Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Mini Protos

MSH Mini Protos MSH Mini Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

The same thing probably happened to me today. Brand new mini protos (12th flight).
I was doing some fast elevator tic tocs for about 10 seconds when I had a first lost of controls. The radio link came back pretty fast and I managed to recover the heli easily. At this point I thought I just made a mistake and I did not land and check the vbar logs. Instead, I tried another run of tic tocs. Second link lost after about ten seconds and as I was pretty low, I did not managed to rescue the heli a second time. I crashed pretty hard. The main shaft went through the bottom plate..

mini protos kit with stock motor and yge 60a ESC.
MKS DS92A+ for cyclic
MKS DS95i for tail
mini vbar with 1 spektrum satellite
governor on mini vbar

The attached vbar log shows the voltage drop. My question is, are you guys using an external bec for a 450 size heli or a receiver pack?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130821-vbarlog-miniprotos_crash.png
Views:	106
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	445247  
sam974 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Rx pack may be too heavy. Unless you run mcpx BL packs and hv servos maybe?

I bought a gryphon polaris to try on my stretch but that heli was raided for my non-stretch.

How many cells are you running on your mini?

The one I am flying atm is stock 325, off the yge bec, 3S, vbar, 95i on tail, old 92's (not A+'s). No real issue. I believe 3S taxes the sbec less, but if you're seeing failures here I might have to order more polaris's.

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2013, 07:01 AM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

In my case DS92, DS92A+ and DS95 with Align DS520 or DS95i works pretty good without any issue.
ZeXx86 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been able to reproduce the issue pretty easily on the bench. Even with 2 DS92A+ and the DS95i, I have a brownout after 2 or 3 seconds of intensive stick banging. And this is without any load that would apply while in flight.
Then I made a test with an old align BEC I have and no more brownout.
I saw the specs for the YGE 60 are 3 amps continuous and 5 amps peak. Even with a low estimated value of 1 amp per servo, the ESC should not be able to supply the required current.

I will go with a gryphon polaris BEC by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeXx86 View Post
In my case DS92, DS92A+ and DS95 with Align DS520 or DS95i works pretty good without any issue.
Have you tried banging the sticks on the bench? I wondering if my YGE 60 is just normal, weak or if yours is more powerful.
sam974 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in