Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2014, 03:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

http://www.align.com.tw/ManuaLib/Hel...r/RH70E12X.pdf
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2014, 08:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lol.... Told u! See u at the field bruh!
cml001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2014, 12:45 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wanna add a +1 to the dominator top. I've been very happy with mine. My only actual complaint is that I don't prefer the DFC head, so I got the FBL head they're now offering. My only gripe with that is they don't include turnbuckles (I have no idea why align does this, but they need to start including them with FBL heads). Very happy with the heli. It is far better than my skills are, this is for sure. I would definitely recommend it. I like that they give you the option for either the DFC head or the FBL head.

As for the Align 815 servos, I've already crashed my 700L top. I crashed it hard enough that the tail was chopped completely off and sent about 30 yards from the crash. The DFC arms were bend to about 20-30 degrees off center. They were truly mangled. However, the servos had no stripped gears. None of em. I was blown away. This was the time I decided to switch to the FBL head since I would've had to buy all new DFC head parts anyway. The heli held up pretty well overall. Had I just replaced parts with factory parts it was only about 140 in parts plus blades (main and tail). The canopy was pretty stomped but I was able to repair it. In fairness, I really, really drove it in hard.
reich2004 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2014, 07:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Reich, Thanks for sharing your story. I'm new to the dfc head, most other machines I've flown were FBL head. Or direct to swash, lol but I wondered how the machine would hold up in a hard crash, especially the servos. Now I have an idea! Keep us posted.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:14 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, even on the dfc I was blown away that the servos took that crash without fault. The main reason I like the fbl is the ability to use turnbuckles and get a really accurate tracking. I suppose you could do something like lynx arms and do that with dfc but I like the new Rex fbl head, not that I dislike dfc. Just personal preference.
reich2004 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2014, 05:51 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Pulling the trigger

Raptard, hello from Alpharetta! Nice review. I'm pulling the trigger on ordering a 700 Top today. You only live once. Unless you're a cat...

Best flight ever, right up 'til the abrupt end
Demo Up is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2014, 10:58 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demo Up View Post
Raptard, hello from Alpharetta! Nice review. I'm pulling the trigger on ordering a 700 Top today. You only live once. Unless you're a cat...
Hello from all the Heli nuts here in Augusta!

Demo, you are going to love it, I promise! I had another 5 great flights this passed sunday and tweaked the Gpro a hair more and again just wow, lol I already have a guy wanting my blade 550X and if all goes well ill replace it with a 550 or 500 Dom. who knows!
Old 12-26-2014, 09:30 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I too am in the process of building my new 700L top. I already have a 700pro (800mx/160hv) combo which I love. So I'm excited to feel the Xtra power for the 850mx. The new align servos are amazingly beautiful. And I'm really liking the red accents. Now I can use my pro as a beater and it will be nice they share the same parts. For the price you just can't beat it. The only thing I'm changing is the gyro. I love vbar

Trex700ProDFCHV,Goblin 770,Goblin 570, 14SGH
Old 12-29-2014, 09:59 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur3 View Post
I too am in the process of building my new 700L top. I already have a 700pro (800mx/160hv) combo which I love. So I'm excited to feel the Xtra power for the 850mx. The new align servos are amazingly beautiful. And I'm really liking the red accents. Now I can use my pro as a beater and it will be nice they share the same parts. For the price you just can't beat it. The only thing I'm changing is the gyro. I love vbar

Trex700ProDFCHV,Goblin 770,Goblin 570, 14SGH
My hats off to you Excalibur, I'm still very impressed by this machine! I never got a chance to own the 700e pro DFC, I had a blade 700x . But I got to fly a friends at the field and I was hooked. once I worked out the details I set my sights on the Dom 700l, and the rest is history. No regrets. I kept the Gpro just because I wanted to try it and see how it did. but Vbar would be a fitting replacement if need be.And the red accents, gorgeous! good luck on your build and maiden, not that you will need it
Old 01-30-2015, 02:18 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Update

only video I've got yet, just a quick settings check from early on

Align Trex 700l Dominator- feeling it out flight (4 min 29 sec)
Old 01-30-2015, 05:55 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Raptard, great thread and great bit of flying too. I'm about to buy myself a 700L but now wondering about the "Top" version. What C rating are your lipos? Will my 5100mah 35C be enough for the TOP and do you think it is worth spending the extra? As far as I am aware the only difference is the motor and ESC. I can't stretch to new lipos yet so if the TOP version needs more lipo power (higher C than 35) I'll go for the slightly less powerful model. And I'm using BD3SX to calm my nerves!
Cheers from little England
Old 02-02-2015, 03:05 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Castle 160 speed control

Hey guys I'm new to the electric seen was wondering if anyone has the setup the used for the 160hv speed control for the 700 top. Kind of confused on what to do first. Any help would be awesome. Thanks
Txboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2015, 06:48 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

http://www.castlecreations.com/downloads.html
Old 02-02-2015, 09:12 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've got the software just need the setting to put in it. Thanks
Old 02-03-2015, 06:45 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Start with these:

http://shop.align.com.tw/winset/Inst...20850MX_en.pdf
dchekas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2015, 07:17 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you this will help a lot. Should the throttle end points be calibrated first before inputting these settings?
Old 02-03-2015, 07:29 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I do not believe it matters, although I usually do setup the ESC Software prior to programming endpoints.
dchekas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2015, 09:12 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycopter View Post
Hi Raptard, great thread and great bit of flying too. I'm about to buy myself a 700L but now wondering about the "Top" version. What C rating are your lipos? Will my 5100mah 35C be enough for the TOP and do you think it is worth spending the extra? As far as I am aware the only difference is the motor and ESC. I can't stretch to new lipos yet so if the TOP version needs more lipo power (higher C than 35) I'll go for the slightly less powerful model. And I'm using BD3SX to calm my nerves!
Cheers from little England
Thank you sir!

I am using 5000mah 30C packs that's around 150amps continuous. so far my castle log has not show a spike higher than 154 amps during a flight and it was just a spike not constant, I usually end up around a constant AVG 120 amps. so your packs cover that being 35C so roughly 178.5 amps. you should be fine. also you have to consider that your drawing from two packs not one, now i understand that there in series so capacity never changes, however i mean strictly the 5100mah total capacity. From what I understand the larger the capacity the lower the C rating can be. such that if i were flying say a 450 size machine with 2000mah batts, I would want a higher C rating. 2.2x15C=33 so most ESC's on a 450 are 35amps. the packs would not have a long service life, and probably end up being puffy and hot after several hard flights.

As far as the extra money I say GO For it! the motor and Esc really help make this machine (mine), what it is. As you can see the video doesn't look like much, but I was really nervous and conservative. hope this helps.

P.s I still stand by my review, The machine rocks each and every flight, and I hope to have a better video soon.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:18 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchekas View Post
dchedas,
Hey Thanks!!! this is Great!!!
Being a 700L Top owner i though i looked at everything concerning this bird.
But i've never seen this,,,,, so thanks for sharing. Very good info

Yardner - Dallas, TX
yardner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2015, 09:00 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Had my maiden flight today. All's I can say is WOW. rock solid. Not everything was perfect when I switch to idle up 1 which is a straight 70% curve I get a vibration that sounds like the canopy rubbing. I removed the canopy still same thing any ideas what this could be. I did notice when looking the bird over one of the tail blades had gotten loose. Would that cause the problem. Tail gain is set to 70. Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in