Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba 14MZ - 12Z

Futaba 14MZ - 12Z Futaba 14MZ and 12Z Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 01:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 14MZ - Calibrate touch screen, that really enhanced precision and speed

Hi,

I just wanted to tell that on my 14MZ a calibration of the touch screen really was positive for both precision and speed of the touch screen. I did not know that it could improve like this. It was another person that has a 14MZ also that mentioned this when I told him I thought my display was starting to get bad since it was hard to get a reaction while pressing on the screen. He told me to calibrate the touch screen and it really helped. So if you have similar symptoms I had try it: System menu -> Display -> Touch screen, "Cal." button and have the Futaba"rubber pen" ready to use (it will be 5 " + " you will press on, in center and in corners).

/Bo
bossee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2010, 04:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy

Didn't do sqwat for mine :-( mine has been bad since I bought it 2006. The only let down this radio has IMO. I had better just keep my mouth shut about the distributor here in Sweden as that type of language is not appropriate for this forum. I wonder why only stateside pilots seem to get there screens replaced by Futaba, especially considering the amount of money this thing costs!!
Old 12-23-2010, 12:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got mine replaced through the Danish distributor, free of charge...

Last edited by dkpodder; 12-23-2010 at 12:37 AM.. Reason: typo
dkpodder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2010, 07:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Touch panel NG for 5 years now!

Bought mine also in 2006 after waiting 1 year for them to get the bugs out However my screen has been bad since day one and I will probably finally send it in for the hopefully free replacement. They can also change me over to the new better pots even though mine are currently fine.

I probably "calibrated" the screen dozens of times but by now it is even hard to do that.Sometimes it seems to get locked into that screen because when I push the spot I am supposed to it doesn't respond to seeing it!

My screen touch panel is at the poiint now where it will "stick" and move the numbers all the way to max when I use some of the right side "buttons".

My 14mz is still a great TX thogh even though it is about $1000 overpriced! I figure it is going to cost me $40 or more to ship it insured which I am not looking forward to! For what I paid for it I shouldn't have this problem.......especially from Futaba who has been my exclusive TX manufacturer since 1980!

Michael
hpilotrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkpodder View Post
Got mine replaced through the Danish distributor, free of charge...
How come it is free in everywhere and it is chargeable in Singapore? it is US$400 to change the screen. Rip off?

http://nitro-magic.blogspot.com
TmMugen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2011, 01:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs down

Futaba wants money in Sweden too. I will be ditching Futaba next time because of service issues. Not one Futaba office I have tried to contact will even answer mail.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi,

Sorry You had bad experince with no Futaba office answer Your e-mails. However I had excellent experience with the Swedish Futaba service center (that the Swedish distributor of Futaba use). I have phoned him and he phoned me when he needed to ask me something when service my 14MZ. I have never tried e-mails, when I need service for my 14MZ I just send it in with a description what I want to be done and it has worked just fine.

/Bo
bossee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2011, 09:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Guess what? The price difference in the 14MZ is a whopping US$800!! between Singapore authorized channel and USA!!

Rip off!!

http://nitro-magic.blogspot.com
TmMugen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2011, 06:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 14mz Touch Screen replacement...

The only thing that will enhance the precision and speed of the 14mz's touch screen is to have it replaced with a new one! Then hopefully they will also do the stick potentiometers also at no charge.

Now I only need the slightest touch anywhere on the screen!

I was lucky enough to get all this done at no charge here in the USA.......but it wasn't easy.....on my 5 year old transmitter.

Michael
hpilotrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in