Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 10:13 PM   #381 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshinn View Post
Can't believe I just dropped close to $1500 on this thing & now have to drop another $20-60 to get it right, To top it off, I can't even find the parts available in the States.

Not good Align!

This should have been a voluntary recall on Align's part
If you bought the kit recently, I know a lot of hobby stores are including the new black tail gears with the kit. It wouldn't hurt to ask the shop you got it from.
skyrotor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 10:54 PM   #382 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by msallua View Post
Hi,

The new main gear is mounted correctly but still remains very tight, after doing some tests without the blades I have some white residue on top of the main gear, this is normal in the first tests?

The new transmission is hot after the first tests

Is this normal ?
Yes the gear needs to wear in. After a few flights it will go away after the mesh loosens a little
Richie Sabin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #383 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can someone please explain the significance of the 110 vs 112 main gear and the 21 vs 22 tail drive gear. They have both options in the new black gear. Im about ready to make my purchase but can't decide.

RIP Roman Pirozek Jr. 1/11/94 - 9/5/2013
johnjonfenomenon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 11:22 AM   #384 (permalink)
Registered Users

I didn't notice different teeth counts when I ordered... I'll see what I receive tomorrow, I expect the ratio to be the same as on the stock one, here's what I got :

http://www.fxmodelrc.com/H70G005XX-P...nt-T-rex-700E/

I also got the other two parts for the front black gears, but I don't think I'll use them... I don't plan to use my 700E as a wood cutting machine.

Whatever, didn't have any issue with the stock setup, so in doubt I'll just leave it as is.
HarveyR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #385 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman09201 View Post
Yes the gear needs to wear in. After a few flights it will go away after the mesh loosens a little
Thank you!
Old 12-28-2012, 01:02 PM   #386 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Boycott Align?

I have a 700 DFC on order through my local hobby shop. I called Assurance to find out if kits shipped in the past 7-10 days have the updated tail parts. I was informed they DO NOT and will not. You must pay extra to purchase the updated parts!?!?!?

This is a very serious issue and I think Align, as well as Assurance, is grossly underestimating the liability they face when one of their machines fail; causing injury or death.

I have cancelled my order with the hobby shop and asked them to return the kit. This is not an issue of money. $20 to $100 doesn't make or break any of us. This is an issue of a manufacturer NOT taking responsibility for a defective product. Worse... they don't care what happens to their customers.

SHAME ON YOU ALIGN & ASSURANCE!!!
XSNSX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #387 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrotor View Post
If you bought the kit recently, I know a lot of hobby stores are including the new black tail gears with the kit. It wouldn't hurt to ask the shop you got it from.
Being the moron I am, I ordered it online.........and am getting the CS you would expect.

Live & learn.
bshinn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 07:38 PM   #388 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjonfenomenon View Post
Can someone please explain the significance of the 110 vs 112 main gear and the 21 vs 22 tail drive gear. They have both options in the new black gear. Im about ready to make my purchase but can't decide.

I think there is a difference between the DFC electric and DFC nitro gearing. I know the front tt gear set had a different version for each model.
mstenbo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 12:21 AM   #389 (permalink)
Registered Users

This store sells the 700DFC with free upgraded tail parts and free batteries as well. My buddy got one from them recently. I think depot includes them as well.

http://www.aligntrexstore.com/T-REX-...1X_p_2232.html
skyrotor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 12:34 AM   #390 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjonfenomenon View Post
Read the description...

?Use for T-REX 700E.

?Front drive gear assembly x 1(22T)
(?5x?7.8x53mm) Modulus:1
?Short umbrella gear (24T) x 1
?Long umbrella gear x 1

?Use for T-REX 700N.

?Front drive gear assembly x 1(21T)
(?5x?7.8x53mm) Modulus:1
?Short umbrella gear (24T) x 1
?Long umbrella gear x 1

?Precision CNC machined module 1 main gear for minimal noise and high energy transfer efficiency.
?Use for T-REX 700N/E 800E.
?Must with Motor Pinion Helical Gear 12T/M1(H70062).

