Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2015, 02:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default V450d03 rudder issue

Hi guys. I'm new to the hobby. I just bought a walkera v450d03 with the devo 7. Unfortunately I crash it the other day and bent the tail boom. I replaced all the parts that were bent or broke and installed everything just like it was from the factory. I hovered the help this morning and gave it full throttle to accelerate up. When I did the tail turned to left and I came back to mid stick. What adjustments do I need to make to correct this issue? Is this a gyro issue? Head locking? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Austin
AustinR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2015, 04:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why would you need to give it full throttle after such a fix without first evaluating whether the heli is operating correctly. 60% throttle should put it in a nice hover. Are you sure you set the tail up mechanically correctly.
pril250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2015, 11:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I did hover the heli and made sure that all functions were working properly and set it back down. Hovered it again and assumed everything was fine. Then I want to full throttle or punch and noticed the issue. Do you have a fix?
Old 01-28-2015, 06:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The fix depends on a few things. What gyro system is being used, tail servo and how the tail was set up initially. What is obviously happening is the gyro/servo is failing to react in time to correct for the sudden rise in head speed and resulting torque.

That is the reason many fliers use governed head speed wile achieving pumps via collective control alone.

The simplest reason could be down to slippage in the tail drive but more often than not it would be to do with setup and components.
pril250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2015, 06:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Tail boom

Thanks pril250. I will have to look at my manual to see abut setng the tail up again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in