Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 06:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default More APS Problems - Think it's time I sent it back!

So I have got past previous more serious issues (Falling out of the sky), which were down to the speed you perform the throttle calibration.

Now when I switch to APS the heli flies backwards and slightly to one side!

This can be be replicated on the bench by setting throttle to hover position and go to APS - Swash plate tips back a little and to one side.

It is as though the APS Gyro does not know where level is is - faulty perhaps?

If I hold the APS gyro at a slight angle and do the same, the swash stays in the 3GX position.

Any ideas please? Apart from a large hammer!

Thanks,

Ken

Last edited by Ken Long; 03-19-2013 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: Spelling error
Ken Long is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now I am not familure with the APS nor really knowledgeable on rc helis but to me it sounds like a miss in calibration values or a mix you may mistakenly have in your radio. check your servo position indications on your radio make sure when you toggle the switch to turn on your aps that the servos are not getting told to move by the controller. If everything looks good in your radio. try looking into calibrations.
Since no one has said anything I thought I would at least give you the idea of the things i would check my self.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I might be on to something, albeit a better test is required.

I found that my c of g was way back. Added about 40-50g to the front a had a quick semi auto takeoff test in my garden - Heli appeared not to move much. My garden is too small for a better test and the UK weather has been crap since, so once we get a reasonable day I will try again and report back.

If the c of g was the culprit, it does show that the APS has very little correction power though
Ken Long is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
aps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in