?CNC M1 Slant Thread Main drive gear(112T) x 1
?Weight:64g

?Precision CNC machined module 1 main gear for minimal noise and high energy transfer efficiency.
?Use for T-REX 700E/800E. Must with H60225 Motor Pinion Helical Gear 13T

?CNC M1 Slant Thread Main drive gear(110T) x 1
?Weight:64g
AMA #1039539
ddj74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #391 (permalink)
Registered Users

If anyone else is encountering the same problem as I had with the new tail shaft having side to side play, I found a fix for it. It is the Kyosho 96046 6x8mm shim set. It comes packaged with several of each thickness (.1, .2, and .3mm thick) shims. My tail needed a .1mm thick shim to eliminate any play and get the gear mesh perfectly smooth. As I recall, it's somewhere around $5.00.

Amain Hobbies Team Rep
rcflyerheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #392 (permalink)
Registered Users

The tail shaft issue is resolved with the new gears? Mine are ordered up. Thank you all.

Whatever became of the 'cupped washer' issue- does that matter anymore?
MaceH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #393 (permalink)
Registered Users

For the most part, yes. Reports are good, and my setup was good on the maiden last weekend. The washers have been replaced by harder, thicker washers and hence shouldn't cup any longer.
T-Rex 700 HV DFC w/VBar, Kosmik 200 & KDE700XF - My muscle heli
HFMan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 12:18 AM   #394 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyerheli View Post
If anyone else is encountering the same problem as I had with the new tail shaft having side to side play, I found a fix for it. It is the Kyosho 96046 6x8mm shim set. It comes packaged with several of each thickness (.1, .2, and .3mm thick) shims. My tail needed a .1mm thick shim to eliminate any play and get the gear mesh perfectly smooth. As I recall, it's somewhere around $5.00.
I'm also not excited about the mesh I ended up with after installing the new gears. It definitely has some roughness to it. There is perhaps the tiniest amount of play in the shaft. I haven't had a chance to spin it up yet but I don't expect good results given how the mesh feels.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:22 AM   #395 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The mesh on the new tail gears is a little tight but they will wear in nicely after 2 flights. You won't notice it in your flights
Richie Sabin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #396 (permalink)
Registered Users

I only found the mesh tight in the instance where the tail shaft was loose. When I added the .1mm (for the first one, and .2mm for the second one), and reassembled the tail box, the mesh was smooth as glass. Also, I did not over shim so that it forced the tail shaft gear away from the umbrella gear.

If I moved the tail shaft by hand before I put the shims in, as soon as I backed the shaft tight against the bearing on the bevel gear side, all roughness disappeared, and when I let it go, the roughness returned. After installing the shim, the tail box went perfectly together and the shim moved the shaft back just enough to remove any roughness and stop the play.

FWIW, there was a thread on this very subject a while back on the 600 heli and the shim setup worked perfectly in that case to remove the play. I've got at least a couple hundred flights on it and no loosness has returned.

Amain Hobbies Team Rep
Old 01-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #397 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep, that's pretty much the same way mine is. If I push it back toward the bearing on the gear side, it's relatively smooth. In the end, I just went ahead and flew it today. The vbar vibe log didn't show any significant vibrations and it flew just fine.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #398 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 700 DFC tail issue

I was finally able to fly mine today after installing my new tail drivetrain. V-bar logs were a lot better but, the end play in the tail shaft was enough that it caused a tail wag with no stick input. I am now waiting on a shim set from A-Main. I can't wait to really be able to fly this bird to its edge with confidence. It's been a long wait, hopefully it's finally over after my shims get here.
JesseRigg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 11:43 PM   #399 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine is ready for its maiden. If I can just get the weather to cooperate. I suppose all you northern fliers will call me a wimp, but it's hard to fly when your hands are shaking with cold.

Amain Hobbies Team Rep
Old 01-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #400 (permalink)
Registered Users

side to side is normal that is the thrust bearings at work, if you over shim it the bearings will lock up causing other problems like a vib or worse.

also the tail gears should run smooth with a tick of play in and out play this is in an unloaded on the beach once you spool up the gears will load and run smooth, if you over shim the gears in the tail box and preload them the load when flying will cause them to run tight, just how i set my tail up and never had an issue if you are doing it different and its working for you then thats fine just a different approach to the tail

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in