Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Mini Protos

MSH Mini Protos MSH Mini Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

cool if this is an easy mod I can see this upgrade really taking off
dl5973 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Has abyone tried the new scorpion warp 360 motor on their mini P?

No need to change the flat, actually in a better spot on the new shaft
Old 02-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossk View Post
No need to change the flat, actually in a better spot on the new shaft
Let us know how it works out in the mini. Is this going in a stretch I hope. It is a tad heavier but not a lot. maybe msh should upgrade to this as the motor for the 6s mini LOL! Almost pushed the order button tonight !!
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #44 (permalink)

I think this motor doesn't work with all esc s, a couple of guys have smoked there's !The cc 50 is supposed to work, but I would read up on it before flying/ frying the heli.
Stevemech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2013, 11:07 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemech View Post
I think this motor doesn't work with all esc s, a couple of guys have smoked there's !The cc 50 is supposed to work, but I would read up on it before flying/ frying the heli.

Koby esc seems to be the culprit particularly the koby 40. Kontronic esc,s have had issues with some motors in the past also. Ice cc 50 is fine and apparently yge is ok also. The koby has even struggled with the msh 6s motor. Same number of poles etc as the 2520. No sweat for me as I use ice 50 lite. Yep may have an issue also but as noted, do some research !
Old 02-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it doesn't work with my yge 60 I will be most disappointed...
Yes, I think I will put it in my stretch mini with yge 60 and brain
Old 02-25-2013, 05:23 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

It fits into the frame no problems

But motor and esc wires are too short to work, so I'm going to make some extensions
Old 02-25-2013, 06:10 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott s View Post
Koby esc seems to be the culprit particularly the koby 40. Kontronic esc,s have had issues with some motors in the past also. Ice cc 50 is fine and apparently yge is ok also. The koby has even struggled with the msh 6s motor. Same number of poles etc as the 2520. No sweat for me as I use ice 50 lite. Yep may have an issue also but as noted, do some research !
This sounds strange. I use a koby90 in my stretched P500 with the Hyperion 6s motor (same as the scorpion). Never an issue. Maybe the 40 is just not large enough for this motor? Wll the Koby 60 fit in the mini P?
NickBee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well, looks like I know what my next purchase will be. Glad to see this works perfect, with all the hype about the warp, I'd love to watch the mini p walk all over it

YS Powered Rave ENV Stretch Protos 500, Stretch Mini Protos, 180 Trio
gitbse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBee View Post
This sounds strange. I use a koby90 in my stretched P500 with the Hyperion 6s motor (same as the scorpion). Never an issue. Maybe the 40 is just not large enough for this motor? Wll the Koby 60 fit in the mini P?
The koby 90 has been running the 2520 fine also. I think the koby 55 is ok if I remember correctly but you must do the research. You will find a thread over on the warp forum and other links in the thread. The koby 40 has enough amp handling power but that is not the issue. It just will not handle the high switching needed with high pole and stator motors. Apparently in kontronics wisdom they assumed the low power 40 would only be used with small low pole high kv motors. Just my theory is all, well at least the assumption part. The high switching part is reality. Kontronics esc's will never be on my shopping list LOL, Especialy when we will be seeing govs in just about all top end fbl units soon. Love my ice esc's LOL!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:13 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Shiny...

Well, I like the gold color.

Couple of clarifications though. What clip did you use for the shaft? Did you use that bent washer?

And, whats this going to do for battery life. Nothing good I would imagine. Probably not too bad 5% hit?

And the motor wires, Would they have been long enough if you hadn;t shortened your ESC wires?

Does it come in that freaky black box?

Nice.. I have a couple of 6S stockers still in the MSH bag.. Might have to sell those off now and get these.

Mini Prôtos 6S Stretch - DS95/DS95i, Mini V-Bar, YGE60 VBAR Ready
CrashAddict is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashAddict View Post
Well, I like the gold color.

Couple of clarifications though. What clip did you use for the shaft? Did you use that bent washer?

And, whats this going to do for battery life. Nothing good I would imagine. Probably not too bad 5% hit?

And the motor wires, Would they have been long enough if you hadn;t shortened your ESC wires?

Does it come in that freaky black box?

