Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 800 Class Helicopters

800 Class Helicopters 800 Class Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2015, 10:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default castle 160 wiring

my 800e dfc pro is ready except to the connectors on my ESC the 160 has 8 gauge wire coming out of it looks like the EC5 are not big enough. Can someone give me some idea what type of connectors they are using. Also the connectors they sent with the kit is to small to fit the connectors for my motor. Any suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!

esc
sethb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2015, 06:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The EC5 connectors will work on the ESC side. I just tinned them and dremelled some meat off. I changed the motor bullets out to to EC5 also, as I thought the ones in the kit were too small for this application.
Bonkievan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2015, 07:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for your post after spending about a hour i have found out i can get them to work, however i'm going to have to use ec5 on the motor side also as you have. The ec5 connector on my motor seems to be a little loose when connected did you have this issue and if so how did you solve the problem? Thanks again for the help and the quick post,
Old 01-26-2015, 09:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

From memory, mine were not loose. However, I know there are different makes of EC5's so maybe there are some tolerance discrepancies in the bullets between manufactures? I got mine from Hobbyking.
Bonkievan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2015, 01:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks again for the post I also noticed that the EC5 were rated for a 120 ESC and they suggest using 6.5 castle end for the 160 ESC. Due you think the EC5 will have any problem handling the current from the 850 dominator motor on the 800e

Thanks again..
Old 02-02-2015, 04:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethb View Post
Thanks again for the post I also noticed that the EC5 were rated for a 120 ESC and they suggest using 6.5 castle end for the 160 ESC. Due you think the EC5 will have any problem handling the current from the 850 dominator motor on the 800e

Thanks again..
If i look at the Deans connectors that Alan is using (
Alan Szabo Jr. ALIGN Trex 800E DFC 850MX Dominator GPRO 9/28/2014 (4 min 17 sec)
- 0:08-0:10) i can only laugh about your comment.
Don't get me wrong, you are right, bigger is better! I'm using EC5 too. But Alan flies with connectors rated @70amps (just wondering that they don't melt away) so there is nothing wrong with EC5's on my oppinion.
Old 01-01-2016, 02:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bonkievan.
Just want make sure I understand.
The EC5 brass pieces are used in place of the stock connectors, then covered by heat shrink right? Also read that it is a good idea to snip the facory tinning off and retin with the same solder being used to attach the connctors.
TIA
1340 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in