Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > KDS Helicopters General Discussion

KDS Helicopters General Discussion KDS Helicopters General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default KDS 450c Comments, complaints?

I'm a rookie and I'm looking at the 450c as a first "real" heli, of course I need a lot more time on the sim before I purchase a larger heli, just wanted to get comments or complaints. Any and all replies appreciated!
automap2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey
I personally don't own a KDS450, but I can confirm that this size is great for beginners. From my KDS550 I can confirm that the KDS mechanical quality is just great. I am also satisfied with the blades, the ESC as well as the motor.
Many people have had good experience with the servos, I have however heard about some that developed a substantial ammount of play in the servo-arms after just a few flights, which is why I decided to put SAVÖX into mine.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the 450QS which is marketed as the beginner heli. I haven't got many complaints about it.
My main complaints are:
1. general accessibility for replacing servos is not that thought out but once you figure it out it's not too bad.
2. The standard 9g micro servos are really weak and break almost instantly in a crash. Follow FamilyMans advice and replace with Savox or something similar with metal gears.

Having said that, its a pretty good platform to learn on, repairs wise. I don't think you'll be disappointed for the price you pay! I love mine

KDS 450QS, Nano S3, M2 Evo
anthraxnz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 05:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have a 450C but don't fly it much anymore. It's a great beginners heli.

The 450C is a bit dated, it's a clone of the TRex 450 V2. So watch out for parts availability. If you have a reliable parts supply, then go for it.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now that's what I call a "global response"
Utah - Germany - New Zealand - South Africa.
I love helifreak
Old 01-28-2013, 12:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well then lets add the USA SOUTHERN utah..

I have one. I really like it BUT the servos are kind of crappy. any crash and they are done. But until that happens the stock one will work.

Once you crash it plan on upgrading them and all will be AWESOME. I went with the hitech metal gear highspeed for the tail and Savox metal gears for the cyclic TOTALLY different bird! WAY BETTER now I am 100% happy with it. especially for the price!
metalwizard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 03:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by automap2002 View Post
I'm a rookie and I'm looking at the 450c as a first "real" heli, of course I need a lot more time on the sim before I purchase a larger heli, just wanted to get comments or complaints. Any and all replies appreciated!
Take the time to go through the mechanical setup. Level the swash/ make sure the blade tracking is even.... and you won't have any problems. As said before the servos will be toast after your first crash, but that is not a big deal. I put a set of metal gear power hd digital servos on mine and its golden. Parts are also not a problem as everything is compatible with the Trex 450 SE V2. The one thing that I found was different was the belt drive shaft housing.... Mine is more align parts now the kds but i am still flying that sucker..... oh and the stock esc that comes with it..... does not have a soft start even though it says option**** on the esc programming. I put a castle ice 50 on mine.... converted it to fbl and its a blast to fly....
Old 01-29-2013, 06:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
Default DX6i Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostflyer1 View Post
Take the time to go through the mechanical setup. Level the swash/ make sure the blade tracking is even.... and you won't have any problems. As said before the servos will be toast after your first crash, but that is not a big deal. I put a set of metal gear power hd digital servos on mine and its golden. Parts are also not a problem as everything is compatible with the Trex 450 SE V2. The one thing that I found was different was the belt drive shaft housing.... Mine is more align parts now the kds but i am still flying that sucker..... oh and the stock esc that comes with it..... does not have a soft start even though it says option**** on the esc programming. I put a castle ice 50 on mine.... converted it to fbl and its a blast to fly....

I want to use my DX6i, I know I'll have to put in a different receiver. Searched for the settings but I can not find any, does anyone have or can direct me to the settings? Thanks
automap2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would just program it from scratch.... you would probably get a better setup that way anyways.... That is just me....
Old 02-02-2013, 06:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking KDS450C

Hi ,well I do also fly a kds450c ,very nice heli. Just learn from my mistakes ,I have crashed mine because of a servo that striped when I started to go in Idle up mode. So change the servo's to metal/titanium gear servo's and you will not have any problems with it when you are getting to 3d mode.

It was my 2nd 450 size heli and I couldn't compare it to the Belt-CP I had at first. I've wrecked it and rebuild it 4 times and it still din't fly ,so don't buy a Belt-CP ever in your life.

The only sad thing about the kds is ,in South Africa we don't get many spares for the kds450c ,but don't worry ,all the align 450 metal upgrades fits just perfectly and works great on the kds
Friedrich is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2014, 12:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Kds 450c

Can u upgrade to a flybar less on the kds 450c?
Justinsiem1989 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in