Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2012, 06:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking Kyle stops flying xxtreme 800 ?

Anyone knows if Kyle is still flying the xxtreme 800? Seems he fell in love with the 700 now. haha, just kidding

It is really an enjoyment to watch Kyle's flight, and he did the flight at 3DM with more passion (smack?) now, also with a lot new tricks.

Really want to see Kyle fly xxtreme 800 again with his new flying style in 3DM, maybe with the new PYRO800

Hope can hear some news from Dave
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes it's true, that Kyle has been sharply focused this 2012 flying season on the Logo 700. Since it had to be prototyped and was his "competition machine" for the season, he has largely been fly it, and the 800 hasn't been flown much (neither has his other Logos...and he has a bunch of 'em ).

Not to detract from the good things about the Logo 600, 600"SE", and the 800 (they each do things better and worse, and fly differently than the others), the 700 strikes an addictive balance. And this is not just the Logo 700, but many other pilots flying other 700's feel the same way. "Not to big, not too small...just right".

But to each their own. I'll take the 800 any day. Others want the lightening fast response of the 600. Choices. What a wonderful concept

(-: Dave
dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012, 04:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks very much for your reply, Dave.

You know that, people used to think the logo xxtreme 800 is sluggish, but now guys have bad ass pyro800 and 4540 to pump up the HS to 2000.

I ever watched a video of 2000rpm with 750blade flight by Kyle, really want to know how kyle can abuse the machine now with some "hot" equipment.

BTW, wish good luck for Kyle's flight in Euro next week, looking forward xxtreme fly with 750.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dave,

What are you thoughts on the 800 as a starting point for an aerial video platform? Any down sides?

Thanks,

Wendell
xfc3dcd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfc3dcd View Post
Dave,

What are you thoughts on the 800 as a starting point for an aerial video platform? Any down sides?

Thanks,

Wendell
You might want to ask this question over at the Aerial Video and Photography sub-forum.

Here's a thread of the most impressive XXtreme 800 AP/AV/FPV project I've seen:

Building my way to AP
ElectricSheep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2012, 11:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Wendal,

Just from standing back and looking at the machine and it's layout, I see nothing that would limit the mechanics from being good for AP work.

But having not actually done it, I must defer to someone who has. Contact Perry Kavros (the father of Mikado Team pilot Jesse Kavros) at www.xaconcepts.com/XAC/Welcome.html Perry's e-mail is in the contact section.

Perry has converted an XXtreme 800 for AP use, and he might have some insights from actual experience.

Take care,

Dave Dahl
dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Dave,

Thanks for Perry's info. Looks like I have a new winter project.

Esheep,

That is impressive work. Thanks!

Wendell
xfc3dcd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in