Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2008, 01:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Progress Report

Hi everyone

Who thinks it would be good to use this thread for new pilots to post their progress, milestones, setbacks and triumphs?

A someone who has only been flying for a couple of months I know that the inspiration I have received from other learners who are more advanced than I, has been invaluable.

To see someone else succeed in something you are attempting can really help give you the confidence to persist.

Also problems shared can help overcome discouragement
Ian 777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2008, 01:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I agree Ian, totally. It's nice to know that even the aces have their moments, and equally that the newbies are getting better. BTW, methinks I will be going the opposite way after the 6 or so weeks during which I will be grounded, but keeping up to date with you guys sort of helps me stay sane, in an insane sort of way!!!!!!!! Just cannot wait to get back into it.

Mike
Futaba 14SG,
helihathnofury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2008, 02:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Cheers Mike

Reading about Grants first loop and seeing Brian throwing his T.rex round the skies above Bhagdad really spurs me on to do it as well. I bet Brian will be pushing himself to follow Grants aerobatics,

This healthy competition will help everyone improve. I suppose I should keep a diary really to make sure I keep getting better.

Is going be six weeks before you fly your heli again Mike, how long before you fly a 777?
if its longer you can get loads of flying in to make up

I do feel for you mate, hope it heals really well

I just stripped my tail belt pinion by sticking the tail rotor into a soft lump on the field when landing with a slight backwards drift. I've got to wait for a replacement for aday or so....

Ian
Old 04-10-2008, 02:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I feel for you to mike, I am stuck in Kuwait with no heli until next weekend I do at least have the sim but I still need to rebuild my heli when I get back after it's frame snapping nose dive! Have built a stock belt but need to get on and do mine along with the dts mod.

Which hand is out of action? Do you have a sim, as with my Phoenix you can do various practices and setup to just use the right stick, so at least you could do that if it is your left one that is bust
[B][COLOR="Blue"]
psilo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2008, 03:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Gerd

What nosedive? Where is it posted?
Old 04-10-2008, 03:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well guys, I cannot use the thumb of my right hand, so not able to use any form of controller at all - have tried. And no 777 for probably 6 weeks from now too. But as ever I am hopeful of an "early than expected mend", so that I can get back to both types of flying. Hell i miss both!!!! On the positive side, Iit has been a week already, and I reassembled my Belts' plastic head this evening, albeit very long-windedly; was embarrassing at times, but i did it!!!!! Next, refit the pitch servo on the DTS mod to give longer horn movement.....
All the best guys, and thanks,

Mike

Futaba 14SG,
Old 04-10-2008, 03:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You having fun in Q8, Gerd? Am having an extra beer for you whilst watching first round of The Masters!!!!!!!

Hic, cheers!!!!!

Mike
Futaba 14SG,
Old 04-10-2008, 03:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

PS Got fed up on the "other" forum , and told them to grow up, stop being so touchy and not treat it like a kindergarten playground. Needless to say, it was removed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike
Futaba 14SG,
Old 04-11-2008, 12:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by helihathnofury View Post
PS Got fed up on the "other" forum , and told them to grow up, stop being so touchy and not treat it like a kindergarten playground. Needless to say, it was removed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike
Will they never learn .
Old 04-11-2008, 04:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well, doesn't bother me, as all the "good guys" have defected over here anyway. Do sympathise to a degree with the moderators - but only to a degree!!!!!!! After all, I am only interested in Belt stuff, so why should I have to keep swapping and changing instead of keeping an "interesting" set of threads going?

Keep it up boys [not a euphamism!!]

Lol

Mike
Futaba 14SG,
Old 04-11-2008, 02:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thing is Mike it's so much better to deal with real people than cold facts, it puts all the knowledge and info in context.

I do wonder though If we need to keep certain threads for socialializing etc. I don't mean exclusively,
but mixed in with all the poo at the other site was a valid point about confusing the info threads and making them hard to find the pertinent bits when you needed to sort something.

I say this as one of the chief culprits. I want to have a great laugh with my mates, to share their triumphs and setbacks, and to get really good at flying helicopters. this forum can provide all that. We have an absolute wealth of expert knowlege and a bunch of interesting articulate and fairly excentric people here

What are your views
Old 04-11-2008, 03:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi guy's

Perhaps we can ask our moderators piont of view on this matter. I believe they are the best persons to give us advise in keeping this forum pleasurable for every one (we do tend to hijack alot )

Just my 2 cents
Old 04-11-2008, 04:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by helihathnofury View Post
You having fun in Q8, Gerd? Am having an extra beer for you whilst watching first round of The Masters!!!!!!!

