Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Glow

MA Glow Miniature Aircraft Glow Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2004, 01:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Tempest ball link sizing

I am wondering if most people ream these MA Tempest links to size, or are they good from the box? I have a few that seem a little tight, but not bad. Is it possible to just let them seat in themselfs? I also have the JR link sizing tool, but wanted to ask as material cant be put back :O( Thanks!
Todd Marsh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2004, 06:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have never sized any of mine, and have yet to have any problems. And I have built a few Fury's. All fly great. I wouldn't mess with them. let them run a bit, and all will be well.
Buzzin Brian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2004, 07:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

never bothered on any of mine. they wer ealways pretty good right off the bat.
Spitfire_mk5 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2004, 07:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hi Todd,

I have built kits where all the balls fit great; I have also built kits where some of the balls fit tight to very tight. When my links fit tight on the balls I squeeze them with some flat jawed pliers while there on the ball, this expands them so they fit correctly. I don’t recommend reaming your links
Russ McC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2004, 09:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Todd,
Russ has the correct procedure for the MA ball links as well as most other brand ball links. The ball links have some flashing in them from the molding process. By taking some flat jaw pliers and squeezing the ball link while installed on the ball. This flashing will be collapsed and then the ball link is silky smooth. That is the way I have adjusted the ball links for smooth movement the last several years when it is needed.

David
DavidH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2004, 10:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I appreciate all the replys, and I am glad I asked now! THANKS!
Old 04-21-2004, 12:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Russ, you were absolutely correct! I was very careful and simply pinched each link with the smooth part on my ball-link pliars. I could not BELIEVE how smooth they were, instantly.

Someone should make a pair of pliars that are smooth on the inner grip of the pliar, but have the impression of the outer sides of a ball-link on the insides, so the pliars slipping around on the link woundnt be a issue, and you could get a much more uniform pressure pinch, arount the entire ball/link. Thanks again, you method was super quick and left PERFECT results! I think I will size my ball links before even threading them onto the shafts in the future, by simply popping a ball into the link and giving them a little 'pinch'.

Now if only the MA Tempest fans came balanced in the box. :wink:
Old 04-22-2004, 12:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

Cool Todd, and good idea
Russ McC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in