Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 180CFX

180CFX Blade 180CFX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2015, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Do you change F-Mode during flight?

I finally got one of 180CFX helis set up so I can change flight modes during flight, I can go from Norm to Stunt1 and Stunt2 without having it freak out, usually just a little tweak when the flight mode is switched.

I am using a little bit of a custom setup on the pitch curve in normal mode, so there is not a big pitch change when mode is switched, the setup provided in the book had definite pitch change from Norm to Stunt1 or 2.
HunkaJunk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2015, 07:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I get it into a hover and then hit IU1. The stock pitch settings are the same in all three modes when the TH is 50% and above.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	180CFX Errata.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	565386  
CrashandBurn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2015, 06:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have programmed 4 flight modes (not including TH mode)
Normal mode 0,25,25,25,25 throttle with linear pitch curve
IU1 25 throttle with linear pitch curve
IU2 75 throttle with linear pitch curve
IU3 100 throttle with linear pitch curve

The default speeds in the esc have been toned down for all 3 settings.
I believe 4000, 4400 & 4800.

Normal mode i only use to land and in combination with TH to prevent the heli from spooling up by accidently flipping TH.
IU1 i use for just cruising around with light to no winds
IU2 i use for a little bit more aggresive flying and when the wind picks up or is flakky
IU3 i rarely use as i just do not need the power for what i am doing to this bird

I will normally start either in IU1 or IU2 and after 3:30 flip back to IU1 (if not already on) and go to normal mode to start landing at 3:50, during flight i might switch between IU1 or IU2 depending on conditions, IU3 is only to show off the headspeed it can do
Old 01-27-2015, 05:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duikje View Post
I have programmed 4 flight modes (not including TH mode)
Normal mode 0,25,25,25,25 throttle with linear pitch curve
IU1 25 throttle with linear pitch curve
IU2 75 throttle with linear pitch curve
IU3 100 throttle with linear pitch curve

The default speeds in the esc have been toned down for all 3 settings.
I believe 4000, 4400 & 4800.

Normal mode i only use to land and in combination with TH to prevent the heli from spooling up by accidently flipping TH.
IU1 i use for just cruising around with light to no winds
IU2 i use for a little bit more aggresive flying and when the wind picks up or is flakky
IU3 i rarely use as i just do not need the power for what i am doing to this bird

I will normally start either in IU1 or IU2 and after 3:30 flip back to IU1 (if not already on) and go to normal mode to start landing at 3:50, during flight i might switch between IU1 or IU2 depending on conditions, IU3 is only to show off the headspeed it can do
I have a DX9 too...how did u get 4 flight modes? My switches have 3 positions...0,1,2
I have 'normal' flat 25tc, stunt 1 flat 75tc, stunt 2 flat 100tc. How do u get the 4th mode?
Spektrum DX9
pkm_heliman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2015, 06:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

It looks like he is using TH as normal flight mode instead of having it at zero throttle.
CrashandBurn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2015, 06:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkm_heliman View Post
I have a DX9 too...how did u get 4 flight modes? My switches have 3 positions...0,1,2
I have 'normal' flat 25tc, stunt 1 flat 75tc, stunt 2 flat 100tc. How do u get the 4th mode?
You can assign an extra switch to get the idle up 3, i use switch B for Normal, IU1 & IU2 and switch A for IU 3. You only get IU3 if switch b is on position 2 (IU2) and switch A is on position 1.
I can post my programfile for the 180CFX if you like ?
Old 01-30-2015, 07:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
The Airetic

I get the 4 flight modes thing, but the Talon ESC can only operate with gov on or gov off.

How are you setting up to have a "normal" mode with a linear TC and also using the 3 gov levels? I was not aware that this was a possibility.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloXray View Post
I get the 4 flight modes thing, but the Talon ESC can only operate with gov on or gov off.

How are you setting up to have a "normal" mode with a linear TC and also using the 3 gov levels? I was not aware that this was a possibility.
If you look at my Original post, this "Normal" mode has a 0-50-100 pitch curve and a 0,25,25,25,25 throttle curve, so the only thing it has in common with a normal "normal" mode is the motor cuts of if you completely pull down the stick. for the rest it is identical to IU1. For me it adds a bit of extra security that on the ground the heli does not spool when i by accident flip the TH switch.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
The Airetic

Ah, sorry. I missed that. I use a double TH to keep from accidentally spooling up. It takes two switches to spool up, but if either one goes to off, it kills the motor.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I change modes quite a bit, and use different packs based on the type of flight I want. I currently am choosing to run ungoverned so I can fly all 3 flight modes at different HS and disc loading depending if I am running 2s 450, 3s 500, 3s 800, or 4s 450 packs. I may eventually find a set of governed head speeds that is fulfilling, but currently variety is the spice of life.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in