Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Helicopters

Electric Helicopters Dedicated to larger than Micro/Mini Electric Helicopters of any Brand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 04:23 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Head speed around 1200 rpm on cp. The servo's are in the frame for the servo's to line up for both fp and cp versions.In direct drive tail do you mean with electric motor? the motor weighs 250g. Stock motor and main drive and tail gear 82g, so fc motor is 168g heavier than stock. CNC shark is the cnc router.
johnnycat500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2012, 07:02 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycat500 View Post
Looking good HH. OG was right on the tail servo mount,mine broke. The only part I would recommend replacing with an align part is the tail servo mount.Looking forward to see if your tb-54 works with the fc motor. The only part I don't have is a esc for the second one i am building. Have more video from today of ATC flying the dd 450 cp.Will post later today.
Thanks Bud, it’s coming together nicely

I prefer using the servo boom clamps on all my birds, the only reason I have the frame servo mount on, is because I was thinking of using it as a mount for my X9 receiver when I go cp. The X9 receiver is huge compared to other receivers and I’m going to have a hard time finding a good place to mount it on the DD frame. I’ve decided to go fbl FP on this one, so won’t need to worry about where to mount the receiver this time, as the RX2437S is small enough to mount on the ARB gyro platform.

My son was on over-drive yesterday (way too much holiday candy), so never had a chance to work some more on the build. I’m hoping to work on it more this week after work. Has soon as I’m at the point where I can test out the esc I’ll let you know if all is good Bro.

@ATC…nice flying Brother
Old 01-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Its awesome how quiet these sound without the gear whine.
OnGuard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

@HH thanks

@OG you know what's funny is that the video makes it sound A LOT and i mean A LOT louder than it actually is

it is quiet
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
AtTheCross is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2012, 05:25 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

ATC is right, and by going to a alum tail drive gear instead of the beam plastic one it made it even more so.

Serial # 3 for ATC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6353 2000x1328 ATC.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	277957  
Old 01-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

sweetness!!!! thanks jc500!!
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

" Houston we have a problem " The last flight was the latest video from yesterday. I wanted to play with the throttle curves so when I tried to spin it up the motor was going but the blades not.Thank goodness that it did not do that in the air. The 3 set screws that go on the ms were still tight. So the only thing it could be was the ms snapped where the hole is for the stock bolt to go thru for the main gear. This motor has some torque.The stock pro ms is about a 1/4 inch longer than a 450 se ms. I think the fix is to move the motor up about 1/4 inch to get past the hole in the bottom of the shaft.There is room to do that. When turning down the pro ms to 4mm weakens the ms because of that hole. HH's frame will be ok for fp because we are using the black angel ms, that does not have that hole to weaken the ms. ATC's frame I just cut will have to be the same.This weekend I will mod the cnc file and tear down my cp version to try the new frame.Oh the joys of building a heli from scratch. I love doing it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_6355 1200x1384.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	277980  
Old 01-03-2012, 09:44 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

bummer but yeah, i'm VERY glade it didn't happen in the air while i was at the helm, i would have felt awful.

and glad it didn't happen to you in the air, at least no damage.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:15 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad it happened on the ground Bud. Great thinking, moving the motor up in to the frame…sweetness.

I was able to sneak out after dinner last night and get a little more done to the Jcat DD FP Machine. Everything is together except for the head assembly, still need to make an fbl FC head up. Should have it all together by the weekend for a test hop…yeah Baby!!!
JC, I also had a chance last night to do a test spin up on the bench. As expected, the tb-54 seems to be working well with the V2 motor.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's great news on the tb-54. Now everyone knows that a tb-36 and tb-54 will work with the fc motor. I will have to order one.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Almost done
Only thing left is to mod up a fbl fun copter head and the beast will be ready to maiden.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN2871 (640x480).jpg
Views:	330
Size:	208.8 KB
ID:	278366   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2873 (640x480).jpg
Views:	276
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	278367   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2874 (640x480).jpg
Views:	262
Size:	209.4 KB
ID:	278368  
Old 01-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

very nice, is that a 4s battery?
Old 01-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

lookin good Hankster
Old 01-06-2012, 01:55 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Re-did the frame file. Moved the motor up .250. Now the set screws on the motor are above the hole in the shaft.That should fix the problem.This is ATC's cp frame ready to go.I have to get mine back together for this weekend so I can see it go inverted. My new toy, gopro AP platform. My batman frame.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_6394 2000x1328.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	278504   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6395 2000x1328.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	278505   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6397 2000x1328.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	278511  

Last edited by johnnycat500; 01-06-2012 at 03:29 AM..
Old 01-06-2012, 06:12 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheCross View Post
very nice, is that a 4s battery?
Nope, it’s just a 2200mah 3s, the tb-54 is only rated for 3s max.

With the headspeed you and JC have reported on the CP bird, I definitely think I want to go 4s on my cp build. Yeah I know I’ve haven’t finish the fp version yet, but I’m already thinking ahead to the cp bird. With the motor out of stock everywhere right now, it could be weeks before I’m able to finish the cp build. So was wondering if you or JC could ground test the 4s on the cp version for me and let me know how much the 4s increases headspeed. I know JC has said a 4s battery throws off CoG, but I think I have a fix for that.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:13 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydmech View Post
lookin good Hankster
Thanks Bud, this is one of the coolest builds I’ve ever done. JC is definitely the man.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:15 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Re-did the frame file. Moved the motor up .250. Now the set screws on the motor are above the hole in the shaft.That should fix the problem.This is ATC's cp frame ready to go.I have to get mine back together for this weekend so I can see it go inverted. My new toy, gopro AP platform. My batman frame.

JC, the motor looks great in its new location! And the aluminum pulley really adds to the over all look…sweetness! Looking forward to more flight videos brother and double sweetness on your new quadcopter.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
that recessed ATC is AWESOME!!!! love the batman

QUAD!!!!!! oh dang you're going to have a blast with that!!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIHANKSTER View Post
Nope, it’s just a 2200mah 3s, the tb-54 is only rated for 3s max.

With the headspeed you and JC have reported on the CP bird, I definitely think I want to go 4s on my cp build. Yeah I know I’ve haven’t finish the fp version yet, but I’m already thinking ahead to the cp bird. With the motor out of stock everywhere right now, it could be weeks before I’m able to finish the cp build. So was wondering if you or JC could ground test the 4s on the cp version for me and let me know how much the 4s increases headspeed. I know JC has said a 4s battery throws off CoG, but I think I have a fix for that.
wow, that's a fatty 3s I have a 2200mah 4s that looks smaller than that one
Old 01-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Putting this thing back together. Here's a pic of the ms showing where the motor and tail pulley attach.Hoping this weekend to cut ms for HH and ATC and cut HH's cp frame. Can't wait to start on the quad. cnc landing gear and mount for the gopro. That won't happen till I see the dd 450 pro cp do 3d.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_6398 2000x1325.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	278636  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in