Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 02:50 PM   #1001 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What gyro servo you running on the 450? Have you done the chinese tail weight mod?
[B][COLOR="Blue"]
psilo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2010, 04:17 AM   #1002 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hitec hs-5084, yes on the mod. Speed of the tail throw, I don't think, is the issue. All the components are well proven on different birds.

The heli is an HDX450v4, Scorpion 2221-8, 45a CC esc, ds760. My 500 and my 250 both are piro-maniacs, this thing reminds me of the Belt, ( God, I can't believe I just said that. Forgive me ). With the Scorpion and the belt drive I did notice an increase in piro rate. I was almost happy. After a crash I decided to try out the tt mod, hopeing to boost it even more. No such luck, just the opposite. One thing I did notice that was different than the Sonic belt tail assembly was the amount of throw on the shaft. Sonic uses a longer shaft. I had to limit the end point settings to keep it from cavitating. I found out the hard way that there at times you do not want that to happen!
The Align shaft was shorter, so I was able to use damn near my entire end point settings to keep it from bottoming. This left the tail with plenty of deflection and never cavitated.
What went wrong with this experiment I'm pretty certain it's the few missing degress of deflection before cavitation that I'm not able to mechanically over come. I was really hopeing that the vast increase in head speed would once again boost the piro rate. Head speed was outragious, so much so that I had to lower my flat rate to keep it in control. I don't rightly remember what pinion I'm using, but I do have a 14 tooth In a bag, so It's larger than that. I'm pushing everything I can get with her and she just loves it. Does make for costly crashes though.

So, plan C; put the Sonic tail back on, transfer the Chinese modded components, ( I really like the thicker root on the Align pro tail blades, not to mention my slider, if I can, worth to keep them I think ), go back up on the flat rate, and try again. I can live with out 2 rotations a second, but I don't think I really can at anything less that 1 per sec.

Plan D; I really don't know. I love to tinker, and this presents a challange to me. I'm throwing down a thought of lengthening the boom, as i said. I guess finding a tube won't be too much trouble, but determining what i need for a drive belt, well, there I will need help. I know there are places theat make custom lengths. It would be nice if I could get one made in kevlar. I just fell in love with the one I got for my 250.

It just seems to me that it's a leverage issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010011.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	143611  
Trex250se
msr
Tomstoy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2010, 09:12 AM   #1003 (permalink)

Aw man bro, why do you need such a fast rate? It's one thing to have quick but too quick and you get yourself in trouble. But it's all preference I guess (crazy bastard).

There is a little more at play here than one would think. It's a weight dynamic and forces. The 250 is extremely light and runs at high HS, so it can really swing. I found this out 5 days ago when I raised my servo rates 2 notches.

The HC500 is the lightest 500 (from the Atom, Trex.. etc.), so that gives it a slight better ability to get the air hooking through the air. Additionally the 500 has some of the most intense forces on it's tail so it doesn't have to work all that hard.

Every 450 I've had though was kinda "lazy" on the tail. It got around but not quiet as wildly as other classes. My HDX V3 had a really fast piro rate when I had the Esky gyro, once I got the Logitech it was locked in and tamed (likely due to having my gyro settings at the lowest).

Really the only thing I can think of to maybe kick it up a notch is get a higher tooth counted pulley on your tail. Also don't know what gyro you got or it's settings but you'll wanna increase it's throw speed if it has the option, that's always been the key to speed on my birds tail.
B2TheEYo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2010, 03:20 PM   #1004 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, I am, lol. I'm not saying I'm using that speed, though there were a few times on the 500 that I let it piro like hell.
It's just kind of gotten under my saddle now, buggs the hell out of me. Gyro speed isn't the problem either. I'm running my Spartan ds-760 on it. Like I said, the system is all proven.
I'm thinking an extra inch in boom length would over-come the laziness, so to speak. But then again, I can live with it the way it was before the tt mod. I have the Sonix back on now, but I'm down for a new set of paddles. Then I can go back out and give it hell.
Spring is officially here now. We just had our first week of 50+ F. weather! Man, my knee feels GOOD!!!!

