
Old 01-02-2015, 07:46 PM   #290 (permalink)
Registered Users

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snw6shZbwYE&list=UUp4k-jpnZCVkV8-13SJpK8A[/VIDEO]
firepower is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2015, 12:03 AM   #291 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just some flippin' FPV fun!

FPV Racer flips and rolls (2 min 6 sec)
escsniper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2015, 04:18 AM   #292 (permalink)
Registered Users

A quick vid of my BO330
Blackout 330 (1 min 58 sec)
Old 01-27-2015, 05:44 AM   #293 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default FPV Spanky Workshop

Hi All,
Going over some old footage I found this quick flight I got the chance to do around a metal workshop here in Devon.

At the far end of the room I got quite a bit of break up in the video signal due to all the high power equipment which was very RF dirty but the still air inside the building made up for any disadvantage.

The flight into a loft is from another flight on the same day, I got to investigate the barns via FPV which was great fun and very challenging.

Old 02-25-2015, 05:43 AM   #294 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi All,

A great morning spent FPV racing mini quadcopters in Cornwall, UK.

Four quads are in this race, 2xZMR250, FPV250 and a Spanky 6. I am flying the larger quad due to a my Spanky 5 being out of action on the day. The 6 was not setup for racing and had only had a few flights done since enabling Oneshot in Cleanflight and on the KISS ESCs, plenty of oscillating sounds but the quad felt locked in and stable the whole time on stock PIDs. Races are 2 laps long if you can survive the gates. This is race 6 of 9 that we had on the day but we were stopped in the end by strong rain and winds.

During this flight you can see its already starting to rain but we decided to brave the weather for the fun. Excellent start to the race with JamesB72 taking the lead out of the first corner, Mike was hot on his tail while me and Mark battled it out for 3rd place. On the second lap I am so far behind first place that I decide to cut the corner to try and get a close up shot, disqualified but determined I gave chase until the final corner where JamesB72 got the Win.

Thank you to Team Grey Squirrel + spotters for an excellent time and thank you to JamesB72 for making the trip down this way.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:40 PM   #295 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool Sunrise

Shot early this morning.

ocflyboy714 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2015, 04:01 PM   #296 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking Landing On The Roof :)

Landing On the Roof (0 min 42 sec)

Heres another
3 YEARS ON YOUTUBE! (0 min 45 sec)
Robotboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2015, 04:51 AM   #297 (permalink)
Registered Users

Getting more adventurous with my miniquad. Started to fly lower and closer to stuff.

neilmc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2015, 08:08 PM   #298 (permalink)
Registered Users

Vortex proximity! Enjoy!
Play With Gazebo - Vortex // ImmersionRC (3 min 50 sec)
Old 08-04-2015, 03:50 AM   #299 (permalink)
Registered Users

Vortex @ car park!
Car Park - Vortex // ImmersionRC (5 min 9 sec)
Old 09-25-2015, 10:52 AM   #300 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

Hi All,
This is my second visit to this wonderful site. The remains of the Danescombe Valley Papermill make for some of the most fun FPV agility flying I have ever experienced, every corner and gap leads onto another and then another all linking together to make a very satisfying course. The building has a bit more undergrowth on it since I last visited in 2014 but seems to be maintained by local residence for the joy of the public which I thank them for.

This flight I am using the Rotor Evolution RE180 'Tilt' frame, its a excellent frame made from the highest quality carbon fibre. With built in 10degree motor tilts this mini-quad packs a serious top speed being able to keep up with the 250quads with ease. This quad is untuned and only been flown a few times but as you can see its quite at home with close proximity flying.

I am joined by fellow FPV pilots and spotters DougC +1 and MarkG, also spotter Lee is up the lane making sure we are safe from walkers and dogs while we fly. Thank you for your time guys

The other quad flying in this video is a Rotor Evolution 180mm Decker flown by DougC.

Best viewed fullscreen 1080p

Tags
fpv, heli, video, videos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in