Nice.. I have a couple of 6S stockers still in the MSH bag.. Might have to sell those off now and get these.
Well from the photo I can tell you that I am pretty positive the clip and washer used is the one that came with the msh shaft. The washer is just a flat washer small enough to ride on the inner bearing race and the clip should be up against that.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The koby 90 has been running the 2520 fine also. I think the koby 55 is ok if I remember correctly but you must do the research. You will find a thread over on the warp forum and other links in the thread. The koby 40 has enough amp handling power but that is not the issue. It just will not handle the high switching needed with high pole and stator motors. Apparently in kontronics wisdom they assumed the low power 40 would only be used with small low pole high kv motors. Just my theory is all, well at least the assumption part. The high switching part is reality. Kontronics esc's will never be on my shopping list LOL, Especialy when we will be seeing govs in just about all top end fbl units soon. Love my ice esc's LOL!
Got it! Thanks! Does anyone know if the jive 80 will fit under the main shaft in the Mini P? It would be a good option for the 5A BEC.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:07 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Heh..

Quote:
Well from the photo I can tell you that I am pretty positive the clip and washer used is the one that came with the msh shaft. The washer is just a flat washer small enough to ride on the inner bearing race and the clip should be up against that.
Yeah, he probably did use the MSH clip, since the one that came with the motor probably self destructed during removal anyhow. I dont remember if the MSH shaft I butchered came with a washer. The one on the motor was a bent washer. Ended up buying a clip kit. Still have a bunch of clips. Not sure it matters all that much as long as there is no slop or friction.

You try it first.. Like Mikey :-)

Mini Prôtos 6S Stretch - DS95/DS95i, Mini V-Bar, YGE60 VBAR Ready
CrashAddict is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Got it! Thanks! Does anyone know if the jive 80 will fit under the main shaft in the Mini P? It would be a good option for the 5A BEC.

Are you kidding ? The jive 80 LV is 62mm long and 32 mm wide. The OUTSIDE frame of the mini is 32mm and usable opening front to rear under the main shaft is 54mm.
A 300 dollar plus giant overkill, heavy esc just to gain a 5 amp continuous, 15 amp peak internal bec. Use an ice lite 50 or the yge 60 in the nose and add a gryphon polaris bec. Mks is now suggesting external bec's be used with ds95/92A+. Especialy if you fly spektrum sats. But recommended period. Saves heat on the esc also and internal noise from the esc.
Here are some photos of gryphon polaris bec and an hc3sx fbl unit that are smaller than the jive 80 length !
Ice lite 50 in the nose which fits like it was custom made for the mini.

Last edited by scott s; 02-25-2013 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 02-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Are you kidding ? The jive 80 LV is 62mm long and 32 mm wide. The OUTSIDE frame of the mini is 32mm and usable opening front to rear under the main shaft is 54mm.
A 300 dollar plus giant overkill, heavy esc just to gain a 5 amp continuous, 15 amp peak internal bec. Use an ice lite 50 or the yge 60 in the nose and add a gryphon polaris bec. Mks is now suggesting external bec's be used with ds95/92A+. Especialy if you fly spektrum sats. But recommended period. Saves heat on the esc also and internal noise from the esc.
Here are some photos of gryphon polaris bec and an hc3sx fbl unit that are smaller than the jive 80 length !
Ice lite 50 in the nose which fits like it was custom made for the mini.
Cool. That's why I asked. I'm a Kontronik fan so I would just stick with a Koby under the mainshaft and have my HC3SX on the boom gyro mount (just like my P500). The gryphon polaris bec looks small enough that it have be tucked away somewhere..
Old 02-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Cool. That's why I asked. I'm a Kontronik fan so I would just stick with a Koby under the mainshaft and have my HC3SX on the boom gyro mount (just like my P500). The gryphon polaris bec looks small enough that it have be tucked away somewhere..
The hc3sx will fit like sh*&% on the top of the boom clamp housing on the mini. It is to wide and the frame sides will interfere with moving the hc3sx far enough forward! I sure would not go grinding the frames at that location either or you will be looking at frame failure at a high stress area.

Last edited by scott s; 02-25-2013 at 02:14 PM..
Old 02-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
The new motor has more poles so the motor timing needs to be ultra fast, most current esc weren't designed for this new style, and you run the risk of smoking your esc!Becarefull and maybe read the Warp thread so as not to repeat !
Stevemech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This combo works, I'm using a gryphon Polaris BEC just to be safe.

so...

Old 02-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used the clip that came with shaft only because the one on the motor disappeared during removal, either works.
The washers are wave/bent, they act as little shock absorbers in either end and I put both back in.
The wires are shorter than standard, prolly too short.
It comes in the standard scorpion tin.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in