Going to go thru the new head for the 500 now, get it back up for tomorrow. What a sweet head that is!

The 250 is all good to go, just too windy for it right now today.

Did you ever try out those high dollar cf blades for your 500?
Trex250se
msr
Old 03-06-2010, 08:27 PM   #1005 (permalink)

Good to hear you're getting your fleet going.

Only thing I've flown-flown is my 250SE I was given as a gift. I yanked a blade grip apart so been super gluing that bastard every crash, works well though. Flew it pretty nasty hard, good fun was getting use to handling a bird again. Than one crash my FREAKING belt snapped. Nada in Paypal for a new belt so out of luck for flying the 250. Also finally broke a carbon blade.

Yeah I've hovered it a few times with them on, they track spot on, looks nice, haven't "flown-flown" it with those blades on though, TERRIFIED.

Hovered it the other day trying to cheer myself up but meh - STILL cannot get the tail proper, even after boom mounting my tail servo. All I did was destroy my KBDD tail blades, sigh, got a matching set for the 250SE and 500SE and broke them on the first flight just in stupidity, effing snow.

Do post pictures of the head, everyone says it's a freaking work of art.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #1006 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The bench, or should I say the kitchen table is covered with debris of a shinny Trex 450 under construction (thanks Pitt). I never knew how sturdy a real CF frame was. I had the Carbon frame from Pesky and it was twice as thick and twice as flexible. This stuff is stouter than the EXI aluminum. Soon she'll fly
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC01516.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	144457   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01517.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	144458  
GAUI 200 (under reconstruction)
Trex 450 (sponsered by Pittjitsu)
creteus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2010, 06:26 PM   #1007 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ha! Thanks for the sponsorship! That's cool! I hope you got my email. DO not pull the servo wires from the board. Splice them at a spot where all 3 have good insulation. Also note that you MUST use a blade to cut each color loose. if your pull them, they will peel the one next to them naked! I keep saying, they are great sturdy servos, just to bad they use fruit roll ups as their insulation. I picked the best of the worst and even sent you an extra for parts. Good luck
PittJitsu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2010, 06:59 PM   #1008 (permalink)
Registered Users

The work bench is officially cleared off, clean and ready for the next casualty. I just got done with both the 450 and the 500. Got a set of cf blades from Sonic for the 450. Supposedly, they are supposed to be pretty good blades. Thought I read somewhere where they were supposed to be Hypreion seconds, but I can't find a blemish anywhere, and they are deffinately tagged Sonic.

The 500, I have my new version HC head on it, thus completing the upgrade to pure HC. She's all ready to try out again. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Springtime in the Rockies, you know. Warm means wind, cold means snow, not much else inbetween.
Trex250se
msr
Old 03-18-2010, 05:32 PM   #1009 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, After a total build, rethink and rebuild, I think I'm one tail servo wire tuck away from my 450 pro being as I want it... complete!
Ugly to some, Alien blood pumping to me. I tucked away all I could and now I eagerly await the heat issue, electrical interference and or fire. Although many others have tucked the ESC under the battery, I am skeptical.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:48 PM   #1010 (permalink)
Registered Users

DUDE!!! I've heard of having a bail out plan but damn did your pro really need a parachute!! least the rip cord's nice and visible

My bench is friggin mind field got a flasher 250 been a bitch with its poxy .9mm grub screws all chewed up
My Ely Q with its guts out.... again, arh the joy of nitro

And 2 of the 4 SJMs i have currently partly built to lovely engineering these but a few "issues" im sorting out now.
lex7919 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2010, 07:41 PM   #1011 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex7919 View Post
DUDE!!! I've heard of having a bail out plan but damn did your pro really need a parachute!! least the rip cord's nice and visible

My bench is friggin mind field got a flasher 250 been a bitch with its poxy .9mm grub screws all chewed up
My Ely Q with its guts out.... again, arh the joy of nitro

And 2 of the 4 SJMs i have currently partly built to lovely engineering these but a few "issues" im sorting out now.
Funny you should mention those screws. I was just out hunting for that same wrench since my Gaui needed a flybar. Third faulty flybar I have gotten. They keep bending when I land the helicopter on its side. MMM

I checked every Home Depot/Lowes and then ended up in a little Hobby shop that actually had an Align .9, that now I know is obviously made for the 250. I bought 2!

