Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > JR Helicopters

JR Helicopters JR Forza, Vibe and Vigor Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2014, 06:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default First JR heli in route but I am in need of advice!

Just wanted to see what you guys are using for 3s lipos c-rating and mah? Also what spares or parts are usually smart to get off the rip and where is the cheapest stock(Helidirect?) I can't seem to find any canopy options other than the stock one and it's a high priced little guy! Is there many or any other brands of canopies out there and where? I am sorry for all the rookie questions but my first JR or non Align/Blade heli and I want to start out right without many headaches so what are some good tips to getting in the air without eating dirt due to a setup or adjustment mistake? Last question I swear is the mini Tags easy to get started with or does it require a bunch of preflight adjustments when you first get the BNF setup? I do know one thing at $299 it was half of the cost of my Align DFC plus I sold due to dislike of the 3GXmrs and the T6 transmitter I bought not to mention the vibration I had to troubleshoot all the time! Any advice or info on having a good/fun initial first flights with a new Forza 450 BNF? THANKS!
savannahmick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2014, 08:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree about the canopy, it's over priced. The only places I know of to get parts is JR Americas and RC Japan. RC Japan has the best stock and competitive prices even when shipping from Japan. Using a credit card to order things out of the country makes me a little apprehensive but it seemed to go fine for me, the parts came from Japan to the US in 4 or 5 days, impressive. Since you got the combo kit the build should go easy. The only issue your likely to have is a binding tail slider, after some experimentation I settled on using red lock tight to hold the screws in place with out tightening them too much. There where also a few places on the frame that need to be filed down, luckily I had a file small enough for the job. As for batteries I'm using 3s 25c 2200mAh Spider packs from Progressive RC. Some of the high C rated packs I looked at speced out at almost 200 grams, I suspect this would make the heli nose heavy. The Spider packs are light at 164g and supposedly when Progressive says 25c they actually are 25c. They don't seem to be running to warm to me, although I don't run very high head speeds. As for head speed I would recommend getting a 14 tooth pinion. The stock 15 tooth pinion gears the heli very high. I'm currently running 2800, 3000, and 3200 rpm for head speed, 2800 is pretty slow and 3200 is fast enough for me. Now for some potentially bad news, I assume you got the kit with the Mini TAGS FBL unit. It is my understanding that the Mini TAGS only works with JR DMSS radios, so unless you have one of those you may be out of luck with the FBL unit. I still have some tuning to do but when I get around to it I plan on doing a short build/comments post on my new Forza 450. Good Luck

Lucas
Staub is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2014, 08:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hey great info and I will be ordering a xg6 DMSS tommorow since it's the only Jr TX with DMSS under $300! I found a new xg6 for $170 shipped so that is my only option at the moment because I have been spending a lot of $$ getting the heli and I bought a TX that will not work before I decided to get the full bnf heli with the TAGS unit and I almost got the heli and motor only but if bought cheap servos, fbl unit, and esc it still cost more than $299 so I sold my brand new FlySky th9x before I even used it! I was just a little scared of having to do a full setup from scratch with products that are not the best. I am going to have about $500 in the heli and TX for what I got you can't beat it really! I paid that much for my first heli the Align plus DFC with the t6 TX! Thanks for the info and advice!
Old 12-09-2014, 08:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh yeah Heli Pro Shop has a decent selection of forza parts! Check it out! I think it is a Canadian shop but has warehouses in the US!
Old 12-09-2014, 10:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought one of the $149 kits for spare parts. I figure 1 good crash can cost more than that to buy the pieces separately.

I'm using Glacier 2600mAh 30C batteries with the 450EX canopy. These don't fit the stock canopy. A buddy showed me trick to get the wires to fit. Put the battery in with the wires toward the swash and fold them back on the side of the battery and hold them with the velcro strap. Either canopy can be a little tough to get on the posts. It helps to put a drop of light oil on the inside of the canopy grommets so they slide on easier.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-12-09 22.07.51.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	555030
EngSteve is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2014, 10:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngSteve View Post
I bought one of the $149 kits for spare parts. I figure 1 good crash can cost more than that to buy the pieces separately.

Attachment 555030
Exact same thoughts, have also got a whole spare kit in the cupboard, price is to good to pass up while it lasts!
burbler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2014, 07:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I got a new XG6 TX/RX for $I20 am getting a 450 motor/frame for parts also!

I hope that The JR XG6 is a decent TX cause I got one in route for a awesome price new for $120 to go with the BNF Forza 450 that I received today! Anyone using the XG6 with their 450 Forza/TAGS mini combo? I do like the kit so far but just started sanding frame and building it! Any info, advice ,or tips on the XG6 setup with a mini TAGS? Thanks!
Old 12-12-2014, 10:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's the setup PDF if you haven't seen it... gives you all the settings you need for XG6/Forza

http://www.jrpropo.com/english/dl/de...&db_flg=eng_dl
pigpen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2014, 01:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default JR Forza 450 battery option

I'm using Thunder Power 3S 2250mAH batteries in my Forza 450. I've found that if you don't use the velcro strips you can use these batteries with some room to spare. The batteries are held in place with the battery strap and the frame step near the head end along with the slim canopy will keep the battery from moving fore and aft.
SDedic214 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2014, 04:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes sir I found that in the box yesterday when it arrived but I am glad you sent the link so I can have a PDF copy on my smartphone! Thanks for the info!
Old 12-12-2014, 06:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannahmick View Post
I hope that The JR XG6 is a decent TX cause I got one in route for a awesome price new for $120 to go with the BNF Forza 450 that I received today! Anyone using the XG6 with their 450 Forza/TAGS mini combo? I do like the kit so far but just started sanding frame and building it! Any info, advice ,or tips on the XG6 setup with a mini TAGS? Thanks!
Was that $120 from a store/online retailer, or a private seller?
torpicaltrail is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2014, 07:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

It was a private seller on Ebay and he only had one that he bought and never used it. I do know that another seller on Ebay will do $179 shipped brand new. iflytailies if you ask him about it thru a message and he'll send a invoice thru paypal but on Ebay he wants $199 shipped.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Holding out for an XG14. Hear great things about the gimbals. Not that much more than a 6 or an 8 when you come down to it.
TheDHndrsn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2014, 12:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

"Holding out for an XG14. Hear great things about the gimbals. Not that much more than a 6 or an 8 when you come down to it."

I have been using the XG14 for about exactly a year now.

It is a very good radio, with the type of programming found in the 11X (very easy to navigate). I have three helicopters and two airplanes set up in it now. You can, as they say, "Feel the Difference" (a quicker, more connected feeling, if that makes sens).

I am anxiously awaiting the release of the 28X.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in