Hic, cheers!!!!!

Mike
Hey Mike,

I am enjoying it here, 1st time in middle east so quite an adventure. Just wish I could have a beer . There was a dust devil here earlier which was mental, sand everywhere even in the apartment! Then massive thunderstorms.

Cheers

Gerd
[B][COLOR="Blue"]
Old 04-11-2008, 04:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian 777 View Post
Hi Gerd

What nosedive? Where is it posted?
It was posted on the other forum, 1st time doing circuits without the training gear on and lost orientation when sun got in my eyes, although thinking about it I think not having the training gear may have contributed as I think I used them a lot in guaging the position of the heli.

Anyway, nose dived in to the ground from about 30 feet, snapped the frame on both sides

Stripped down now with all parts waiting at home for me to rebuild.
[B][COLOR="Blue"]
Old 04-11-2008, 06:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ber60 View Post
Hi guy's

Perhaps we can ask our moderators piont of view on this matter. I believe they are the best persons to give us advise in keeping this forum pleasurable for every one (we do tend to hijack alot )

Just my 2 cents
I know Dierwolf suggested keeping Chit chat to the Belt CP owners thread but that seems to have slipped.

I Think it ought to be easy enough to self regulate, it's fairly clear which threads are addressing serious issues and we should respect that.

Feel free to use this thread for 'banter' If any one has 'progress to report ' I'm sure it will still be received by an appreciative audience.

Sorry about your crash Gerd they do fly much better without the training gear though dont they? I nearly did the same thing a couple of days ago when I flew through the sun at speed, fortunately I remembered that the heli knows how to fly on its own and waited till I could see it again before giving any control input
Old 04-11-2008, 06:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've been to Q8 quite a few times over the years, once when it was a coot 56C!!! Not my fav place in the ME. Bet you are missing your copter. You will have to have 7UP to comiserate!!!!!! Will give you a passing thought Sat pm when down at rugby club with pals, getting into some John Smiths!!!!!!!! And I cant drive home either!!!!!!!!

Yummy!!!!!!!

Take care out there.

Mike
Futaba 14SG,
Old 04-13-2008, 03:55 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Brilliant

Beautiful clear still morning, dived out of bed grabbed the belt ran and jumped over the garden fence into the field and flew it. Only got 2 bateries cause one puffed up after i stuck the tail in some mud a few days ago, but what a lovely little machine it is. I know I keep going on about it but It thrills me every time I take it up. Also my tentative grasp on orientation keeps my heart in my mouth till Iv'e put a few batteries through it though.

Today was the calmest I've flown in and It really revealled just how smooth and precise my heli is with CopterX head and tail and DTS mod. Was mainly practicing large slow controled figure 8's and with the smooth stable movement of the heli it gives the impression of being much larger than it is

Please post your experiences

Ian
Old 04-13-2008, 07:17 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Was doing figure of 8s last night, but think it was the beer!!!!!!!!
Futaba 14SG,
Old 04-14-2008, 02:20 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've put another 4 batteries through the EXI today (belt is still smashed) and tried doing quite a few more loops in the morning during the really still wind and warm sun. I was doing well with some nice smooth loops. Then the weather went bad, raining and lots of breezy weather so after general flying/nose in hovering etc for the next 2 batteries i went back home. Then about an hour ago things looked nice bright and quiet so went back out and got my freind to video it on his mobile. As soon as we got there, the sun went in and the wid came out! About 25+mph, maybe more. Anyway i thought sod it and flew the entire battery doing large loops, tight flips, barrel rolls and some 10-15 second inverted hovers, 2 of them only about 15ft high! a little twitchy but i did it!!!
Hopefully my freind will put the video on you-tube in the next day or two for me.
I hope to be doing controlled inverted hovers head height within the next 2 weeks.
I'll keep you updated, but i may need to invest in a video camera
Old 04-15-2008, 04:59 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice one mate I'm so impressed and envious at your rapid improvment

How much was your Exi by the way seeing DierWolf's has made me consider one for my next heli.

I will try to come and see you in Derby as it is only 15 miles away Got any plans to do fighting helicopters?

Look forwards to the vid.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in