A parachute would be awesome! Need a servo that can pull the big green rip cord though
Old 03-19-2010, 02:10 PM   #1012 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, it's not on the bench,,yet, however, give it a week. So, what the hell have I gone and done now?

Pre-ordered my Avant Aurora !!!!!!!

I decided to pre-order both the nitro and the electric. According to the Avant forumn, the second shipment it supposed to include electric kits. Either way, I've decided I can't handle it anymore!!!
That reminds me, we haven't had heli-addicts meeting for quite some time.

Anyway, I'm not a huge fan of nitro. Pretty much limits you to where you can fly, but then again by my figuring so does a 700 heli. Sure couldn't fly it in the little park where I live. Couple that knowledge with my natural desire to tinker and, oh what the hell, I'd go for an Avant anyday! Imagine, a heli that is fully blinged out straight from the box! The only thing you can really do is fbl, hmmm,,,,,,
Trex250se
msr
Old 03-19-2010, 02:26 PM   #1013 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow, Get out of my head! I was actually looking at the Avant's myself last night. I have a good Align deal though, so I'm struggling with whether I should build this or sell it and by a different model retail. Your points have me thinking that a sale is in order. Its mighty big, I have zero nitro experience, and the local park is not that large. Are they that loud? Batteries keep getting cheaper and cheaper so maybe that's the way to go. MMM?
Old 03-19-2010, 02:44 PM   #1014 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can't own a Trex 700 kit and not build it!!

The 700 is probably the best heli of that size so stick with it.

If your not ready for a 700 then you could sell it and get a 600 I suppose.

-Jonny
Old 03-19-2010, 09:05 PM   #1015 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I can't wait to hear your report on the Aurora
mnwizard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2010, 02:48 AM   #1016 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyheli View Post
The 700 is probably the best heli of that size so stick with it.
Jonny, you are confusing most popular with best! The T-Rex 700 is by no means the best .90 size heli, BUT it is a great heli with lots of retailers so great parts availability.

The Avant Aurora is probably THE best .90 size out, although the Synergy N9, Kasama Srimok and the Vibe 90 SG are all up there too.

Still, I am just about to swap my N9 for a 700 tomorrow, but then again I AM a total ALign Fanbois :
[B][COLOR="Blue"]
psilo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2010, 01:03 PM   #1017 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm just looking forward to having another heli waiting for parts !
Trex250se
msr
Old 03-20-2010, 03:30 PM   #1018 (permalink)

Gerd's right boys.

The Avant models are THE BEST ones out, Kasama, Synergy and Vibe are the contenders.

Align is by no means the best - it's just a practical household name brand. Align is kinda like the Mitsubishi of the helicopter world. Offers reliable engineered kits at a effective price.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:43 PM   #1019 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2TheEYo View Post
The Avant models are THE BEST ones out, Kasama, Synergy and Vibe are the contenders.
Alow me to add the RJX Hobby X-treme 90EP in any setup you want like G10 / carbon / FBL or not / TT or not, the Mikado Logo600SE (=700 size) and Logo700 coming out later this year and the Henseleit Three Dee series of course, if we are talking about the best ?
Old 03-20-2010, 05:39 PM   #1020 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Pitt you dont need a 700. Then again it would probably be easier to wire up than this thing you got me doing now.
just an update. I hate trying to make the wires pretty on a V2 450. It just plain sucks. I'm about to cut some thin black plastic and close in the frame so you cant see whats in it. I mean look at the kitchen table. The wifes beside herself seeing how theres a perfect hobby room in the basement for me to do it in.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC01530.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	146349   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01532.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	146350   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01533.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	146351  
GAUI 200 (under reconstruction)
Trex 450 (sponsered by Pittjitsu)
creteus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in