Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Upgraded to brushless today

Went with the c05 motor with a xp-7a steve converter.. I was considering hp05 but I've heard horror stories with v2 boards (which is what I happen to have) so I decided to go with the most mild choice available..

Hooked everything up and went out for a test flight, at first I was disappointed with the power, it was way weaker than my stock brushed motor... Then I realized that I some hows grabbed one of my uncharged batteries

Grabbed a fresh pack plugged it in, and I was more than pleasantly surprised. fly's solid with the V2 board. Not TOO much power, but substantially more. Flips and rolls on a dime.

Only bad thing about this is that my nano techs run dry substantially quicker.. I may just have to pick up some hyperion 550's

now I just need to get my hands on a v1 board so I can throw on something even more powerful

AR90 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

i say try the hpo5 with the v2 , i am running it on the v2 and several others are with great success
Old 03-10-2012, 12:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar78 View Post
i say try the hpo5 with the v2 , i am running it on the v2 and several others are with great success
Yeah, I'm gonna try my hp05s with my v2 board when it comes back from DudeInMyrtleBeach.

Paired up with the XP-7A ESC running Steffen's code (which includes governing, for those that don't know), the HP05s can be tamed down as far as you'd like. The goal is to be able to run it on a v2 board at or above 80% RPM. But if the v2 won't play nice, I'll lower the head speed til it does. The nice thing about governed mode is you still have all the torque available; the governor will add power as blade angle is increased to keep the head speed constant. So even if you end up having to run, say, 70% RPM to keep the v2 board happy, you'll still have all the torque on tap that the motor can produce at that RPM.

OP, you might want to consider taking a look here. Since you already have the xp-7a, you could program it with Steffen's BLHeli code, and try stepping up to an HP05s with your v2, adjusting the RPM to whatever is needed to get the v2 board to play nice. You also get the added benefit of being able to remove your separate convertor; no Steve or AEO convertor is needed once you load the BLHeli code on your xp-7a.

Steffen's code has the potential to really open the door to successful BL conversions for v2 guys.
SuperBee364 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2012, 02:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I will definitely look into that superbee, thanks!

AR90 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in