Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > JR Helicopters > JR Forza 700

JR Forza 700 JR Forza 700 Helicopters Discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2014, 04:14 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

I put the swash outside ( -5c ), for 15min. And it the inner ball whas almost complete stuck, just as my swash.
Took it inside, and after 10min the ball moved free again..

It seems its the inner part of the swash. The black hard plastic that sists against the swash ball clamps on the swash ball when cold.

I used a heatgun on the swash and the inner ball got very loose, then I left it in the cold, and it sized up again.
So the material in the swash seems very senstive to temp change.

The swash on my E8 is another type of design. I dont think It has this inner plastic part that you find on the Forza swash..[/QUOTE]

This is all 100% correct.
Now add in the wind chill of the blades and it's a recipe for disaster.
If you have the ability of data logging on your esc, take a look at what was happening during the flight where it started shaking. It'll make ya , I know it did me.
rodo1268 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2014, 07:11 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Obviously there is something here that needs to be looked into by JR, but for guys that have other 700's does it look like a swash from another bird or an aftermarket one will fit?
Old 12-21-2014, 07:53 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I just measured ours just now. Not super accurately but it does appear that the align trex 700 nitro one would work. That would all depend on if the ball with the alignment rod on it has the same threads as the Trex. That I didn't take apart to see. Its only difference that I can see is the direction the balls to the head face out on the trex and the fr is at 90 degrees. I thnk it will work tho if anyone can verifiy the threads
Old 12-21-2014, 09:07 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Team JR has fallen eerily silent. Please at least tell us this is being seriously investigated. Even though I don't own my Forza anymore, I'm still concerned with the safety of others, and this is a SERIOUS safety issue. You don't want blood on your hands.
Old 12-22-2014, 12:34 AM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think LaDon responded to you about two hours before you posted this:

"Team JR has fallen eerily silent. Please at least tell us this is being seriously investigated. Even though I don't own my Forza anymore, I'm still concerned with the safety of others, and this is a SERIOUS safety issue. You don't want blood on your hands."

I will pass the information on to those above me in Team JR.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:44 AM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well it seems that JR whas listening:

( use google translate )

http://www.jrpropo.com/jpn/news/contents.php?no=3002
Old 12-22-2014, 07:02 AM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well crap my phone won't translate it. I will have to wait till I am off work
Old 12-22-2014, 07:36 AM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

It seems to say if your swash is affected to send them in to JR for adjustment.
TheKingPhisher is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2014, 09:39 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

I missed that. Awesome JR. Thanks for responding!
Old 12-22-2014, 10:22 AM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is the use of red loctite everywhere absolutely necessary?
I rather use blue which allow me to take things apart if needed.
Coolheli is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2014, 10:31 AM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

About swash plate for FORZA700

December 22, 2014

FORZA700 It is a guide for the kit and FORZA700 swash plate of the rotor head (SYE12). If the outside temperature is flight at low (5 ℃ or less) location, you might swash plate movement (slope) is astringent. Please send if applicable will be asked to confirm the helicopter division. I will return to after the re-adjustment. [Shipping] # 88343 FORZA700 assembly kit # 88350 FORZA700 motor & with amplifier kit # 88349 FORZA700 with servo kit # 88348 FORZA700 start set # 84051 FORZA700 rotor head (SYE12) [inquiry destination] Tel.0598-26-9909 Hours 9:00 ~ 12: 00/13: 00 ~ 17:30 (except Saturdays, Sundays and holidays and our holiday) Yubinbango515-0063 Mie Prefecture Matsusaka Okuroda 35 address-cho, Japan remote control helicopter, Inc. Division " FORZA700 swash plate adjustment hope "line shipping cost to send to ※ We will be borne by the customer.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:11 AM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

"Is the use of red loctite everywhere absolutely necessary?
I rather use blue which allow me to take things apart if needed."

JR's red locktite (which comes with the kit) is the equivalent of blue locktite in the U.S. (it can be removed).
JR's green locktite is the equivalent of our red (more difficult to remove).
Old 12-22-2014, 11:23 AM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem View Post
"Is the use of red loctite everywhere absolutely necessary?
I rather use blue which allow me to take things apart if needed."

JR's red locktite (which comes with the kit) is the equivalent of blue locktite in the U.S. (it can be removed).
JR's green locktite is the equivalent of our red (more difficult to remove).
Thank you.
I better get cracking, there is no excuse now.
Coolheli is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2014, 11:39 AM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wounder how a "adjusted" swash for cold temp will be on a hot summer day?

If my theroy is correct its the thermal contraction and expansion of the material in the swash that is the problem.
If you adjust so the inner ball is "ok" in -5c then I think it will be very loose on a hot summer day..

I tested this with a heatgun. I heated up the swash so it whas "warm" to the touch. And the inner ball whas very loose. And then at -3 it whas stuck..

Hmm im not 100% sure this is the correct way to "fix" this issue..
A redesigned swash would be offered as a "upgrade".

But nevertheless I have sent in my swash to JR. I will preform some test on the "new" adjusted swash when I get it..
Old 12-22-2014, 12:08 PM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the term "adjusted" is just a lost in translation thing. They might disassemble the swash and replace the part that contracts under temperature changes with a part that doesn't contract as much.
TheKingPhisher is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2014, 12:17 PM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPhisher View Post
I think the term "adjusted" is just a lost in translation thing. They might disassemble the swash and replace the part that contracts under temperature changes with a part that doesn't contract as much.
You are probably right. I hope so..
Old 12-22-2014, 12:48 PM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree with both statements. Anything short of a material refit would be disappointing.
Old 12-22-2014, 02:21 PM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

The red they send it is not the same. I had to rebuild a start of a forza for a friend and he used red that come with the kit. I had to grind some of the heads off the bolts to get it apart. One I even gave up on and had to drill a new hole next to the other one because heating it was impossible without ruining the carbon. I used regular blue on all of the bolts on both helis and have had zero bolts come loose on both forzas that I have. Now also that is from me doing this on tearing his Heli apart. Basically because it was built in the wrong order and not from hearsay that they wouldn't come out. I pretty much ruined every one of the bolts to get it apart. One thing about it tho the Heli won't come apart
Old 12-22-2014, 02:44 PM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDon View Post
The red they send it is not the same. I had to rebuild a start of a forza for a friend and he used red that come with the kit. I had to grind some of the heads off the bolts to get it apart. One I even gave up on and had to drill a new hole next to the other one because heating it was impossible without ruining the carbon. I used regular blue on all of the bolts on both helis and have had zero bolts come loose on both forzas that I have. Now also that is from me doing this on tearing his Heli apart. Basically because it was built in the wrong order and not from hearsay that they wouldn't come out. I pretty much ruined every one of the bolts to get it apart. One thing about it tho the Heli won't come apart
Sounds like a pile. Did you try heat? I'd rather burn some stuff than turn it to swiss cheese.

JaggedEdge is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2014, 05:19 PM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry I told you about my experience dude. I wont do it again. It is too bad a guy cant help anyone anymore. Oh and by the way it isn't swiss cheese either. If I didn't point it out you prolly wouldn't even find it. That is why I cut the bolts and put in new so I didn't ruin the carbon frames or the alum peices

Last edited by LaDon; 12-22-2014 at 08:29 PM..
LaDon is offline        Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in